NT General = ISS, at the end of the day.

ya ****** really miss that yuku wizard though? cats sounding like battered wives that dont wanna leave their

abusive relationships...

violence1.jpg

"how dare i try to post and expect my post show immediately..i was foolish, im sowwie babi"

"server's down today again? oh i know that just means i should make you a sandwich instead of

complainin..sowwie babi"

Last edited:
I agree, but there is still some kids that actually love the shoes and buy them to wear.

I see you alot on the JB forum now a days, greatly appreciate you and BigJ505 for trying to clean it up because things can outta hand (Royal 1 threads) :smh:

JB forum is a travesty compared to back in the day. 
Fixed.

:rofl: :rofl: TRUTH

ya ****** really miss that yuku wizard though? cats sounding like battered wives that dont wanna leave their

abusive relationships...

violence1.jpg

"how dare i try to post and expect my post show immediately..i was foolish, im sowwie babi"

"server's down today again? oh i know that just means i should make you a sandwich instead of

complainin..sowwie babi"

:rofl: :rofl: u shot out, b

I agree with everything Meth said, except Coming To America and Trading Places are still funny in 2013.

I think the wait period was exclusive to Yuku, and I believe Meth has expounded on this before. Idk about post limits or whatever though. But at the end of the day,

This platform, even without a waiting period >>>>>> Yuku, though.
ezboard had a waiting period as well. Approvals all went out on the same day in the first week of the month. There would then be a thread that would pop up for those next few days to welcome the "new" members when, in fact, half of them were banned members with new screennames.

Times have changed. I have no clue what goes on now.

I remember those threads around 06/07 :lol:

Damn we are on a roll in this thread. A Meth and a Dirty sighting.

*Waits Snuggles Mcduggal to show up out of nowhere*

Last edited:
I used to love the "welcome new members" thread and sometimes the mods would posts the names that didnt make the cut

I agree with everything Meth said, except Coming To America and Trading Places are still funny in 2013.
You and I think so, but some 16 year old will swear to you that the Borat movie is better, just like 15 year olds everywhere think that LeBron James is the greatest player of all time and Kanye West is the greatest artist in the history of human civilization.  That's an argument you lose simply by taking part in. 

Nobody's ever going to convince you that your childhood favorites are less than ideal, because they're largely responsible for establishing your ideals.  Your favorite comedies taught you what comedy was.  If I grew up in the 80s, I'm not going to be impressed with Family Guy because all its conventions are lifted from things I like better - but someone older than I am could say the same thing about The Simpsons, etc.  It's a generational issue, and the same thing is bound to occur with websites and forums as well. 

Your first photoshop thread is going to have a greater impact than your 50th.  That's life.
i was thinking this earlier..ever since the update its the SAME like 6 threads on the front page all the time.. very I$$ like. Before I remember it was tough keeping up with all the new threads in general.
We've been over this one, too.  On ezboard we had 20 topics per page.  On Yuku we had 25.  Now we have 50.  So anything you see on the BOTTOM HALF of page one would've slipped to page 2 on the old site.  

We have data on forum activity, and we can say quite definitively that the forums - including General - are more active now than they were on Yuku.  You're just fooled into thinking that it "looks slow" because certain threads that used to alternate between page 1 and page 2 now stick around page 1.

Allowing more topics per page isn't something we could do on Yuku, and it's actually something that essentially costs us money.  The more pages a site gets you to load, the more ads you view and the more page views they collect.  That's why EVERY SINGLE THING on Complex is a top 100 list.  You need to click 100 times to find out the top 100 numbers from 1 to 100.  We don't treat you like idiots.  We provide more content per page because it's convenient for the USER, not because it's the most profitable solution for NikeTalk.  If everyone somehow WANTED to go back to 25, we'd churn out more page views and more ad views - but in the long run I think people appreciate the fact that they can see what's new at a glance and we're not wasting your time.  

You and I think so, but some 16 year old will swear to you that the Borat movie is better, just like 15 year olds everywhere think that LeBron James is the greatest player of all time and Kanye West is the greatest artist in the history of human civilization.  That's an argument you lose simply by taking part in. 

:stoneface:

i was thinking this earlier..ever since the update its the SAME like 6 threads on the front page all the time.. very I$$ like. Before I remember it was tough keeping up with all the new threads in general.

I've got three quality and unique threads on the first page....and you have contributed to how many of them? ZERO!

Maybe it's not the platform, but the user? :nerd: :smokin

I've got three quality and unique threads on the first page....and you have contributed to how many of them? ZERO!

Maybe it's not the platform, but the user? :nerd: :smokin

or maybe your threads don't interest me View media item 407420View media item 407421

Last edited:

Nobody's ever going to convince you that your childhood favorites are less than ideal, because they're largely responsible for establishing your ideals.  Your favorite comedies taught you what comedy was.  If I grew up in the 80s, I'm not going to be impressed with Family Guy because all its conventions are lifted from things I like better - but someone older than I am could say the same thing about The Simpsons, etc.  It's a generational issue, and the same thing is bound to occur with websites and forums as well. 

Your first photoshop thread is going to have a greater impact than your 50th.  That's life.

c86a88be_AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

thread about nothing sucking da life force of new threads being made....
Easily the dumbest thread on this site
laugh.gif
 Do you even read through it. Its mostly random gifs, pictures, and what us random NTers are doing at the moment like about to go to the store because we ran out of peanut butter and watermelon. Its a thread about NOTHING, where if the material was made into its own thread, people would clown you or just throw out the 
indifferent.gif
 or 
mean.gif
. I don't see how its sucking the life force out of new threads. Its not about how many new threads are created, but more of the quality and discussion that comes from them.

Back
Top Bottom