Niketalk, how many push ups & pull ups can you do?

I dont get how some of yall can do some many pull ups?? I start my back workout with pulls ups every day and I can maybe only do 10 perfect pulls...12 if i cheat... I weigh 225 so maybe thats why..How much do some of yall weigh that are doing like 20 or more pull ups??

I dont get how some of yall can do some many pull ups?? I start my back workout with pulls ups every day and I can maybe only do 10 perfect pulls...12 if i cheat... I weigh 225 so maybe thats why..How much do some of yall weigh that are doing like 20 or more pull ups??

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

I'm sure OP is talking about how many push ups can you do in one set. People on here talking about multiple sets
laugh.gif

This... these dudes going crazy with the science talk, lol.. I'm sure if I follow the link I posted I'll get too the 100 max..

Exactly, these dudes probably do 20 push ups, wait 5 mins and do another 20.  I can do about 60 push up's IN ONE SET and about 20 pull up's IN ONE SET.  And i was at about 40 in one set then started putting a 25 pound plate in a back pack and started doing sets of 20-25, now I can do about 60 in a row.

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

I'm sure OP is talking about how many push ups can you do in one set. People on here talking about multiple sets
laugh.gif

This... these dudes going crazy with the science talk, lol.. I'm sure if I follow the link I posted I'll get too the 100 max..

Exactly, these dudes probably do 20 push ups, wait 5 mins and do another 20.  I can do about 60 push up's IN ONE SET and about 20 pull up's IN ONE SET.  And i was at about 40 in one set then started putting a 25 pound plate in a back pack and started doing sets of 20-25, now I can do about 60 in a row.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

100 push ups is a def a lie especially if you are doing them correctly and slowly (squeezing the chest and stomach as you go up). I could do 100 if I'm doing them fast as hell.
laugh.gif

I can do around 50ish if you put me on the spot and I do them slowly, but I normally stick to sets of 40.

Pull ups (as a first set doing max) I can do about 20, but normally I'll do sets of 12.

100 push-ups is more realistic than 20 pull-ups. All the way down and chin over bar.
laugh.gif
Yea right!!!! Tagged video or BS. BS - I guarantee it

Neither are that far-fetched. I only do calisthenics and body-weight exercises, and I can do 20-25 chin-ups or pull-ups rather easily. 100 push-ups (if you're actually controlling your weight) is definitely harder.

Dudes get too caught up in #'s. Focus on your breathing and actually controlling your weight. Let go of that ego.
Exactly, its all about form, proper breathing, and holding if possible.....numbers do not mean anything.

...and I will not record another video. I had to record a vid cause someone didn't believe I could bench 135lbs 40 times and I posted it the next day.
grin.gif

I haven't done pull ups in 2 months and I am sure I could do 20 (if it is the first thing I do to start my workout). Normally I'll do sets of 12-15 depending on how I feel. I've been messing with sets of 6-8 corn cob pull ups recently.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

100 push ups is a def a lie especially if you are doing them correctly and slowly (squeezing the chest and stomach as you go up). I could do 100 if I'm doing them fast as hell.
laugh.gif

I can do around 50ish if you put me on the spot and I do them slowly, but I normally stick to sets of 40.

Pull ups (as a first set doing max) I can do about 20, but normally I'll do sets of 12.

100 push-ups is more realistic than 20 pull-ups. All the way down and chin over bar.
laugh.gif
Yea right!!!! Tagged video or BS. BS - I guarantee it

Neither are that far-fetched. I only do calisthenics and body-weight exercises, and I can do 20-25 chin-ups or pull-ups rather easily. 100 push-ups (if you're actually controlling your weight) is definitely harder.

Dudes get too caught up in #'s. Focus on your breathing and actually controlling your weight. Let go of that ego.
Exactly, its all about form, proper breathing, and holding if possible.....numbers do not mean anything.

...and I will not record another video. I had to record a vid cause someone didn't believe I could bench 135lbs 40 times and I posted it the next day.
grin.gif

I haven't done pull ups in 2 months and I am sure I could do 20 (if it is the first thing I do to start my workout). Normally I'll do sets of 12-15 depending on how I feel. I've been messing with sets of 6-8 corn cob pull ups recently.

Real talk, I got timed for 52 pushups in one minute, which is really not impressive, I can do between 12 and 15 palms facing away pullups, that sucks as well. I can do between 18-20 canted dips.

Real talk, I got timed for 52 pushups in one minute, which is really not impressive, I can do between 12 and 15 palms facing away pullups, that sucks as well. I can do between 18-20 canted dips.

i can do 100 but my form my suffer a lil bit....probably 85 good ones.

and I never really went to my max with pull ups so maybe 15-17.

6'1 180lbs.

i can do 100 but my form my suffer a lil bit....probably 85 good ones.

and I never really went to my max with pull ups so maybe 15-17.

6'1 180lbs.

Back
Top Bottom