Non rap music appreciation post vol. other genras get no love.

Santana

Undawata Medley

Sizzla

Slipknot

I listen to pretty much everything. I'll probably return with more later.

Esthero
Portishead
Massive Attack
Sneaker Pimps
Break Reform
Zero 7
Hooverphonic
Supreme Beings of Leisure
The Controls

queens of the stone age get a
pimp.gif

res, erykah badu, fiona apple, and cat power are all appreciated. there's many more...but i've been listening to them a lot at the moment.

Just trying to compile a list of artists other than rappers that you listen to is foolish. Because if you can do it succintly in a post, that means youhaven't broadened your horizons enough.

some less rock-y music

trance/trip hop?

I'll take your brain to another dimention. Pay close attention.

maybe even techno?

if the embedded video doesnt work, try this

expand your genres, children.

since rap has taken a drastic downfall in quality i have found myself listening to alot of.....

Prince- Purple Rain album

Dave Matthews Band- The Christmas Song.......i have no clue why i find this song to be so pifferiffic. it just is.
pimp.gif

Lacuna Coil- Comalies album

scores from movies such as Gladiator/Crash/ Requiem for a Dream

Strawberry Letter 23
Ill Find You Anywhere
Yes im Ready.........alot of songs with blatant soul samples, the OG's are very nice too.

I Wanna Be with You- Bootise Collins

Tears for Fears- Seeds of Love album, (Sowing the Seeds of Love, Woman in Chains, which is where the song So Free on Diplomatic Immunity 2 comes from)

non rap is
pimp.gif

I HATE R&B tho. that *%%+ is an abomination to my attention span.
mad.gif
:>

nice post
pimp.gif

ever since i played smackdown VS Raw, ive been exposed to Nonpoint, and i must say there
eek.gif
, make me want to punch somebody just for talking

Portishead_-_Dummy.jpg

Classic material if I've ever heard it. "It Could Be Sweet" and "Pedestal" are
pimp.gif
but I can listen to whole album straight through.
I dont care much for their self titled album or THIRD though outside a few tracks.

My consistent non hip hop rotation includes Bob marley, Jimi Hendrix, Miles & Coltrane, w/ a little D'Angelo every now and there...

But I got some white friends that are always trying to play 'their music' while we
pimp.gif
...so mention goes to Umphees Mcgee, Disco Biscuits, John Butler Trio, Lotus,String Cheese, Sound Tribe Sector 9, and all those jam bands that provide great blazin' music...

Back
Top Bottom