NT: Car Opions Lexus GS vs. Acura TL

most average drivers cat tell the difference between FWD and RWD in regular day ( safe ) driving... take the car out a open track and push the cars to the limits then you feel how much work the front wheels have to do.... FWD cars have come a long way especially in acura's when they are pushing 290hp....

doosta45 wrote:
pass on the 04 (****** problems) copp a 07 TL w/navi best bang for your buck.

im copping a TL next year for my bday wdp w/ebony interior

good luck finding that color combination (rarest of the bunch)...pretty sure they only made that color combo in 06', btw.

i'm looking for a TL in the next year or so too...i like the 07'/08' model better than 04'-06', so i'll probably save up a bit more until i find one.

check out acurazine (forum about acura's) for more info before your purchase...

OP...get the TL. you're going to have to save up a lot to go from an 04' TL to an 07' GS, especially with all the options that come standard with the TL. my bro has an 04' TL
pimp.gif
 with about 70k miles and he hasn't had any problems with it so far...most of the issues with the 04' TL were linked to the earlier production models, not the later production models (can't remember how to tell them apart, but you should be able to find it on acurazine).

-waystinthyme

At first I hated my 07 TL, because I thought I was missing out by not havin RWD then I started driving through this Massachusetts snow and seein how much power it was really puttin out. In my opinion I'd say go for the acura, but then again I haven't driven that yr GS... Try both and see what's really good.

i personally like the lexus gs the best.
i am a huge fan of the TL, but liked the S-Type 02-03 way more.
regardless, best of luck in your quest and decision. hope all goes well.

I know several people at work pushing the 04-06 model TL and everyone loves it.

The ****** issue was for the 99-03 models.

But you really comparing apples to oranges, 04 TL vs 07 GS3. Different age, different price point.

If I had a family, I'd push the Lex, if I was single I'd push the Ac.  

But I'm an Acura fan, since the early 90's, so I'm a little biased.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

most average drivers cat tell the difference between FWD and RWD in regular day ( safe ) driving... take the car out a open track and push the cars to the limits then you feel how much work the front wheels have to do.... FWD cars have come a long way especially in acura's when they are pushing 290hp....
good point too. considering both of these cars aren't meant for the track really and the GS is still really a "Lexus" (excluding the IS-F and LFA), test drive both cars and see which one you like more. funny how the newest hybrid version of the GS technically has the best performance though.  

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have a 98 Integra Gsr right now but since I’m in my mid 20s now, I want to upgrade something that’s larger and fits my age.

I had a chance to drive a 06 GS 300 and the ride was definitely smooth and the refinement inside was solid. When do you guys expect the GSs’ to dip under $20k given that there maybe a new model coming out in 2011?

I’m going to test drive the TL tonight. I’m assuming the TL will probably be a funner car to drive given it’s a stick shift. Plus the fact that I may be able to get the car for $15k or maybe even less is making it very tempting.

GS350 easy. RWD>FWD. all that HP on the TL is a waste since its FWD.
I almost bought a TL but decided to buy something cheaper and save for a proper RWD.

Originally Posted by Mag1c12783

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have a 98 Integra Gsr right now but since I’m in my mid 20s now, I want to upgrade something that’s larger and fits my age.

I had a chance to drive a 06 GS 300 and the ride was definitely smooth and the refinement inside was solid. When do you guys expect the GSs’ to dip under $20k given that there maybe a new model coming out in 2011?

I’m going to test drive the TL tonight. I’m assuming the TL will probably be a funner car to drive given it’s a stick shift. Plus the fact that I may be able to get the car for $15k or maybe even less is making it very tempting.
you can definitely find 06 GS300 for around 20k or under with 60k-80k mileage.  If you want a 07+ GS350 I'd say give it a year or so you will start seeing higher mileage 07s go for low 20s

Originally Posted by teatime0315

GS350 easy. RWD>FWD. all that HP on the TL is a waste since its FWD.
I almost bought a TL but decided to buy something cheaper and save for a proper RWD.
like i said before do you think you are really gonna push the car to the limits or drive aggresive to tell the difference between FWD and RWD?....

Originally Posted by Mag1c12783

what did you think after test driving the TL? i still haven't test driven the 07', i've driven my brother's 04' a few times though...

and i do agree with other posters...this is kind of an unfair comparison. one is an 04, the other is an 07. one is an automatic, the other is manual. one is around 15-17k the other is around 25k. 

maybe you really want a GS, but only have the funds right now for a TL? if that's the case and your current car is not breaking down, i would save up and get the car you really want...otherwise you'll regret it in the future.

-waystinthyme

What's with all of this rwd talk. Honestly it depends what type of weather you're going to encounter. I am in Brooklyn, and when those snowstorms hit I was pretty assed out with my rwd. By far the rwd is more powerful, but the fwd performs better in inclimate weather.

a 2004 Acura TL is NOT EVEN close in comparison to a 2007 GS, However, the GS is known to have some issues and is no longer the bright spot of the Lexus lineup. If your looking at 2007 GS's why not a Bmw 335? Even the G35 sedan is a better bang for the buck. As a matter of fact I would recommend the g35 sedan The TL looks cheap IMO.

Back
Top Bottom