NT, help me pick a basketball. Wilson Solution vs Nike Elite Championship

I'm looking for a new ball, and I've decided to invest in a basketball that I plan to keep for at least a few years while providing great feel.  I've used the Wilson Solution before and I was always amazed with it, but I see that a lot of NCAA teams use the Nike Elite Championship as well, but I have no experience with it.  Both have good reviews.

Which one should I get?  The Nike ball is a bit cheaper, but I'm still leaning towards the Wilson.  Thoughts, comments, and suggestions are much appreciated.

0700_w.jpg

vs

0403801_w.jpg

i would stick with the wilson if i were you. why switch it up now?

you show probably post this in S&T to get more answers/reviews

Neither. Get the TF-1000. I hate Wilson Evolutions and Solutions. They feel so fake and the distribution of weight is weird.

But if I had to choose between those, I'd go with the Nike. Ball is comparable to the Official Game Ball in terms of feel

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

i would stick with the wilson if i were you. why switch it up now?

you show probably post this in S&T to get more answers/reviews

You are absolutely right.  I always forget that there's a S&T forum with that workout thread in here lol.  Mods, could y'all move this thread please?  Thanks.

I'm not so sure that any of those will hold up for 5+ years though, when I was playing weekly, we'd go through a DECENT level ball in about 6 months (couple of hours a week, indoor ball).

The more you end up paying for a ball, the better it feels for the first few weeks/months, but they normally deteriorate faster. In my opinion at least!

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

if you want a ball, go with Nike

if you want a friend......go with Wilson

if u want a laugh look above ^^^

Hey friend, just cough up an extra $30-40 and cop the official Spalding Game Ball. You only live once...nah what I'm sayin'

The NBA is the last league in the world still using a full grain leather ball. It sucks. I wouldn't hoop with it myself if not for the undefinable amount of cache that comes from it being THE NBA ball. Outside of that, it's hard, slippery, and nobody at the gym is going to want to play with it when you bring it but it probably will still get stolen while you're hooping with whoever's Wilson Evolution and people are shooting around on the other basket with it

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Hey friend, just cough up an extra $30-40 and cop the official Spalding Game Ball. You only live once...nah what I'm sayin'

Yeah, I tried the official ball awhile back (just playing with it in a store); didn't like it at all.  It's just so slick right out of the box; I have no clue how the pros play with it.

Both are solid.  Go with whatever is cheaper.

Spalding NBA balls suck $!$.  TF-1000 or bust when it comes to Spalding.

My problem with the Wilson is that it's too small. It has the right grip and everything, but I just can't stand the size.

don't listen to what people say about NBA balls. after about a week or two of breaking it in those things are amazing. they play with broken in balls (pause) in the league

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

don't listen to what people say about NBA balls. after about a week or two of breaking it in those things are amazing. they play with broken in balls (pause) in the league

A week? Try yearS. I think I have had mine about 4 yrs and it's still hard and plasticy

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

A week? Try yearS. I think I have had mine about 4 yrs and it's still hard and plasticy
just keep playing with it every day. never let it touch pavement. i had a homie with a broken in one and he said it took about 2 weeks and there is no comparison

Back
Top Bottom