*~*~Niketalk x South By Southwest 2011. March 19, 2011. Need a list of those attending!!!~*~*

Interesting to see the NT presence that will be at SXSW. I've been going since '03, and this spring I'm actually working for them, not volunteering during the event neither, actual work. I ain't nobody though, so I def can't hook anybody up. My advice: I know some of yall have looked into it, but get in on a house on the east side; look on craigslist. Yall are late on housing, get that done ASAP if you havent already.

I'm gonna guess almost all of ya'll don't need a badge. Unless you are dead serious about a networking hustle, it's probably not worth the money. Especially for the music part, badges are for executives, smaller label owners, and corporate media. If you want some contact info, the SXSW big book is always obtainable, and trust these dudes will be super busy during the event anyway. That's my 2 cents. The badge that might be worth it is an Interactive badge. SXSW will always have a music focus, but it is becoming more important to developers than to the music industry. I saw a couple people in here thinkin about a badge...

If ya'll are really worried about getting into official shows, you can always get a wristband. Hit up southbywristbands.com in the near future, they'll also have some hotels farther out available. There's so much free music of all genres, free food and booze, it's not necessary to buy a badge or wristband though. Wristband info used to go out regular on the third thursday in Feb with the Chronicle issue, but SXSW has been playing it cool lately.

Everybody that makes it, enjoy Austin, eat a Best Wurst, drink Lone Star. Kinda lame that working SXSW means you don't actually get to enjoy any of the music.

PJ and Bompton - I'm also helping set up some unofficial shows, I need to hit you up. Anybody on here looking to get booked for an unofficial show, shoot me a pm, I'm helping with the UT radio station shows.

Sorry for writing all that. SXSW is the best week of the year!

Interesting to see the NT presence that will be at SXSW. I've been going since '03, and this spring I'm actually working for them, not volunteering during the event neither, actual work. I ain't nobody though, so I def can't hook anybody up. My advice: I know some of yall have looked into it, but get in on a house on the east side; look on craigslist. Yall are late on housing, get that done ASAP if you havent already.

I'm gonna guess almost all of ya'll don't need a badge. Unless you are dead serious about a networking hustle, it's probably not worth the money. Especially for the music part, badges are for executives, smaller label owners, and corporate media. If you want some contact info, the SXSW big book is always obtainable, and trust these dudes will be super busy during the event anyway. That's my 2 cents. The badge that might be worth it is an Interactive badge. SXSW will always have a music focus, but it is becoming more important to developers than to the music industry. I saw a couple people in here thinkin about a badge...

If ya'll are really worried about getting into official shows, you can always get a wristband. Hit up southbywristbands.com in the near future, they'll also have some hotels farther out available. There's so much free music of all genres, free food and booze, it's not necessary to buy a badge or wristband though. Wristband info used to go out regular on the third thursday in Feb with the Chronicle issue, but SXSW has been playing it cool lately.

Everybody that makes it, enjoy Austin, eat a Best Wurst, drink Lone Star. Kinda lame that working SXSW means you don't actually get to enjoy any of the music.

PJ and Bompton - I'm also helping set up some unofficial shows, I need to hit you up. Anybody on here looking to get booked for an unofficial show, shoot me a pm, I'm helping with the UT radio station shows.

can yall sneak me in the show?
laugh.gif
can I do one song to open up for everyone? =)

Originally Posted by The Rising Suun

tylerdissidENT at gmail.com hit me! look forward to choppin it up. and if you can get anyone playing this showcase an extra gig or two that would be dope!

Originally Posted by The Rising Suun

tylerdissidENT at gmail.com hit me! look forward to choppin it up. and if you can get anyone playing this showcase an extra gig or two that would be dope!

I will see what my schedule holds and try to be out there I want to go so bad since I missed last year.

I will see what my schedule holds and try to be out there I want to go so bad since I missed last year.

Back
Top Bottom