NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

just started reading this

its the sequel to this

words cannot express how much I am enjoying this book

I feel spoiled bc it's too good. I've never felt that before.
And I've never been this grateful for having the pleasure of reading a book.
And I have never in my life thanked god that an artist's parents met, because if they never did then When Nietzsche Wept would never have happened.
The author truly is brilliant. The premise alone is awesome.

If you have even the slightest interests in existentialism then you need to read this book.
If you have the tiniest inclination for stories that illuminate the truth that "limits like fears are often an illusion" then you need to read this book.
If you know how to read... then you need to read this book. :lol: :pimp:
But, seriously. Read it.

^ You just sold the **** outta me. :lol: *adds to list*

Just about finished with High Price by Dr. Carl Banks.

Was reading Oscar Wao book. Got bored in the middle. Started strong for me, but kept losing focus him repeating the same thing over and over about the mom being gorgeous and not listening :lol:

I've been reading a lot of plays lately.
The beauty of them is the brevity.
You know when you fall asleep during the first watch of a movie, so it loses steam so when you try to finish it another day it's never really that good?
Well, books can be like that to.
So the awesome 30-60 pages of a really good play are so appealing bc you can fully step into the world of the story and consume it in it's entirety.

This is an awesome take on relationships and love and how time changes them.
Also a really illuminating look at the reasons behind infatuaion and how, once again, the lens of time reveals that it's just the novelty of a new person , not really the person that you're infatuated with.

AWESOME ******* WRITING
you can feel the tension seeping through your skin
I know PSH killed the role in the film, but I still haven't caught it yet. This one is definitely a classic.

The most intelligent writing and story I've been exposed to.
You might not understand it after the first read. Took my three times.
Existentialism at it's finest, and those Brits are just so goddamn talented- the first run production featured Gary Oldman and Tim Roth
great read- absurdly funny and very provocative

Okay. Last one. But I'm glad I didn't forget it
Truly relatable story about success and it affects the way you're perceived.
Also a really good take on leaving your hometown, and how it feels to go back as a visitor.
Same author as Dinner With Friends. great writer.

finished reading

Dirty Little Secrets About Black History : Its Heroes & Other Troublemakers By Claud Anderson

Current Reading

Golden age of the Moor by Ivan Van Sertima.

Books on order

More Dirty Little Secrets About Black History, Its Heroes and Other Troublemakers Volume 2 By Claud Anderson

In Miserable Slavery: Thomas Thistlewood in Jamaica 1750-1786 by Douglas Hall

Just finished South of the Border, West of the Sun. It was a great read, but the ending confused the hell out of me. Hell, the 3 books that i've read by Haruki Murakami, all ended with a mystery. :lol:

words cannot express how much I am enjoying this book

I feel spoiled bc it's too good. I've never felt that before.
And I've never been this grateful for having the pleasure of reading a book.
And I have never in my life thanked god that an artist's parents met, because if they never did then When Nietzsche Wept would never have happened.
The author truly is brilliant. The premise alone is awesome.

If you have even the slightest interests in existentialism then you need to read this book.
If you have the tiniest inclination for stories that illuminate the truth that "limits like fears are often an illusion" then you need to read this book.
If you know how to read... then you need to read this book. :lol: :pimp:
But, seriously. Read it.

About half way through this, first 50 pages are kinda slow but it's starts getting better. Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm reading Gone Girl....this ish is piff. I literally look forward to bedtime because I read it right before i knock out :nerd:

just finished gone girl. great book!
thinking about picking up the goldfinch next, any good reviews on it?

Americans usually pronounce it like "knee-chee"
Germans say it like "knee-chuh"
Hard to explain but there's is like a softer sound with the vowels

Started to reread Angels & Demons- Inferno recently. Forgot how good the da vinci code is even after reading it multiple times. I know plenty of people who dislike dan brown though

Last edited:
I'm not sure what my next book will be yet. I downloaded some Hemingway books, so I'll probably jump into one of them; never read his stuff before.

If not that, I'll start with some Carl Jung.

Jung is a trip man
Reading archetypes of the collective unconcious right now
the thing about material like this, is I have to get on the books level in order to truly absorb it
Like I need a 30 minute warmup period to get on the right wavelength

I just finished reading Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose. If you, like myself, love history and the outdoors then you gotta check this book out. It's basically an autobiography of Meriweather Lewis, of Lewis and clark, with a majority covering the corps of discoverys expedition to the Pacific. Great read, I highly recommend it to anyone interested in American history.

Last edited:
Just picked this up. Just finished Book 1 of 1Q84, so I won't start reading it yet. I just had to have it though. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom