NT don't mess with Bob Marley? vol. Official Reggae/Dance Hall Thread!

ya too corrupt!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by I D0NT PASS

Quick question. whats the diff between dancehall and reagee?
dancehall is what they play in the clubs
reggae is your bob marleys, damian marley, peter tosh type stuff

Originally Posted by black chiney

for someone with a black chiney screenname this is the dumbest thing i have ever heard..they dont play reggae in a club? you never heard damianmarley trafficjam in a club?...anyway for everyone wanting new reggae and dancehall i will give you the best site on the net.. become a memberwww.mediazoneja.com

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

for someone with a black chiney screenname this is the dumbest thing i have ever heard..they dont play reggae in a club? you never heard damian marley trafficjam in a club?...anyway for everyone wanting new reggae and dancehall i will give you the best site on the net.. become a member www.mediazoneja.com
let me rephrase that then......dancehall is more like hip hop but i do hear dancehall more in the clubs than reggae

how do I embed videos? when I click on the little video button there isn't an "add from html" option..

Maybe the good homey Cronicmole could chime in on this...

Whats really goin on in the Portmore Empire?
Is this dude Kartel really layin hands on his artists?
nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif

Few new riddims if u wanted to check out.

Knock Out Riddim
Touch Riddim
Watacycle Rirrim
Cardiac bass Riddim
Sex Appeal Riddim
Catalog Riddim
Billboard Riddim

Bob Marley
pimp.gif

Some of my favorite Marley songs that I can think of right now...

Everything that was put on Legend
Johnny Was
Zimbabwe
Trenchtown Rock
High Tide or Low Tide
Mellow Mood
Lively Up Yourself
Guava Jelly
Mr. Brown
Soul Rebel
Zion Train
Natural Mystic

the list could go on forever...

hey you guys should check out Katchafire.. they definitely got the reggae feel (since they started by doing bob marely covers) and they are some southeast asia. but yeah check them out their music is perfect for chillin'
pimp.gif

being from the caribbean reaggae, dancehall and soca is definitely appreciated but its not american so them despise it
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Knock Out Riddim
Touch Riddim
Watacycle Rirrim
Cardiac bass Riddim
Sex Appeal Riddim
Catalog Riddim
Billboard Riddim

good looks bredrin...
whats the situation with the Portmore Empire tho?

sex appeal riddim is decent, with vado, aidonia, jop

touch riddim is average at best

cardiac riddim sound like a don corleon riddim but its by zj chrome got some good artist voicing some slow tunes, lutan fyah tune sell off

Watacycle is a cool riddim, Jahvinchi and popcaan ah tek it, kartel got 2 song but dem aint sounding too good

knock out riddim is garbage

catalog riddim is tuff, Movado and donia tek it

street groove riddim is very good, all solid songs, kartel and donia ah tek it

Aidonia is having a very good year

stagalag riddim is a ole school riddim, busy got like 3 song on it, taurus riley, romain, kiprich tek it

Damage control riddim is tufffff, Bunji garlin, spragga and the busy/bounty collabo it maddddd, The best song might be an old buju song that they converted on this riddim called let dem know( it was called fast lane before)

so there is some good yard music coming out over the last 2 weeks

Knock Out Riddim
Touch Riddim
Watacycle Rirrim
Cardiac bass Riddim
Sex Appeal Riddim
Catalog Riddim
Billboard Riddim

good looks bredrin...

the empire is there, everything normal,  They had a situation where dem studio was shut down , but they been bringingout tunes recently

Kartel ( beside clarks songs) has been singing crap for the better part of the f year, he have a song called like a jockey with gaza slim i believe and that song soon take off, but other then that he aint singing nothing

Jah vinchi  is doing his thing, i feel he has had the best work  as far as a lot of good songs, but he dont really talk about women, weed,  violenceand  having sex.... so he dont get mentioned, but his songs are boss ( check out dont skylark, gwan home, soul to keep, remedy) de man ah sing like him in church

Popcann  has had the best year out of any member of the group( dont get it confused with having the best songs) clarks help him out(check out hotskull when we a walk, Pu$$y so tight, up inna di club

Gaza slim aka vannes bling is doing her thing, out of all de girls dem  she have the most songs ( 2 rude, one man, and like a jockey with kartel)

indu. sheba still sing a one tune here, one tune there but not consistant

merital, shawn storm still do dem thing, when the other artist become relevant ill speak on  them.

The  members that left

Ryno the stinger  has been sing a crappy songs since he left, he started a group called garrison

Lisa Hyper is persistant, some tunes connect some dont, but she try hard

gaza kym need to go fly a kite

finally a reggae/dancehall thread getting play here....i must be dreaming
pimp.gif

Bob is GOAT....and i'm glad i saw I-Wayne posted in here. Here's a few Jah Cure joints that are on heavy rotation on my ipod.

Originally Posted by mrtramericanjr

The  members that left
Ryno the stinger has been sing a crappy songs since he left, he started a group called garrison
Lisa Hyper is persistant, some tunes connect some dont, but she try hard
gaza kym need to go fly a kite

Did they really get beat tho, and why?
I understand the Gaza Kim situation to an extent.

Ryno tunes been aight to me tho, Mi Lef and U Vex.

I really need some gun mon tunes from Mavado & Kartel.
Too much sing sing fi di gyal dem.

jd2384
pimp.gif

Love dudes voice [||]

^ good looks..i've been looking for that song for a bit.
pimp.gif
. i sort of miss dancehall from a few years back...when wayne wonder, mr. easy, tanto metro & devonte' were gettin play...you don't really hear too much from them anymore...even rupee
laugh.gif
. any reason why you don't really see i-wayne or jah cure touring in the states? i've been to quite a few reggae/dancehall concerts and i've never seen them at all

Back
Top Bottom