No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

Even people in the entertainment industry will tell u... they love u when your dead. I'm not even dismissing her music because it was cool and it goes beyond her. Paul Walker is the perfect example of this. Had dudes saying her was one of the best actors out etc etc etc. Not taking away from him but cmon now.

Aaliyah is what Tinashe is to the game right now. If Tinashe died, would she be praised as a legend?

Wtf is this nonsense, Aaliyah had classic records, Trashe doesn't. Aaliyah's classic songs doesn't take away from the fact that she was vocally limited and a basic dancer.

Tinashe has not come anywhere CLOSE to having records of the magnitude that Aaliyah did.

Aaliyah had hits, a album that sold 3 mil while she was alive, movies, and this dude said Tinashe

:rofl:

Y'all ****** gonna hear what you wanna hear. I never once said Aaliyah was a great singer. Never said anything about her voice at all.

What I did say was Whitney and Keke Wyatt vocally over Beyoncé and it not being close.

Bruh, Keke Wyatt can top a lot of singers today INCLUDING Bey, but you're not about to slide out without catching this E-Fade for slandering Prince earlier.

Comparing Tinashe to Aaliyah? 
sick.gif

Bruh, Keke Wyatt can top a lot of singers today INCLUDING Bey, but you're not about to slide out without catching this E-Fade for slandering Prince earlier.

Stand by every word. I'm not gonna act like I'm on him just cause y'all are. I've had post in Facebook groups about it, and me being 30, cats who group up here weren't diggin Prince like that. The older ladies like my mom in law who work at our boys and girls club all said they weren't into his style and in comparison Bobby was their preference. I don't know where y'all from but a pale naked black guy on an album cover was weird as hell. Then I said nothing but the truth about Bobby's album being better than his princess and pearls album and that he was selling right there with Michael. Stay mad if you want lol

That :50 second mark

Kinda distracted by the donk, but her voice is crazy, that's for sure.

The really REAL voices are not viewed as mainstream these days. It's a shame.

Kelly even has a stronger voice AND looks better than Bey.

Come at me. :tongue: 8)

aalyiah was boring real talk.

the reason rock the boat was such a great track was because it catered to her voice...the instrumental was soft and sensual.....like her voice....thats why that song works so well.

I'm sorry to say it but ol girl was soulless and flat in terms of sangin man.

if you think aalyiah could sing u probably think this dude could sing

View media item 2325558

now i don't know if she just couldn't let it out or if she flat out couldn't but its obvious.

perfect ejemplo

she tried to cover this

i cant explain the difference but i can hear it.

she aint got it.

there is no passion in her voice whatsoever.

Last edited:
Ain't that The crazy eye ***** from the gif? :rofl:

You a ******* cluck if you think that look better than Bey :smh: :rofl:

Stand by every word. I'm not gonna act like I'm on him just cause y'all are. I've had post in Facebook groups about it, and me being 30, cats who group up here weren't diggin Prince like that. The older ladies like my mom in law who work at our boys and girls club all said they weren't into his style and in comparison Bobby was their preference. I don't know where y'all from but a pale naked black guy on an album cover was weird as hell. Then I said nothing but the truth about Bobby's album being better than his princess and pearls album and that he was selling right there with Michael. Stay mad if you want lol

I'm 32, doesn't really matter. The word you're looking for is "polarizing". A lot of people in the black community were thrown off by Prince's image (a few albums in), because he didn't look like them, but they sure as hell respected the music and his talent. His core fanbase IS the black community. Detriot embraced him first. The people you're vouching for represent a pretty small segment of the population lol. You pick a random Prince album that isn't even of the same timeframe as "Don't Be Cruel" to make a point? Bruh, Michael's BAD album sold 30+ million. "Don't Be Cruel" (the monster that it is) is probably around 10 million. Janet Jackson still outsold him around that time with "Rhythm Nation" lol. Nobody mad here, boss. Just do a little more research lol.

Last edited:
I'm 32, doesn't really matter. The word you're looking for is "polarizing". A lot of people in the black community were thrown off by Prince's image (a few albums in), because he didn't look like them, but they sure as hell respected the music and his talent. His core fanbase IS the black community. Detriot embraced him first. The people you're vouching for represent a pretty small segment of the population lol. You pick a random Prince album that isn't even of the same timeframe as "Don't Be Cruel" to make a point? Bruh, Michael's BAD album sold 30+ million. "Don't Be Cruel" (the monster that it is) is probably around 10 million. Janet Jackson still outsold him around that time with "Rhythm Nation" lol. Nobody mad here, boss. Just do a little more research lol.

I've always said US sales in my post. I've always said both were bigger internationally than Bobby as well. Research? Like I said, Bobby's Don't be cruel was higher rated and a number 1 album. Diamonds and pearls wasn't. Domestically, Bad and Don't be cruel were on par with each other.

And just for example, we've all seen the "onegottagochallenge". Prince is probably the most occuring name you see getting the boot. So although I'm in the minority in here, I'm definitely not the only one who wasn't really feeling Prince and his music.

View media item 2325600
View media item 2325601
View media item 2325602
View media item 2325604
View media item 2325605
So when I say people didn't seem to be feeling Prince like that, I'm referring to post like these and just general conversations.

Last edited:
If we go by US sales, BAD is still at the very least 10 million ahead of "Don't Be Cruel". It doesn't matter. "Diamonds & Pearls" was released in 1991. Prince released "Lovesexy" in 1988, the same year as Bobby's album. It sold nothing close to the numbers of "Diamonds & Pearls" or "Don't Be Cruel". That should be the album you put up with "Don't Be Cruel". Your source is IG. :smh: We're done here.

If we go by US sales, BAD is still at the very least 10 million ahead of "Don't Be Cruel". It doesn't matter. "Diamonds & Pearls" was released in 1991. Prince released "Lovesexy" in 1988, the same year as Bobby's album. It sold nothing close to the numbers of "Diamonds & Pearls" or "Don't Be Cruel". That should be the album you put up with "Don't Be Cruel". Your source is IG. :smh: We're done here.

Of course Bad is the bigger album now especially with MJ passing. I'm talking about Bobby's prime. Never said what's the bigger album now. Y'all just be making this stuff up as you go lol.

So I shouldn't use IG as a reference? Of course, cause they aren't people. I should ask Prince fans which one should go right? Roger that!

Of course Bad is the bigger album now especially with MJ passing. I'm talking about Bobby's prime. Never said what's the bigger album now. Y'all just be making this stuff up as you go lol.

So I shouldn't use IG as a reference? Of course, cause they aren't people. I should ask Prince fans which one should go right? Roger that!

BAD was already 2 million in by the time "Don't Be Cruel" was released. Stop it.

So much terrible logic.

You should make a pic with Bobby instead of Luther and see what happens if that's what you're going by.

Last edited:
Son trynna compare Bobby and prince... jesus

Prince is a gawd here.

Mercury gotta be in retrograde for some of these boys because I'm seeing some ridiculous **** on here today :lol:

Back
Top Bottom