Niketalk, I Come To You for Help vol. Show Me The Carfax

I'm looking at a vehicle right now, and the owner told me it has had a front end accident, so I'm trying to dig up a little more info about it, and other services and things this car has had. I was wondering if anyone on here would happen to have a free Carfax? All help is appreciated 
happy.gif
btw, the car is a 1999 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG.

i'd pass unless it was a very good price OP

you never want something with front end damage (a benz at that)

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

I agree with him. Unless its a priced well.

Originally Posted by AirThompson

I agree with him. Unless its a priced well.

Yea, it is priced really well, and it was apparently nothing significant as it still has its clean title, and it has relatively low miles

This.

Unless it was only bumper skin replacement due to a killer speedbump or somthing.  Most cars with front end damage are a serious pain to maintain, not to mention insurance is higher. 

Common problems associated with severe front end damage.

- Because the car has basically been "broken" and put back together again insurance companies view these cars as much more dangerous than a completley clean vehical.

- If the frame had to be pulled,the car will be much less structurally sound in the case of another collision.

- Paint problems - Alot of repaired cars will be returned to their owner before the paint has fully cured and the repaired area will weather much faster than the factory finish.

- Maintnance/routine repairs on a car that has been in a collision can be more tedious because the frame itself, brackets, and bolts can be just slightly askew. This might not seem like a big deal, but if you work on your cars yourself it will drive absolutley CRAZY. If you dont, you will be paying extra for shop time and sometimes these cars even need custom fabricated brackets to make sure everything fits.

pass on it. Those Benz repair costs are no joke esp on one that probably has some hidden problems

Originally Posted by dbailey86

pass on it. Those Benz repair costs are no joke esp on one that probably has some hidden problems

you may be right, but at the price i'm getting it, and the fact that I've grown up around Benzes I think this is a worthwhile investment. Plus having some hookups at Benz dealers/mechanic shops doesn't hurt either. 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom