• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wasn't able to get it in launch day so got it when GameStop restocked on Black Friday.

Miiverse is one of the main highlights aside from the gamepad which works awesomely.
I didn't think I'd be having as much fun as I've been having with NintendoLand but I was surprised.

The browser on this thing is amazing, YouTube on the browser runs better than the app itself.

The system updates were a bit frustrating since you have to do an update whenever you first boot a program ( even though I think you get the option to skip it, since one of the options said launch software while the update was loading) but it was worth it to get all the online functions.

From IGN

Nintendo has revealed that 400,000 Wii U consoles were sold during the system’s first week on sale. In an interview with CNET, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime revealed the figure, also noting that 300,000 Wii consoles were sold in the same week.

"Wii U is essentially sold out of retail and we are doing our best to continually replenish stock," Fils-Aime said. "Retailers are also doing their best to get the product to store shelves. But as soon as product hits retail, they're selling out immediately."

Nintendo also had a good week for handheld sales, with Fils-Aime noting 3DS and DS sales of 250,000 and 275,000 respectively. Fils-Aime said the 3DS “continues on record-setting pace,” reiterating last week’s announcement that more than 6 million 3DS systems have been sold thus far.

By comparison, the original Wii sold 600,000 units during its first 8 days on sale back in 2006.

It prints money.

Last edited:
I played the wii u over thanksgiving. It's good with several people. We had fun. I don't see myself buying one tho.

this is gonna flop big time!!

Based on what exactly? The system is selling great and has only been out for 10 days... LMAO

i just dont understand nintendo moves so far from a business standpoint. they said they want to expand their audience and get a more diverse gaming audience...yet all their commercials have been the same, and been generally geared to the kid/family experience. They have always done this. How are they expecting to attract new ppl, when most of the games out are kid/family/ easy to pick up and play games... and all of the commercial display this as well..i doubt it will flop simply because its nintendo. But wiiu def. should have been the o.g. wii. It honestly doesnt even feel like a new system. It kinda reminds me of sega genesis when they added the 32X and sega cd megadrive.. to try to i guess be on par with everyone else since they had 32bit systems.

It makes sense when you look at it in context. "Hardcore" gamers do not drive the market, casual gamers do. In fact, development studios went out of business because they solely developed games for the 360 and PS3. "Hardcore" gamers are all about the games and if the best games are on a system they will buy that system. Point. Blank. Period.

For example, "hardcore" gamers would have you believe that the original Wii was not successful because of lack of good games. When in essence it was the most popular system of the last generation selling over 97 million units. So you have to ask yourself, 'Why would the Wii not get the best games if he system was so popular?" The answer is simple. The system lacked the ability to produce HD graphics and developers didn't want want to spend the extra money to develop an optimized version for the Wii.

So what Nintendo decided to do with the Wii U is merge the casual appeal with hardcore hardware and came up with the Wii U. Nintendo is smart and they are not going to abandon that casual gaming market and risk losing that cash cow revenue. The solution is to market your product to the casual crowd while providing hardware that will allow 3rd part developers to put out the best games on your system.

But you may think that the Wii U is not a big leap from the last generation.That remains to be seen. As we all know the system is 10 days old and has had a lot of multiplats from various developers. Graphically most games are on par with the current gen and others are more detailed. But the same was said for the Xbox 360 when it first launched.

The truth of the matter is that the system is more powerful the the current gen systems. Once developers get more familiar with the hardware prettier games will come out.

Based on what exactly? The system is selling great and has only been out for 10 days... LMAO
It makes sense when you look at it in context. "Hardcore" gamers do not drive the market, casual gamers do. In fact, development studios went out of business because they solely developed games for the 360 and PS3. "Hardcore" gamers are all about the games and if the best games are on a system they will buy that system. Point. Blank. Period.
For example, "hardcore" gamers would have you believe that the original Wii was not successful because of lack of good games. When in essence it was the most popular system of the last generation selling over 97 million units. So you have to ask yourself, 'Why would the Wii not get the best games if he system was so popular?" The answer is simple. The system lacked the ability to produce HD graphics and developers didn't want want to spend the extra money to develop an optimized version for the Wii.
So what Nintendo decided to do with the Wii U is merge the casual appeal with hardcore hardware and came up with the Wii U. Nintendo is smart and they are not going to abandon that casual gaming market and risk losing that cash cow revenue. The solution is to market your product to the casual crowd while providing hardware that will allow 3rd part developers to put out the best games on your system.
But you may think that the Wii U is not a big leap from the last generation.That remains to be seen. As we all know the system is 10 days old and has had a lot of multiplats from various developers. Graphically most games are on par with the current gen and others are more detailed. But the same was said for the Xbox 360 when it first launched.
The truth of the matter is that the system is more powerful the the current gen systems. Once developers get more familiar with the hardware prettier games will come out.
Yea i get what your saying and i agree... and they can not even try to cater so called hardcore gamers... cause at the end of the day they are more successfull in terms of sales and longevity then any videogaming company. Its just its like they are saying one thing and not really doing it. I havent really seen any games that scream... HEY ALL YOU RPG, WAR GAMES,FIGHTING GAMES, GRAND THEFT TYPE GAME, AND FIRST PERSON SHOOTER FANS" we got you. We make the games you want. Come buy our system. But true it is early and we havent seen a plethra of games. But based off the list ive seen up till like spring 13, it looks like few and far between and most are port overs.

I will say after seeing some of the games first hand and comparison game for game.. Wii U graphics does ish on 360 easy.... and its a clear difference between the ps3... not to mention lack of the load times etc on same said games. And the internet is pretty nice. One thing that wouldve just placed them over the top is if the control pad could be used separate.. ala like a ipad, and had lil mini games you could play that coincide with the home versions...and could stream tv etc... ala like a slingbox. That wouldve pretty much shut the game down.

I got my hands on one of these for my little bro. What launch day titles besides Super Mario Bros dont suck?

Cant wait for 1080P Zelda my body is ready

It depends on your tastes and what games you currently have because a lot of games are currently on other consoles. IGN has a list of games for the Wii U with there respective reviews. With that said, I'd recommend ZombiU if you're a fan of old school survivor horror, and Trine 2 from the eShop. Assasins Creed III and Balck Ops 2 also run great on the Wii U.
http://www.ign.com/games/reviews/wii-u

Upcoming Wii U games

List of games
---------------------
1-Batman Arkham City
2-Darksiders 2
3-The Amazing Spider-Man
4-Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
5-Ninja Gaiden 3
6-Dragon Quest X
7-Tank Tank Tank
8-Funky Barn
9-Pinball Arcade
10-Puddle
11-Little Inferno
12-Chasing Aurora
13-Mighty Switch Force! HD
14-Sacrilegium
15-Karateka
16-Runner 2
17-Cloudberry Kingdom
18-1001 Spikes
19-8bitboy
20-Mutant Mudds Deluxe
21-Toki Tori 2
22-Two Brothers
23-The Cave
24-Nano Assault Neo
25-Trine 2: Director's Cut
26-Ghost Recon Online
27-Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013
28-Skylanders Giants
29-Transformers Prime
30-Marvel Avengers
31-Just Dance 4
32-Madden 13
33-Fifa 13
34-NBA 2k13
35-Sonic All-Star Racing
36-Need For Speed: Most Wanted
37-Project Cars
38-Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12
39-Warriors OROCHI 3 HYPER
40-Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2
41-Injustice: Gods Among Men
42-Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
43-Assassin's Creed 3
44-007 Legends
45-Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
46-Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
47-Aliens: Colonial Marines
48-Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
49-Scribblenauts Unlimited
50-Rabbids Land
51-Sports Connection
52-Wii Fit U
53-Game & Wario
54-Nintendo Land
55-New Super Mario Bros. U
56-Lego City Undercover
57-Pikmin 3
58-Rayman Legends
59-The Wonderful 101
60-ZombiU
61-Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
62-Bayonetta 2

Other games not included in the video:
Super Smash Bros. :pimp:
Sing Party
Splinter Cell: Blacklist (rumour)
Game Party Champions
Rise of the Guardians
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013
Zumba Fitness Core
Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs
Ben 10 Omniverse

Currently Reggie Fils-Aime is in talks with Rockstar Games to get Grand Theft Auto V on the Wii U as well...

I'm glad someone understands that the reason Wii U's graphics arent a huge leap is because the system is fresh and alot of them are lazy ports that werent optimized for the new system.

If you want to see a beautiful game for Wii U the look at Trine 2 and Nano Assault Neo and those are launch games on the Eshop.

I really do hope Reggie can find a way to get Rockstar to also launch GTA on the U.
Another game I hope makes it to Wii U is Watch Dogs, with the way you can use the gamepad it only makes sense.

Yea i get what your saying and i agree... and they can not even try to cater so called hardcore gamers... cause at the end of the day they are more successfull in terms of sales and longevity then any videogaming company. Its just its like they are saying one thing and not really doing it. I havent really seen any games that scream... HEY ALL YOU RPG, WAR GAMES,FIGHTING GAMES, GRAND THEFT TYPE GAME, AND FIRST PERSON SHOOTER FANS" we got you. We make the games you want. Come buy our system. But true it is early and we havent seen a plethra of games. But based off the list ive seen up till like spring 13, it looks like few and far between and most are port overs.

I will say after seeing some of the games first hand and comparison game for game.. Wii U graphics does ish on 360 easy.... and its a clear difference between the ps3... not to mention lack of the load times etc on same said games. And the internet is pretty nice. One thing that wouldve just placed them over the top is if the control pad could be used separate.. ala like a ipad, and had lil mini games you could play that coincide with the home versions...and could stream tv etc... ala like a slingbox. That wouldve pretty much shut the game down.

And I do agree that the Wii U does need that next killer App that puts all the hardcore gamers in a fanboy frenzy. Its safe to say that if Rockstar decides to port Grand Theft Auto V for the Wii U with better graphics and a gamepad interface, it will be a huge plus for the Wii U in their eyes. We'll just have to wait and see :nerd:

The iPad interface idea is great, BUT I'm pretty sure that would have made prices skyrocket for the system. People were already complaining about paying $350 for the deluxe version. I can almost garauntee the folks at Nintendo originally intended the Wii U to meet that vision, but real world feasibility became a factor in development. Hardware costs for such a tablet gaming console will be dirt cheap next generation and I would bet that is where the market will go if the Wii U is a success.

I'm glad someone understands that the reason Wii U's graphics arent a huge leap is because the system is fresh and alot of them are lazy ports that werent optimized for the new system.
If you want to see a beautiful game for Wii U the look at Trine 2 and Nano Assault Neo and those are launch games on the Eshop.
I really do hope Reggie can find a way to get Rockstar to also launch GTA on the U.
Another game I hope makes it to Wii U is Watch Dogs, with the way you can use the gamepad it only makes sense.

Not to mention the close relationship Nintendo and Ubisoft are sharing lately. With the early success of ZombiU, I would think its a no brainer.

And I do agree that the Wii U does need that next killer App that puts all the hardcore gamers in a fanboy frenzy. Its safe to say that if Rockstar decides to port Grand Theft Auto V for the Wii U with better graphics and a gamepad interface, it will be a huge plus for the Wii U in their eyes. We'll just have to wait and see
nerd.gif

The iPad interface idea is great, BUT I'm pretty sure that would have made prices skyrocket for the system. People were already complaining about paying $350 for the deluxe version. I can almost garauntee the folks at Nintendo originally intended the Wii U to meet that vision, but real world feasibility became a factor in development. Hardware costs for such a tablet gaming console will be dirt cheap next generation and I would bet that is where the market will go if the Wii U is a success.
I remember them saying just what you said in terms of the game pad... they also before hand said that doing this and also releasing the 3ds They originally where schedule around the same time... said it could possibly be conterintuitive. And one product would hurt the says of the other. But and im just a lowly small time business owner, i think it couldve worked and they could have both coexist. It would be like mac saying we cant make a apple version of microsoft surface and continue the ipad because they would hurt each other sales.

I think nintendo could have pulled it off. It wouldve truly be revoluntionary. A game system with a interactive tablet esp... if it had an os system and could do functioning like a traditional tablet, and yet also be used as a gamepad and a portable transfer of the game (kinda like it does now, but mobility instead of the 25 foot limit) It could be done if streamed via online. I do it all the time with my pc and ipad/iphone/laptop with movies tv shows files music. Id gladly pay 500 or so even more. Cause it would be worth it. A game system and a functioning tablet all together. It truly would be something.. a centerpiece if u will.

Imagine playing a game having to pause it, leave with said gamepad tablet, use it at work etc... for work purposes. then while on lunchbreak pick back up on said game. Then come home and continue it on the tv. Be able to pause to transfer some files to the boss he needs etc while in your living room. Then unpause and back to the game.

im not saying its going to flop, but not a good look when 360 sold more than 750,000 consoles in the U.S. alone. While the wiiu sold 400,000.
not true xbox sold 326,000 in its first month upon release. wiiu sold 400,000 in a shorten week and a lil over 300,000 last week. And the old wii worldwide sales are at 98.6 million with 360 in second at 64 million. Not to mention black friday this holiday saw a huge increase in the og wii in sales... outselling 360 and ps3.

So i really cant see how the new one will flop considering the fact this holiday the old one outsold the 360/ps3,when they havent really been pushing games the last year or so, adding nothing new, and come xmas time outsell a system on sale after being on sale and them throwing in all kinda specials. 

Sure it's a hot commodity now, but when people find out the Wii U is more of the same....it'll be interesting.

Sure it's a hot commodity now, but when people find out the Wii U is more of the same....it'll be interesting.
this was said about the og wii yet 98.5 million units later..... and if sitting on close to 100 milly is a commodity then what is the 64 million units 360 sold means? Not to mention that the og wii saw a 500,000 units increase in sales this black friday outselling the 360 and ps3 almost combined... despite the lack of games comming out etc, and despite of many recent and good titles comming from 360 and ps3.

lettuce be cereal, this system doesn't nearly have the hype of the og wii or even gamecube. i strongly believe that nintendo could lose ground in the console race, and lag behind ps/xbox. with that said, it could be interesting how it plays out. big name games are ps/xbox and idk anyone who uses a wii. the next gen fron sony and microsoft will be hardware powerhouses and developers are going to want to make the next blockbuster on those systems that can run it as opposed to nintendo's bs.

can't say the u will flop. but i never heard of long lines of people hundreds deep that you saw for ps2/3, wii, for this wii u. nintendo went downhill after cube.

lettuce be cereal, this system doesn't nearly have the hype of the og wii or even gamecube. i strongly believe that nintendo could lose ground in the console race, and lag behind ps/xbox. with that said, it could be interesting how it plays out. big name games are ps/xbox and idk anyone who uses a wii. the next gen fron sony and microsoft will be hardware powerhouses and developers are going to want to make the next blockbuster on those systems that can run it as opposed to nintendo's bs.
can't say the u will flop. but i never heard of long lines of people hundreds deep that you saw for ps2/3, wii, for this wii u. nintendo went downhill after cube.
as oppose to the 360/ps3 being powerhouses over the wii. Same thing potentially, yet the og wii has sold almost more then the 360/ps3 has combined. And how has nintendo went down hill when the wii outsold the gamecube... matter fact gamecube was and i believe the worst selling console produced by nintendo. So how has it went downhill from the worst selling console to wii being one of its best selling consoles? When you look at it in terms of sales etc... gamecube was its dark moment/downfall. As far as these major 3rd party players in the mix. 1 most of them are already on board and making games for wiiu, 2nd many of them didnt make games for wii yet it still outsold and currently outsells the ps3 2folds and is ahead by close to 40 million units of its 2nd runner up the 360.

If you mean nintendo went downhill in terms of quality of games, thats subjective to opinion. In terms of sales... it says otherwise. As many have stated in the grand scheme of it all these so called "hardcore gamers" make up a very small % of the buying world. Look at for example angry birds... it isnt some technical powerhouse in terms of graphic quality, details, complexity etc... in comparison to other mobile games...yet sales wise is there any game even remotely close to doing what angry birds franchise has done? Do i prefer games like a c.o.d etc... halo, gta so on and so forth? Depends on mood, but in terms of overall and based on sales... ppl at large prefer a new mario over a new black ops.

Its so much wrong with this post where to begin...

First of all you say the Wii U didn't have the hype of the GameCube or the Wii... I'll give you the Wii, BUT the Gamecube???? Are you kidding me. The Gamecube was the worse selliing Nintendo home console and was swallowed up by the PS2's hype. That does not mean it wasn't a decent system, but the PS2 absolutely killed the Gamecube in terms of hype and systems sold.

Nintendo went downhill after Gamecube??? This statement makes absolutely no sense and 98.5 million systems sold by the Wii proves that. In terms of popularity and the money it made, the original Wii was a huge improvement over the Gamecube.

Then you say that Nintendo may lose ground to Xbox/PS. This is something that is yet to be seen because the next installments of the next consoles have not launched. But after selling over 700,000 units after 11 days of being released I would say that's a pretty decent launch. Don't forget it hasn't even released globally yet. In fact the Wii U has outperformed the PS3 and XBox360 in terms of launch numbers in the US. To expect Nintendo to strike lighting in a bottle twice and match the original Wii's initial success was a lot to ask for, but it's still a great start.

To assume developers will automatically chose to develop for the next PS3 and Xbox may not be a sure bet. The last generation we saw that 3rd party developers chose to focus primarily on the XBox360 and port games to the PS3. The result of that were games that looked better on the Xbox360 even though the PS3 had the superior hardware. The Xbox 360 was the first system to launch last system giving developers time to learn the hardware. This time the Wii U is first to market.

Black Ops 2 Gamepad Feature

Last edited:
The Wii U should be fine for the moment. The system is faster at least GPU wise than PS3/360 by Miles. I can dont know about CPU thats up in the air. The thing is high much more powerful the 360 and PS3 will be.

The Wii sold alot of games and alot of consoles. The Wii U if nintendo does it right will be fine.

I work at a Target. We are getting Wii Us atleast twice a week and they sell. There was one Basic in the case when I left work but that was after I saw 8 Wii U sell in my 6 hour shift. The online will start up really when Europe and more get the system plus when the ones that are for Christmas are opened. On Dec. 25 Call of Duty Black ops 2 Wii U will blow up

Last edited:
not true xbox sold 326,000 in its first month upon release. wiiu sold 400,000 in a shorten week and a lil over 300,000 last week. And the old wii worldwide sales are at 98.6 million with 360 in second at 64 million. Not to mention black friday this holiday saw a huge increase in the og wii in sales... outselling 360 and ps3.

So i really cant see how the new one will flop considering the fact this holiday the old one outsold the 360/ps3,when they havent really been pushing games the last year or so, adding nothing new, and come xmas time outsell a system on sale after being on sale and them throwing in all kinda specials. 

as oppose to the 360/ps3 being powerhouses over the wii. Same thing potentially, yet the og wii has sold almost more then the 360/ps3 has combined. And how has nintendo went down hill when the wii outsold the gamecube... matter fact gamecube was and i believe the worst selling console produced by nintendo. So how has it went downhill from the worst selling console to wii being one of its best selling consoles? When you look at it in terms of sales etc... gamecube was its dark moment/downfall. As far as these major 3rd party players in the mix. 1 most of them are already on board and making games for wiiu, 2nd many of them didnt make games for wii yet it still outsold and currently outsells the ps3 2folds and is ahead by close to 40 million units of its 2nd runner up the 360.

If you mean nintendo went downhill in terms of quality of games, thats subjective to opinion. In terms of sales... it says otherwise. As many have stated in the grand scheme of it all these so called "hardcore gamers" make up a very small % of the buying world. Look at for example angry birds... it isnt some technical powerhouse in terms of graphic quality, details, complexity etc... in comparison to other mobile games...yet sales wise is there any game even remotely close to doing what angry birds franchise has done? Do i prefer games like a c.o.d etc... halo, gta so on and so forth? Depends on mood, but in terms of overall and based on sales... ppl at large prefer a new mario over a new black ops.

Where are you getting your stats from?

PS3 and 360 have both crossed 70 million sales before the holiday season so the wii is not even close to having their combined sales and the 360 did 750K on black friday alone so it sold more than the wii and wii-u put together.

As for third party support, I won't be surprised if it's the same situation next gen. Wii-U ports of third party games are not even running as well as their 360/PS3 counterparts so don't expect downports from the next PS4/nextbox and a lot of the third party games releasing next year don't even have wii-u versions confirmed.

IMO they cut way to many corners with the wii-u. They could have had a one up on sony and microsoft since they were releasing early but they dropped the ball in so many ways. I'm not saying it won't be successful since I can't predict the future but we'll see. You can't judge by current sales as sales will always be high at this time of year. January and Febuary will be the time to see if it can do what it's predecessor did in the US. As for Japan it's got Dragon quest and Monster Hunter so it should be a hit there but still they seem to prefer there handhelds these days.

The Wii U should be fine for the moment. The system is faster at least GPU wise than PS3/360 by Miles. I can dont know about CPU thats up in the air. The thing is high much more powerful the 360 and PS3 will be.
The Wii sold alot of games and alot of consoles. The Wii U if nintendo does it right will be fine.
I work at a Target. We are getting Wii Us atleast twice a week and they sell. There was one Basic in the case when I left work but that was after I saw 8 Wii U sell in my 6 hour shift. The online will start up really when Europe and more get the system plus when the ones that are for Christmas are opened. On Dec. 25 Call of Duty Black ops 2 Wii U will blow up

The CPU has been confirmed by a former Wii Hacker.

https://twitter.com/marcan42

To compare

Wii U
CPU: 1.2GHz tri-core
Memory: 2 GB
Memory bandwidth: 12.8 GB/s
GPU core: 550MHz

Xbox 360
CPU: 3.2GHz tri-core
Memory: 512 MB
Memory bandwidth: 22.4 GB/s
GPU core: 500MHz

PS3
CPU: 3.2GHz single core + 6 SPUs
Memory: 256 MB + 256 MB
Memory bandwidth: 25.6 GB/s
GPU Core: 550MHz

Last edited:
this was said about the og wii yet 98.5 million units later..... and if sitting on close to 100 milly is a commodity then what is the 64 million units 360 sold means? Not to mention that the og wii saw a 500,000 units increase in sales this black friday outselling the 360 and ps3 almost combined... despite the lack of games comming out etc, and despite of many recent and good titles comming from 360 and ps3.

Lol that response haha, "that's the same thing they said about the og wii"?
This is the second time around guy. There is no this is what they said last time because last time no one expected elderly to play it along with a ton of "casual gamers" *shudder*. But these same people don't understand specs or frankly don't care. This is where the casual person looks at the Wii U, realizes it's the same song and dance with a quasi tablet bundled with it, and says "I'm not going to pay Three Hundred Dollars just for the tablet piece". Know why? Because they're casual. It's a one trick pony with a new coat and a touch screen saddle. The U isn't going to change the landscape like the Wii did.

Informed video game enthusiasts who are free of the chains I call nostalgia won't bother with this. Nintendo is so funny, the console is released but they're still trying to hide specs? C'mon, it took a dedicated enthusiast to HACK the console for specs that the company would not produce for us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom