NOPE - New Horror by Jordan Peele - 07/22/22

It was great to me. People just expected it to be get out. And so they were disappointed. It was lit tho

Dumb small thing that held me back from checking it out. I got 5 on it rendition should have made it a day 1 for me :lol:

Still haven't seen Us, heard it wasn't great but wasn't bad so have been putting it off. Might knock it out this week.

it was odd as hell. not sure i'd say it was bad. it def didn't hit the same for me like get out did. It was well made film tho. There was one aspect of the story that kind of like...*shrug* ok i guess, but it was a good film.

I'd say give it a watch.

us was great.

the theory that i read in this world building theme is that the same people that were behind get out were the same people who were making the clones in us or something to that effect.

Maybe I'm soft when it comes to the horror movie genre, but Us had me shook :smh: :lol:
giphy.gif

us was great.

the theory that i read in this world building theme is that the same people that were behind get out were the same people who were making the clones in us or something to that effect.
So that would put “US” at the end of the timeline?

So that would put “US” at the end of the timeline?
I would yes and no. It could be a prequel and sequel at the same time. Obviously Hands Across America happened before Get Out. However Get Out could be happening simultaneous during Get Out. The cars in both movies are very close in age and design. Love how he keeps such a tough lid on his movies, no major leaks like Marvel movies or DC. Studios don't need to go the "leak" route just release the info you want out and stop trying to make it a secret.

Based on the movie poster and mini trailer, Nope gives off extraterrestrial/UFO vibes. I think we're due for a movie about Peele's take on life outside the Earth.

Still haven't seen Us, probably won't at this rate, just not into horror like that. Gotta be a great hook for me to check it, NOPE looks intriguing.

For years, comedians wondered why aliens never visited minorities, instead only visiting White farmers. This summer, Jordan Peele is correcting that.

I’m still holding out hope that Peele produces a film based on critical race theorist Derrick Bell’s “Space Traders”. That would be DOPE!

Back
Top Bottom