*** No more unlimited Data plan for AT&T Phones ***

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Just checked my data usage during the past 6 months and the most I've ever used was 512mb. I think I'm good with this one.

Exactly over 90% of users this will reduce they bill by half. I notice a few vzn/tmo/sprint user like haha i get unlimited this and that but honestly its u thats getting ripped cause u arent even using a 5th of what u r paying 4. But thats just ppl in general i got more of this and that then u do, yea i dont use it and never will but ah ha ha i have it.

Same with the thread about ppl saying evo 4G is better cause it processes speeds faster, um thats cool but over 98% arent even in a market that has 4G and by the time it becomes available the phone will be old and outdated, but hey i guess its so so cool to have overkill on something that is useless just to be out the norm or feel special.

I just checked on my phone and it looks like since the last time I restored it (around 3 months ago) I've used around 2gb of data? That doesn't seem right

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

I just checked on my phone and it looks like since the last time I restored it (around 3 months ago) I've used around 2gb of data? That doesn't seem right

It is right though. You use much less than you believe you do. 

So if I upgrade to the next gen iPhone. (currently using 3GS.) I get to keep my 30 dollar unlimited data plan? Because 2gb is not enough for me. I use in between 3-5 gigs a month since no wifi at work.

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

So if I upgrade to the next gen iPhone. (currently using 3GS.) I get to keep my 30 dollar unlimited data plan? Because 2gb is not enough for me. I use in between 3-5 gigs a month since no wifi at work.

that is correct

Sprint is looking better and better by the moment. Especially with the EVO 4G coming out

You guys have to remember we'll have multitasking and other things now on the new Iphone. So doesn't that mean that were going to use more data?

SMH what's the point of all these streaming radio apps now?

I can understand the move for their service concerns but...now they're limiting the use of previous stated apps.

You could still upgrade to the new iphone without changing your data plan. Only thing is that you won't be able to use the tethering option unless you get out of the unlimited data plan.

Originally Posted by PapaPrem

Sprint is looking better and better by the moment. Especially with the EVO 4G coming out

The phone etc is pretty impressive and i am thinking about it also. My thing is with most ppl switching just to get a 4G phone remember that having a phone that processes 4G at lightning speeds, but living in a area without 4G is well.... My only issue is that sprint phone service isnt up-to-pair with the likes of at@t verizon. But then again i dont really chat it up like that on my phone, so it kinda is like a toss up.

Doesn't matter how you spin this it's bad. As you can see things are getting more data intensive and ATT wants to pull the rug out from under you. If you got the unlimited plan then you better stick with it. Also, I heard that you can't even use you discount on these new data caps unlike the old one. When I had an iPhone my unlimited data was $25 because of a discount anyway so why would I pay $25 for 2GB? But this honestly won't affect most users cause you probably use less data than you think. This will really rape the iPad and tethering users.

Ehh I just checked and the most data I have ever used in a month is 400 Mbytes. Thats not even 1 GB. So I guess I'll be good. I've been with ATT for I dont even know how many years but its the best service in the Bay Area. Sprints service sucks here IMO. But that EVO is starting to look real good.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Doesn't matter how you spin this it's bad. As you can see things are getting more data intensive and ATT wants to pull the rug out from under you. If you got the unlimited plan then you better stick with it. Also, I heard that you can't even use you discount on these new data caps unlike the old one. When I had an iPhone my unlimited data was $25 because of a discount anyway so why would I pay $25 for 2GB? But this honestly won't affect most users cause you probably use less data than you think. This will really rape the iPad and tethering users.

It wont affect any one really. Cause this only apply to new cutomers so how would it effect their service, if they never had service, ppl who wont jailbreak there phone, and iPad users. And if i wasnt a heavy data user like over 90% of user arent you're better off switching to the 15 dollar plan. And yes you can still use discounts. I still get my 21% discount for being a prior military service member. When i talked to them a few week ago, they told me my unlimited service will still be intact and will be no problems if i decide to switch to the HD.

And with the iPad it wont be so bad. The only ppl it will adverse affect is ppl who use like netflix etc on there iPad. And ppl who are unaware of jailbreaking.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

[h1] [/h1]
[h1]AT&T, Inc. (NYSE:ATT)[/h1]$26.45
c'mon iphone simps!

[h3]Apple Inc. [/h3](Public, NASDAQ:AAPL)

What is your point?

Anyway, as long as you already have the unlimited plan or obtain it prior to June 7th then  you honestly do not have anything to worry about.

this is good for people that dont use their data plan as much

but if u use it a lot, then sucks for u

im planning on getting a new iphone, the htc hd2, or a new blackberry.

Originally Posted by LDJ

The phone etc is pretty impressive and i am thinking about it also. My thing is with most ppl switching just to get a 4G phone 
umm no, most people are swtiching because da EVO4g does a crapload more then what da HD iphone does...can we say superphone?

Originally Posted by Battousai701

this is good for people that dont use their data plan as much

but if u use it a lot, then sucks for u

im planning on getting a new iphone, the htc hd2, or a new blackberry.
whoa..avoid da HD2, its buggy....and da 9800 looks atrocious....

EVO4g, incredible, nexus one...<< cream of da crop right now.

Such as cause I looked at the specs on both and I really don't see the crapload of difference outside of the .4 difference in screen size, the 288 ghz speed difference, the outside camera being 3MP more. And able to attach it to a tv HDMI which is cool but personally don't see d/l a movie etc on a phone and viewing it on a tv. Radio but who still listens to reg radio. My thing is I am a heavy user of internet/apps/business/ and when I'm bored games oh and slingplayer. I just hate that if I'm not in a 4G area I will have to settle for subpar Internet service

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by LDJ

The phone etc is pretty impressive and i am thinking about it also. My thing is with most ppl switching just to get a 4G phone 
umm no, most people are swtiching because da EVO4g does a crapload more then what da HD iphone does...can we say superphone?
roll.gif

You can honestly say this stuff and be serious? 

You must be comparing your EVO phone to the iPhone which was released in 2007 (That's a 4 year old phone with minor updates beating out the rest of the competition) because Apple hasn't released the 4G/HD. And by the way, all the prototype specs of the new phone match your fragmented Android phone. 

Apple OS > Anything.

Originally Posted by KobeBeef

so no go on getting out your contract for free?

Unfortunately not it's not a change of contract. Those whom have the 30$ unlimited data can still keep it, but they are also given the option of switching down to the 2gb per month and save 5$ a month. For some it's a win, hell for me on my BB I checked and don't average over 100mb a month so I could even consider downgrading to the 15$ one and saving me 15$ monthly...

Originally Posted by Man E

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by LDJ

roll.gif

You can honestly say this stuff and be serious? 

You must be comparing your EVO phone to the iPhone which was released in 2007 (That's a 4 year old phone with minor updates beating out the rest of the competition) because Apple hasn't released the 4G/HD. And by the way, all the prototype specs of the new phone match your fragmented Android phone. 

Apple OS > Anything.

U seriously comparing a handicapped OS to da masterpiece that is froyo?
laugh.gif
C'mon duke I'm ridin on flash, tethering, gig processin muscle...don't even get ur feelings hurt
grin.gif

I just upgraded to the 3GS last week couldnt wait. Is there anyway I can upgrade to the 4G ? someway somehow

Back
Top Bottom