*~*~Niketalk x South By Southwest 2011. March 19, 2011. Need a list of those attending!!!~*~*

TheHype wrote:

I'm in there

N_s talkin' bout Spring Break in Miami but this is what I'm markin' my calender for...

It's not a bad decision at all to come to SXSW on yourSpring Break. All you'll really be needing to pay for is flight and hotelbecause you can drink/eat for free every single day of SXSW.

Check this list of all the free parties that went on duringSXSW 2010:http://www.austin360.com/...fficial-sxsw-165920.htmlThese are only free events that had food/liquor, so the amount of free musicshowcases going on is even crazier.

Just as a fans of the music you can catch shows from almostevery single artist you would want to see (most shows are free, but some willrun $10-20). Even if a certain artist is on a paid showcase you can bet thatsome time during the weekend they will be on another showcase for free. You'llpretty much get the money off your flight/hotel back if you add up how much itwould cost to see all these showcases outside of SXSW. 

Especially for the artists and/or people that work in theindustry it's worth the trip just for the networking.

These are some of the showcases that are from the last 2years:

the-smokers-club.jpg

eli_nue_flyer2b.jpg

GOP2010-TSS_575.jpg

respect_the_west-sxsw-lg.jpg

TSS-x-Burn-Rubber-sxsw-flyer-hustlepalooza-600-540x793.jpg

This isn't even including events like Fader Fort which inthe past 2 years have had everyone from G.O.O.D. Music except John Legend in'09, Bun B, Jadakiss & Styles, Nas & Damian Marley, Yelawolf, and BoneThugs n Harmony (there's a lot that I'm forgetting).

TheHype wrote:

I'm in there

N_s talkin' bout Spring Break in Miami but this is what I'm markin' my calender for...

It's not a bad decision at all to come to SXSW on yourSpring Break. All you'll really be needing to pay for is flight and hotelbecause you can drink/eat for free every single day of SXSW.

Check this list of all the free parties that went on duringSXSW 2010:http://www.austin360.com/...fficial-sxsw-165920.htmlThese are only free events that had food/liquor, so the amount of free musicshowcases going on is even crazier.

Just as a fans of the music you can catch shows from almostevery single artist you would want to see (most shows are free, but some willrun $10-20). Even if a certain artist is on a paid showcase you can bet thatsome time during the weekend they will be on another showcase for free. You'llpretty much get the money off your flight/hotel back if you add up how much itwould cost to see all these showcases outside of SXSW. 

Especially for the artists and/or people that work in theindustry it's worth the trip just for the networking.

These are some of the showcases that are from the last 2years:

the-smokers-club.jpg

eli_nue_flyer2b.jpg

GOP2010-TSS_575.jpg

respect_the_west-sxsw-lg.jpg

TSS-x-Burn-Rubber-sxsw-flyer-hustlepalooza-600-540x793.jpg

This isn't even including events like Fader Fort which inthe past 2 years have had everyone from G.O.O.D. Music except John Legend in'09, Bun B, Jadakiss & Styles, Nas & Damian Marley, Yelawolf, and BoneThugs n Harmony (there's a lot that I'm forgetting).

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Originally Posted by TheHype

I'm in there.

N_s talkin' bout Spring Break in Miami but this is what I'm markin' my calender for...
laugh.gif
This. 

Ns had the audacity to get mad that I said I wasn't going in a comment I made on Twitter. If it pops, it pops but that "sexy drink" %$@% for a week is corny IMO.

i agree

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Originally Posted by TheHype

I'm in there.

N_s talkin' bout Spring Break in Miami but this is what I'm markin' my calender for...
laugh.gif
This. 

Ns had the audacity to get mad that I said I wasn't going in a comment I made on Twitter. If it pops, it pops but that "sexy drink" %$@% for a week is corny IMO.

i agree

Thanks ciph4

The number one reason why I always missed SxSW is because my school's Spring Break be like ONE WEEK earlier than everyone else's.

30t6p3b.gif

Thanks ciph4

The number one reason why I always missed SxSW is because my school's Spring Break be like ONE WEEK earlier than everyone else's.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ciph4

SXSW = South by Southwest
and[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] ElijahBrohammed, most of those girls will be out of Austin because UT's Spring Break is the same week as SXSW.. but there'll be plenty of [/font]
smokin.gif
 looking girls either way.

that was me that said it, i was being sarcastic
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ciph4

SXSW = South by Southwest
and[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] ElijahBrohammed, most of those girls will be out of Austin because UT's Spring Break is the same week as SXSW.. but there'll be plenty of [/font]
smokin.gif
 looking girls either way.

that was me that said it, i was being sarcastic
roll.gif

I've wanted to make it out there the past couple of years but I think 2011 SXSW will be my Spring Break destination
pimp.gif

I've wanted to make it out there the past couple of years but I think 2011 SXSW will be my Spring Break destination
pimp.gif

Big look. Props to everyone involved. I was in Austin last week and was thinking I should do SXSW at least once, and this year may happen to be it.

Good !%@%.

Big look. Props to everyone involved. I was in Austin last week and was thinking I should do SXSW at least once, and this year may happen to be it.

Good !%@%.

Back
Top Bottom