Niketalk is this a good deal on a trade in vol 12k upside down on 15 Optima EX into a new 16 Sorento

Honestly I like Kias and I think they are of comparable quality to other cars in their class.

With all that being said you can't buy cars that depreciate that fast, before you buy any car you have to look at how much the 4 year old version of that car sells for unless you plan on keeping it for 7-8 years.

Why would you buy a more expensive vehicle when you're upside down on your current one? If you're going to get a different vehicle due to space, get a cheaper vehicle. There's plenty of small SUV's that aren't 35k.

Please don't trade up and get further in debt, just try to make bigger payments OP. Pay down the interest and eat at the principle amount.

:x at that depreciation though.

I honestly thought being 2k under water was hugelyyyy irresponsible. This makes me feel better

OP out here making threads about possibly committing insurance fraud when he says he can afford to have a $500 payment. Just stick it out and live with the depreciation. Never buy a new Kia ever again.

Congratulations.

You played yourself.
roll.gif

poor op he knows he dun goofed 

Why did you buy a Kia new? Did you not know it would depreciate 50% in a year?
I did not. I also thought I'd be getting 40mpg

Word, the BG commercials are awesome
I honestly thought being 2k under water was hugelyyyy irresponsible. This makes me feel better
2 is inevitable, you're generally more than 2 under driving off the lot unless you put down a huge down payment and took out a short, high payment loan. But yea I mean KIA's, sheesh, KBB shows no love. Anyways, I didn't get the Sorento or anything. I don't want to eat more than a 5k loss in equity, don't know when that point comes but maybe around then I'll trade it in. For now, I'll just deal. There's also always the possibility that "something" happens to my car on accident, but that's scary to think about. I don't want myself nor my family or anybody in another potential car to be hurt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom