No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

Ralph was that guy, he should be bigger. Gotta feel like some of that had to do with his own drive. It's basically MJ not becoming MJ.

There's always one guy in a group that could sing his *** off but just couldn't put it together as a solo artist. Ralph, Wanya, Slim, JE twins and I'm sure I'm missing a bunch more

This was cool...I'm bumping a Gucci song that got the johnny "my, my,my " sample on it right now
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Need a dru hill movie too, just to see sisqos antics and then ****** running round the Baltimore streets in the 90's on some r&b ****
what gucci song is this?

and I used to intern for dru hill road manager...dude said sisqo was blackballed after saying he was better than Usher..this is around the time 8701 dropped
 Sisqo a wild boy so be probly really did believe he was better :lol:

This song right here, Gucci and Gotti :pimp:

I wish we had more r&b like hit me off in 2017...thats the type of song you just keep on repeat while cruising latenight 

Sisqo a wild boy so be probly really did believe he was better :lol:

This song right here, Gucci and Gotti :pimp:

ohhh yeaaa I know that lol...im thinkin this a new song or somethin

not to derail but gucci and gotti > any combo of trap artists together

Last edited:
I remember him saying that on 105 & Park, then is album flopped hard you never really heard from again. And it seems like that Sisqo vid has been erased off the internet like Chris Benoit
laugh.gif
I remember watching it that episode too lol

I think low key Ralph is regretting not taking that solo deal as a kid. He the only one not to really pop off solo wise.

Have Ralph done any promo run for the movie? I think he's still battling his drug addiction.

Last edited:
Bobby Brown is a legend! After all he's been through he's still standing somehow. I feel bad for Ralph, he sacrificed so much, with only the brotherhood in return. Last, New Edition is the best boy band to do it. You think otherwise, debate yourself!

Damn I ain't know Ralph filled in vocals for "Every Little Step" when Bobby was a no show at the studio. Dude loyal as hell man.

Damn i didn't know Ralph was on drugs.... dude lookin like JB Smoove now smh

he was the most loyal of the group....

Movie had great castings all around, but my personal favorite castings were Ralph and Bobby's. Both kid and adult castings

I guess a lot of people weren't aware of Bobby and his antics. He was sorta like an updated David Ruffin :lol: . It's always some mofo in the group that's like "y'all NEED me!" :lol:

You ain't lying, it's like Ruffin was his big homie or something.
They were slightly before my time so I knew of the group but not many details. There's a lot that I didn't know. Had no clue Ralph and Johnny were in New edition. Just found out Bobby was apart of them like a few years ago.

Much respect to ronny for humbling himself and doing real estate. When you become a man you realize that that's a respectable move, nothing to clown someone about.

CRAZY how Ralph was the leader then split apart and was average at best. His name now doesn't ring bells like Bobby and Johnny.

Lol at the thought of Bobby Brown ever getting stage fright, talk about getting over something.

U couldn't tell me that wasn't Bobby'a son playing him as a kid. Little ***** looked exactly like Bobby :lol:

Damn i didn't know Ralph was on drugs.... dude lookin like JB Smoove now smh

Back then all of them had nice guy images besides Bobby.

But the way Ralph and Bobby look now you can tell who was heaviest in to drinking and using.

would have been awesome if they cast Jamie Foxx as Brooke Payne....
roll.gif
im surprised more well known actors werent behind this

tbh I haven't even seen one second of any of the movies yet lol

Ill probably try to watch part 1 either tonight or tomorrow

Last edited:
crazy in that whitney biopic that Bobby executive produced he made it seem like Whitney got him on that stuff

I guess the NE boys weren't going to let him get away with it this time

This whole movie is a testament.

Get yours!

The people who were relying on others lost at the end.

With that being said, still gotta know when enough is enough.

Ralph gave too much. Lost.

Ricky gave too much. Lost.

Bobby did too much. Won. Bobby kept doing too much. Look at all the loss around him.

Johnny did enough and was able to stretch his career.

Mike did enough and was able to move into another lane.

Ronnie did enough and secured what he had.

Biopics are probably the most difficult films to accurately create and still be a good quality production. I feel like this movie did both. I walked into this highly critical and this joint far exceeded by expectations.

Might be up there with the Temptations and the Jackson 5 film in my estimate. It'll go down as one of those movies I'd watch through the years as it randomly re-airs.

Biopics are probably the most difficult films to accurately create and still be a good quality production. I feel like this movie did both. I walked into this highly critical and this joint far exceeded by expectations.

Might be up there with the Temptations and the Jackson 5 film in my estimate. It'll go down as one of those movies I'd watch through the years as it randomly re-airs.

I'm sure I've watched the Temptations movie 20+ times since it's release :lol:

Back
Top Bottom