NT, Am I The Only One Who Finds The New TV Show "Black-ish' Kinda Offensive?

is this offensive?

• yes, it is offensive, its sad that ABC gave this a greenlight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, its not offensive (my name is Thomas and my brother has kids)

• i'm not black, so it didn't offend me, but i understand why people would be offended

• Total voters
creased up the toebox heavy
yeah dude went off.. and tried to hold his cool.. dude was like.. man and guess what.. we wear the same size too..

Wife's like oh ***** he done ****** up foreal..lol

Dude crossed the line when he went in dudes bedroom.. then going to rock dudes shoes too..lol

Um yeah, I gave blackish a chance even though it set off alarms when I heard the title like I said in my first post in here but now I think it's official that ABC is doing this on purpose.

Now I'm black and felt some type of way about this. Maybe my Asian NT brethren can tell me how yall feel.

It's basically The Goldbergs but with an Asian family. It's set in the 90s I guess so maybe that's how they think they'll get away with some of this offensive ****.. My American dream was to fit in? Ding Ding is eating worms? If we get separated try and join a white family? Black kid tells the Asian kid he's at the bottom of the totem pole now?

ABC out here acting like the issue of race and being offensive was over decades ago.

Last edited:
Show is pretty money to me. I like it a lot. Solid character choices. I like the whole fam. Feels pretty genuine and I've laughed every episode. Solid black sitcom. And I like that they're educated, affluent and successful and not ignorant and broke.

Ahhhh :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Son said his breath smell so bad, it smells like slavery!!! :rofl: :rofl: Son said his breath smells like 400 years of that struggle! :rofl: :rofl:

Then his own father later says he look like Raven Symone with a fade :lol: :lol:

So much lulz with this Dozens ep :smokin :lol:

I've been watching since the pilot but didn't feel like making a thread but we can take over this one since I see some people actually watched :smokin

i think it should be noted that there is a population of black people this would speak to

It should speak to a lot of people actually... :lol:

They touch on a lot of stuff based on the basic character interactions alone.... From Father/son, sibling dynamics etc.. to work interaction.

The twins are lulz on the low

The episode about "the word" was legit funny. I heard dudes talking about it and gave it a shot based on that. I'm sold on the show now.

The episode about black folks not going to the doctor was comedy too. :lol:

I've only seen the episode about their mom finding out about Raven being gay.

It was alright

Good show.

I usually have to sit through this and Fresh off the Boat on the weekends, and they're both actually very funny and not offensive at all.

Sitcoms based in different cultures are going to have identifying factors that are specific to the culture that could come off as offensive...it is what it is. We're all different...it's not always a bad thing to point out or laugh at those differences. Sometimes it's a good thing.

Last edited:
Been a fan of the show from the pilot. Jack, Diane, and Jr bring the lulz night in and night out. Zoey is the new-aged teenage Hillary. Charlie brings the lulz too. I like the show because it brings light to some cultures of African Americans w/o making it ****ish and stereotypical.

In the spectrum of modern primetime network television Black-ish is def an upper echelon show, **** I always wondered how in the hell Big Bang Theory was the number 1 comedy on television until I disconnected my cable service. In comparison with most shows, Big Bang Theory is actually one of the better shows
laugh.gif
 Network Television by and large is pretty terrible. 

Last edited:
Thought there was an official thread for this, but bravo to their last episode. Well done tackling the issues no other primetime show would dare to

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ce-brutality-while-staying-true-to-its-roots/

Also solidifies how much of a clown OP is.
Love what I'm seeing with this and Carmichael Show. Taking it back to the Norman Lear days. The last episode of Black-ish was powerful. Had to keep reminding myself this was aired on ABC. I love the range of perspectives being put out there. Great show.

Back
Top Bottom