No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

This goes back to my question before, how many of y'all defending Beyonce listen to her often and have her music? I don't know any man that checks her music. Not that I know all men in the world or anything. Beyonce's music isn't the same as Whitney, Janet, Anita, Mary and so on.

How does anybody even begin to attempt to quantify something like that? lol It has nothing to do with what any particular sub-section of the population doesn't listen to, it's about the ones who do. A good portion of music listeners (male and female) appreciate and admire her skills and her work. That can never be disputed and it's really all that matters.

Easy

if you say I prefer

A over B

but don't even listen to A. Your opinion doesn't matter. You really don't listen to either. Are you even giving an informed opinion, or is there a lot of other things involved. Like you just don't like B.

It's like having a fast running back(Jamal Charles), and talking about what he could have done. It's about what they did. You have to judge Whitney or any singer by what they did. She's a great singer. Yolanda Adams is a great singer, but if you don't listen to her music, does it matter.

This goes back to my question before, how many of y'all defending Beyonce listen to her often and have her music? I don't know any man that checks her music. Not that I know all men in the world or anything. Beyonce's music isn't the same as Whitney, Janet, Anita, Mary and so on.

How is it different than Whitney or Janet? They're mostly strictly pop bubble gum music. You just don't like one. And living in the moment. Twenty years from now Beyonce will be thought of like Whitney and Sade.

I
If you asking for Whitney classics that ppl listen to, man go through that catalog and go discover it. Start easy with singles.

Listen to those popular songs.

So Emotional
I Wanna Dance With Somebody
I'm Your Baby Tonight
You Give Good Love

Whitney was a pop act who could sing, just like Beyonce.

Beyonce is basically Whitney combined with Janet.

Sade be grabbing my soul

2wfomqe.gif

Dudes listen to Mariah Carey too, just because of her voice, huh. Those octaves just do something for you :lol:

Some of ya'll ain't keepin it 100

Yes. She's GOAT. When someone's voice is like hers, you listen.

So you listen to all of Whitney's bubble gum pop songs with no substance, but bash Beyonce's :lol:

Sure you do

but wait, Whitney couldn't dance :lol:

Keke Wyatt is otherworldly. If she had the right production team behind her and on the right label, she'd be a household name.

Sad thing is, having an iconic voice doesn't mean **** nowadays. You need a catchy song, a soft look and be able to move.

But voice alone, Keke is GOAT status. Whitney will always be number 1 for me, but Keke got the range and power to shatter glass buildings. I've never seen anyone able to sing how she does. What's crazy is she's even better live. Very few you can say that about.

Dudes listen to Mariah Carey too, just because of her voice, huh. Those octaves just do something for you :lol:

So you listen to all of Whitney's bubble gum pop songs with no substance, but bash Beyonce's :lol:

Sure you do

but wait, Whitney couldn't dance :lol:

Mariah? Why bring her up? she's not one of my favorites so no, I don't listen to her like that.

Whitney is my favorite singer of all time. Yes, I listen to her very frequently. I have roughly 37 songs on my phone. Of those, I have "I have nothing", "I will always love you", "heartbreak hotel", "dance with somebody", and "run to you".

And there you go making **** up. Where/when did I bash any of Beyoncé's songs? I'll wait..... Someone made a comment about Beyonce dancing and I said she can't, but she's gotten better over the years.

If you're gonna come for me at least know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

:rofl:

With barely half the talent. Also keep listing those singles. You not finished.

I aint never heard Beyonce described as a combination of Whitney and Janet.

Do not see it. Definitely haven't heard it.

Dudes listen to Mariah Carey too, just because of her voice, huh. Those octaves just do something for you

Mariah has some great replayable songs in her catalog.

Last edited:
Kind of random, but Tyrese, Ginuwine, Dru Hill & Next are suppose to be performing this Saturday in Southaven, Mississippi. Really wanted to buy tickets for my mom & grandma to attend, but I didn't find out about the show til yesterday. Got all my money tied up at the moment.

I do plan on getting them tickets for the March 18th show that will feature Keith Sweat, K-Ci & Jo Jo, 112 & El DeBarge. Tickets are only $57 & the venue is like an hour & 40 mins away from where we live.  

I've seen Genuine and Dru Hill. Both were dope. Don't really have any interest in seeing Next. I need to see Tyrese though, he's one of my favorites. He's never around my area though.

K Michelle's debut album had joints on it. She can sing, I didn't like her second album and I didn't bother with the third.

How is it different than Whitney or Janet? They're mostly strictly pop bubble gum music. You just don't like one. And living in the moment. Twenty years from now Beyonce will be thought of like Whitney and Sade.
Listen to those popular songs.

So Emotional
I Wanna Dance With Somebody
I'm Your Baby Tonight
You Give Good Love

You name off 4 songs like that's a cumulative list lmao.Whitney was marketed as a pop act. Her talent ran so much deeper than that. Get outta here. Nothing like Beyonce. Much more than Beyonce. Think about all the black star power in each field of the sports and entertainment industry from the 1980's that made it possible for the Beyonce's to thrive today. Whitney is Top 5 on that list. Janet Jackson is an all-around entertainer.

I did not know Jimmy jam and terry lewis did 5 songs on confessions. Them dudes is monsters :x
how you produce hits in 3 different decades :smh:

I migh have to put them above metro boomin

Last edited:
You name off 4 songs like that's a cumulative list lmao.Whitney was marketed as a pop act. Her talent ran so much deeper than that. Get outta here. Nothing like Beyonce. Much more than Beyonce. Think about all the black star power in each field of the sports and entertainment industry from the 1980's that made it possible for the Beyonce's to thrive today. Whitney is Top 5 on that list. Janet Jackson is an all-around entertainer.

Whitney was a pop act. She was Clive Davis' creation. You can go through her catalog. They were made for radio.

You act like Whitney invented something.

Before her there was Diana Ross.

:rofl:

With barely half the talent. Also keep listing those singles. You not finished.

I aint never heard Beyonce described as a combination of Whitney and Janet.

Do not see it. Definitely haven't heard it.

Half the talent of who?

Could Whitney perform like Beyonce?

Can Janet sing like Beyonce. Janet was Aaliyah.

Last edited:
Whitney was a pop act. She was Clive Davis' creation. You can go through her catalog. They were made for radio.

Half the talent of who?

I was with you fam until that :lol:

Just because they want to downplay our current Icon and legend don't mean we gotta downplay our former icons & legends. Janet was 10 times the performer Aaliyah was.

Last edited:
I was with you fam until that :lol:

Just because they want to downplay our current Icon and legend don't mean we gotta downplay our former icons & legends. Janet was 10 times the performer Aaliyah was.

Not at all

A lot of performing has to do with money. Aaliyah never reached the level to get Beyonce or Janet level sets or choreography. Madonna and Lady GaGa are good performers, because of the money. Would you want to watch them without a set with two background dancers?

I figured he said Janet is Aaliyah because the dance skills > Vocals

Yeah

This is one of my favorite Whitney songs and I rarely ever see it mentioned.

A few other personal favorites

Half the talent of who?

Her image was Clive Davis' creation. What she had was God-given and already established in the church. She was already blessed by Luther Vandross and Chaka Khan long before Clive came into the picture. You act like she came off an assembly line. Stop playing man. Janet's melodies are one-of-a-kind. Dig deeper than the surface.

Not at all

A lot of performing has to do with money. Aaliyah never reached the level to get Beyonce or Janet level sets or choreography. Madonna and Lady GaGa are good performers, because of the money. Would you want to watch them without a set with two background dancers?

I don't think Gaga and madonna are good performers though, they just have a lot of **** going on around them (which was your point) to make a good show. But when it comes to dancing they look off and stiff. Aaliyah couldn't duplicate a lot of stuff jackson did in her videos because she doesn't have the fluidity jackson had.

Her image was Clive Davis' creation. What she had was God-given and already established in the church. She was already blessed by Luther Vandross and Chaka Khan long before Clive came into the picture. You act like she came off an assembly line. Stop playing man. Janet's melodies are one-of-a-kind. Dig deeper than the surface.

She could sing

But everything else was Clive Davis

That's what record labels do. They back you. They arrange the producers. They arrange the writers. They pick the songs. They push the singles.

They make your image.

That's like how dude said KeKe Wyatt never received the right push.

It's the same treatment Alicia Keys received.

Janet Jackson without Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis = Flop

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom