NikeTalk New Era Fitted Cap Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im glad the money is going to charity. It makes the pill easier to swallow.

I would NEVER drop $100 on a hat, but I would donate $100 to a worthy charity, and get a NT hat as icing on the cake.

GL bidding everyone.

I'll donate to get a cap/fitted in return. Count me in :pimp:

Methodical Management Methodical Management It's probably too late now but on the next batch, can you try maybe add the " :pimp: " on the side of the cap? I'm sure I won't be the only one on board with this.

Last edited:
So wait NT hats are back but only as a Snap back....... -___-

So wait NT hats are back but only as a Snap back....... -___-
By far, snapbacks have been our most popular request, ever since the release of the original NikeTalk Fitted Caps in 2011.  You may be someone who prefers fitted caps, and that's great - we want to continue making them.  That said, we know there are a lot of people out there who prefer snapbacks for a variety of reasons.  It's a versatile product. 

It's also a simpler product to distribute, as it's one size fits most.  Originally, the plan was to use these as part of a contest/promotion, so fewer were made than the previous run of fitted caps.  

I expect that we will, at some point, develop another fitted cap - preferably the black/red M&N caps we showed off last year at NikeTalk Live. 
What kind of snapbacks are these?
They are New Era 9FIFTY snapbacks.

Im glad the money is going to charity. It makes the pill easier to swallow.

I would NEVER drop $100 on a hat, but I would donate $100 to a worthy charity, and get a NT hat as icing on the cake.

GL bidding everyone.
The proceeds from all our hat sales have gone to charity.  (Children's Defense Fund in 2011 and the Equal Justice Initiative in 2014.)

The difference this time is that, while previously we allowed Cap City to recoup the production and shipping costs of the hats, this smaller production run was funded in-house and we will not seek reimbursement.  The current plan is to have the shipping expenses for those eBay auctions cross-subsidized by other sales, allowing the maximum possible amount from each eBay auction to benefit charity.  (I'd say 100%, as I'm told both eBay listing fees and PayPal fees are waived for charity auctions, but I'm not yet certain if any standard credit card transaction fees apply on the back end.) 

The current plan is to list a few at a time via auction, but, because we know not everyone can afford to compete in those, we are also considering setting some aside for a "first come, first served" sale on Instyleshoes.com.  

The e-commerce system ISS uses is, I've been promised, up to the task and should not suffer the same sort of downtime and checkout issues that we've unfortunately experienced in our two prior releases.  

We'll have more information next week.

By far, snapbacks have been our most popular request, ever since the release of the original NikeTalk Fitted Caps in 2011.  You may be someone who prefers fitted caps, and that's great - we want to continue making them.  That said, we know there are a lot of people out there who prefer snapbacks for a variety of reasons.  It's a versatile product. 

It's also a simpler product to distribute, as it's one size fits most.  Originally, the plan was to use these as part of a contest/promotion, so fewer were made than the previous run of fitted caps.  

I expect that we will, at some point, develop another fitted cap - preferably the black/red M&N caps we showed off last year at NikeTalk Live. 
Can't wait! Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if this has been asked already, but what's the production numbers looking like?..

^ Saw your post and thought it was up and ready
laugh.gif
Last time, I had to hedge and say I expected the first auction(s) to go up on Monday or Tuesday, so I didn't want to leave people hanging once it was confirmed that the announcement and initial opportunity will happen tonight - likely in a couple of hours.  

Everyone's been really patient.  The last thing I want to do is waste the time of those who are eagerly awaiting these hats. 

As mentioned earlier, the broader "FCFS" release will not take place until after the auctions are over.  So, nobody has to rush home for this.  

We'll give people as much lead time as we can on that. 

Are these hats High Crown?

Snapback high crowns are too high
my main concern, especially since it's NE.
These are 9FIFTY New Era snapbacks.  The best way to tell is just to stop by a store that sells that model and check them out for yourself. 

In comparison, the shape is almost identical to our previous New Era Fitted Caps.  The concept for this was basically to recreate that hat as a snapback, and that's what we've done. 

The Mitchell & Ness snapback samples had the high crown.  These do not. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom