NikeTalk Essentials: Outkast (completed pg. 7)

Spottieottiedogalicious
49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Unleashing Vernon Davis in a stadium near you​

Millenium
Aquemini
Spottieottiedopaliscsious
Git Up Git Out
Players Ball
if it was no diamonds and no begets
i still would have no worries, i got no regrets
i made my mom proud, and pop feels the same way
but hes a man so he probably got too much pride to say
cant count my blessings on one hand, more than a handful
and god ain't send nothin my way i couldnt handle

Liberation
Return of the Gangsta
Gangsta @#%$
Elevators

and I know I might not get madd props on this but....

The Whole World
quipe chique
bon chic bon genre
*shE-starz*
Team Negrodamus
test the 1st Lady's blackness.......she dares ya.​

I LOVE this essentials idea so props to you Bastich for this even though you still didn't add "All That I Got Is You" on the Wu Tang one but it's cool. Anyways, can't wait for the DIPSET one, CHEA!...Will they get 20 tracks too since their catalog is sooooooo big?

Here's some Outkast joints i think gotta be on it:

1.Southernplayalisticcadillacmuzik

2.Playa's Ball

3.Funky Ride

4.ATLiens

5.Elevators

6.Synthesizer

7.Da Art Of Storytellin Part I

8.Da Art Of Storytellin Part II

9. Spottieottie(DAMN...DAMN...DAMN... JAMES!)

10.Ms Jackson

"Being the nothing to someone who is your everything is a lot like being a trainer for a boxer. She's constantly fighting the world, thinkin' she's unloved and alone, not knowing the one with the greatest love and support has always been in her corner. You tell her to watch for the right hook, and she still gets pummeled by it. Sooner or later, you just wanna throw in the towel."--MANCHILDyoko

B2M I'm with you 10000000%. The Whole World HAS to make it!!!!!!!

Ca I get some love Stank Love?
The Groovement
coming soon......now filling staff. PM meBear witness to the

Player's Ball
Git Up, Git Out
ATLiens
Elevators
Mainstream
13th Floor/Growing Old
Return of the G
Rosa Parks
Aquemini
Da Art of Storytellin' Part 1
Spottieottiedopaliscious
B.O.B.

That was incredibly difficult. I made a preliminary list and had like 18 songs before getting to Stankonia.

How are we handling Speakerboxxx/Love below? Do those count as "Outkast" albums? Do both have to be on it to make it, or does any track credited to "Outkast" count?

Anywhoooo:

Wait... this is gonna take some time.

Okay. I am physically in pain from this process. I couldn't do less than this, I just COULDN'T!

Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik - Smooth, classic Outkast

Player's Ball (Original) - Again classic, but how many rap Christmas songs do you know? Good ones at least.

Jazzy Belle (Remix) - Lyrically on point. Introspective, plus when the beat drops out and they hit you with (Nasty @#%$) how did that not get nominated for best ad-lib?

Elevators (Me & You) - They really started to get some mainstream shine with this one. Isn't this the first time we saw Andre 3000 emerging? The turban was an omen of things to come.

Ova Da Wudz - Every line in this song is perfect.

Rosa Parks - Song, video synergy at it's finest.

Skew It on the Bar-B - This is like the collab of the century.

Da Art of Storytellin' (Part 2) - The introduction of Suzy Screw

SpottieOttieDopaliscious - You could prolly unite the world with this melody.

B.O.B. - Something like 400 bpm and they still made it cool. Didn't they "lift" the sound from popular brittish music at that time?

So Fresh, So Clean - I don't know a single person who doesn't sing this when they get out of a hot shower.

Red Velvet - Good song about handling your responsibilities. Sort of anti bling-bling.

Roses - This is where they are now, a good mix of their individual styles.

Neck Uv Da Woods - One double oh percent above the rest and Daddy Fat Sax you know that YEAH!!!

You ain't a N because you're black, you're a N cuz of how you act. - CeeLo Green
Submit a track to the NT Mixtape!!

From the Original Wu thread:

In an attempt to get all of the users of the music forum involved in a single thread, I thought of all these "Essential" type compliations that my parents buy for artists like Billy Joel and Elton John. They are basically "Best of" 2 disc albums for the given artist.

We'll keep a thread open for about a week before moving on to the next artist. We'll attempt to reach consensus as to what the top 20 songs by each artist/group. I'm thinking of making the single artist total only 15 songs as opposed to 20 for a group that will typically have solo artist songs included as well.

After the end of each thread, we will start a thread with an archive of each "Essential" tracklisting. That way, we can always refer to that thread should people say, "What are good song by 'Artist X'?" If some people want to contribute an "album cover" that would add some legitimacy to the archive thread.

We'll see how this works. Obviously we'll have to make some adjustments while we go though this and only allow one "Essential" thread in the forum at a time. I will also take suggestions as to what the next artist thread should be.

Also, when making justifications on what should or should not be included, try to word out your justifications as opposed to "Because I like it more." Why do you like it more? What about it makes it better (or worse) than another song?

So without further delay,

Essential Outkast
You ain't a N because you're black, you're a N cuz of how you act. - CeeLo Green
Submit a track to the NT Mixtape!!

see Bas, my rant was worth something after all :lol:
laugh.gif

in that case, let me add these 3 to make it 15:

Babylon- Andre's flow is always one of, if not the best, but he took it to another level on this song. the way he switches it up is just :wow:
eek.gif

2 Dope Boyz (In A Cadillac)- the beat is fresh as @#%$. GREETINGS EARTHLINGS. this song is just TOO ill.

Synthesizer- another over-looked song. great concept. the beat is funky and i love it. George Clinton was a perfect addition to the song. and Andre absolutely KILLS the last verse

Quote:
- another over-looked song. great concept. the beat is funky and i love it. George Clinton was a perfect addition to the song. and Andre absolutely KILLS the last verse

:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I love this song. I totally agree, Andre 3000 does KILL the last verse.

Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
Crumblin' Erb
Player's Ball (original version)
Git up Git Out
Ain't No Thang

From the music to the message "Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik" is a flawless album. Fresh beats, live instrumentation, and Andre & Big Boi at their rawest. Definately My favorite Outkast Album.

Skew It On The Bar-B ft. Raekwon - ^^^ "I gotta hit The Source, I need my other half a mic"
All 3 of these dudes killed the track Wu & Outkast? No question.

Elevators (Me and You) -
closeThread.gif

ATLiens - This tune has been my ringtone for years. The production is sick with the thick bassline progression, and then the drum loop that snaps right on. And nothing beats the rapping on this one...stacatto-like syncopation and excellent delivery.

A Life in the Day of Benjamin Andre (Incomplete) - I think this track gets overlooked because its at the end of The love Below. Even though its only Andre I think it deserves to be on the list. 5 minutes of vivid storytelling with no hooks or chorus, and that beat!!...Somewhat of an Outkast history lesson.

You'd dropped me off by the dungeon
Never came in, but I knew that you were wondering
Now are these n*ggaz in this house up to something
Selling crack sack by sacks so they could function?
Wa...we..well, yes and no
Yes we were selling it
But no it wasn't blow
Cook it in the basement then move it at a show
Then grab the microphone and everybody yelled ?"ho..."?

I can't even pick 15 so I'll leave it at that.

YO!
Quote:
i'll demand a recount if The Whole World makes the list. that's one of their weakest songs ever IMO. basically all 3 of the new tracks (or 4, i forget) that they added to the Greatest Hits were all sub-par by Kast's standards

A couple of you will be displeased with me. And as far as those 3 songs go, I loved them all. I just blasted Dre and Big Boi Presents the other day. "Movin' Cool" is the precursor to TLB. Ah well.
Quote:
Wa...we..well, yes and no
Yes we were selling it
But no it wasn't blow
Cook it in the basement then move it at a show
Then grab the microphone and everybody yelled ?"ho..."?

:smh:
nono.gif

And the dude ain't in the top 5? DF!!!
[/b]​

i'll demand a recount if The Whole World makes the list. that's one of their weakest songs ever IMO. basically all 3 of the new tracks (or 4, i forget) that they added to the Greatest Hits were all sub-par by Kast's standards

Back
Top Bottom