NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

Just started. Not one for military works usually but it came highly recommended. Not even done with the first chapter and there’s good takeaways.
IMG_0642.jpeg

Nope. I’m actually moving up to NorCal from LA in the next month. I’m going to go.

But I was more referring how true Del stays to his Berkeley roots.

Del’s the man. I saw Deltron 3030 in Brooklyn a few years back with a full symphony orchestra. Kid Koala was rocking a koala costume, Dan was dressed like a conductor. Show was free, it was 🔥

Im jealous you cats still have record stores. Record stores like Amoeba are practically dead in NYC.

51aH7d3hv2L.jpg

Finished this today. The (intentional, I presume) stoner ramblings, along with the multitude of characters, made this extremely hard to follow :lol:

I haven't seen the movie, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was better.

Started this earlier this week.
It’s quite digestible tbh, relatively speaking. Obviously you need some degree of basic knowledge of the US judicial system but so far it hasn’t been excessive, and I’m neither a lawyer nor American. If you’re interested in US law, I would highly recommend this or the author’s podcast.

Amazon product ASIN 1541602633
IMG_4836.png

The National Security Podcast w/ Steve Vladeck & Bobby Chesny:

Dumb Ideas: A Behind-the-Scenes Exposé on Making Pranks and Other Stupid Creative Endeavors (and How You Can Also Too!)

Picked up this book last week.

Also my favorite rappers book:
The Upcycled Self: A Memoir on the Art of Becoming Who We Are
Black Thought Aka The talented Mr. Trotter

Attachments

• eric andre book cover.jpg
    eric andre book cover.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Black Thought Upcycled Self.jpg
    Black Thought Upcycled Self.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 164
I finished The Guest by Emma Cline and loved it. Have like 30 pages left in Death in Her Hands by Otessa Moshfegh and enjoying it. Both are kind of like modern day takes on the Awakening and the yellow wallpaper.

I finished The Guest by Emma Cline and loved it. Have like 30 pages left in Death in Her Hands by Otessa Moshfegh and enjoying it. Both are kind of like modern day takes on the Awakening and the yellow wallpaper.

Thinking about reading The Guest. A lot of people hated the structure of the book and felt like there was no clear beginning, middle or end to the story.

Thinking about reading The Guest. A lot of people hated the structure of the book and felt like there was no clear beginning, middle or end to the story.
It’s literary fiction so it doesn’t really follow a classic narrative or have a clear cut resolution but it’s easy to read and well written. It just starts off in the middle of someone’s journey and lasts through a week stretch.

I'm a horror movie buff and I just realized I never read Rosemary's Baby or The Exorcist :blush:

So I had a chance to read both of these…10/10 for each one.

The Exorcist reads more like a crime novel than horror imo. Maybe because I saw the movie? I’ll have to follow this up with Legion. But I don’t think I would’ve been a fan of the ending if I didn’t see the movie first :lol:

Rosemary’s Baby: do I really need a spoiler tag for a 60 year old book? :lol: Regardless, if one had never seen the movie or read the book, I would suggest the book first. The ending is kind of a given in the movie, but it plays out beautifully in the novel.

One major takeaway is how easy these were to read. I’ve tried other horror novels in the past (including Stephen King) and they can be a chore.

Back
Top Bottom