NT Did i do the right thing? Vol. fatherhood

To make a long story short my 6 year old son came to be about a bully and i told him basically

2we08i1.jpg

And dont worry abot it cause ur education is more important than what people think about you. I also said if he puts his hands on you beat him down. Did Igive him the best advice?

why are you askng a bunch of teenagers if you did the right thing? or are you a teenager yourself?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Jules300

Did I give him the best advice?
Hell naw, you didnt give him the best advice possible. If he's already getting picked on and he dont do anything to stop it, hes gonna end upbeing one of those kids that
gets clowned on all throughout junior high and high school.
Tell him to take his yellow crayola and shove it up that bully's nose...
That way he sends a message...
roll.gif

I think you gave him good advice when you said "if they put your hands on you..." If someone lays a hand on your son first then I believe he has theright to fight back. You aren't encouraging him to run about and start fights, but you are explaining that it's important that he stand up for himselfand not be run over by his peers. So yes, I think your advice was sufficient.

Originally Posted by knightngale

why are you askng a bunch of teenagers if you did the right thing?
this man speaks the truth, but since u asked yes u did. (im not a teenager)

You did the right thing.

Make sure you tell him to only whoop the bullies ##! if

he touches your son first, though.

Originally Posted by nick0lis

yeah, but you shoulda taught him how to beat him down.

THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. IF he has to fight cause at some point he will have to fight SOMEONE everyone does. Teach him but only in defense

Yea u did. But make sure to be specific about "put hands on" any slight instance as in invade personal space, provokin, a slight push, etc. The bullystarted it, now ya son has to finish it. Good job op

What would/did your father tell you?

....and if you want to teach him to fight, I strongly encourage you taking youngn to the Boxing Gym. Thats how most kids end up in the sport anyways....

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

What would/did your father tell you?

....and if you want to teach him to fight, I strongly encourage you taking youngn to the Boxing Gym. Thats how most kids end up in the sport anyways....

My father wasnt there when i was younger
frown.gif

If he keeps trying to 'brush it off' The problem will eventually escalate.

A. You Tell Him To Handle It

or

B. You Step In, And Talk To The School

I think you did the right think!
Of course all the "Tough Guys" Are going to say what they have been says
"you should have told him to kick his !%%"
Dont trip i think it was right what you did!

He is only 6, so his peers aren't gonna make fun of dude if you stepped in as a father by speaking to his teacher about the situatiuon. If he was older, Iwould ask you to tell your son to fight said bully. But right now he is much too young, and his reputation would not be harmed if you were to step in for him.This site is filled with young cats, and I don't recommed asking advice on how to rear your child.

Back
Top Bottom