NT, How do you deal with depression/ why are you home this friday night?

blast some R&B (if its females problem)

or any Hip-hop for pretty much every other problem. Gospel music when I'm definitely down and out
frown.gif

Title says it all. What do each and everyone of you do to have more positive energy incoming to your lives?

Why aren't you out partying? It's friday
glasses.gif

only reason i didnt go out tonight is cause a lady friend that i was supposed to hang out with just got outta work, meanwhile i couldve gone out for one of my coworkers birthday.

oh well. . .

Don't assume depression is the same as staying in on a Friday night, because it's not.

I do things to keep my mind off of whatever is depressing me... or listen to music.

I'm home tonight cuz i just got off work a little while ago... and im tired as $#@* from finals this week

Because I've had enough partying this year to last me a while. Not depressed though

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Title says it all. What do each and everyone of you do to have more positive energy incoming to your lives?

glasses.gif
Well to deal with depression, I think the best thing to do is to identify the thing that upsets me and just accept it. Like I just straight up decided not to go to prom this Saturday; I had a group of 10 set up with only two friends who I'm always cool with, had a suit on deck from last year, had some girl I could have gone with but never talked to ever besides recently, but during this past week, I've just said "%+%$ it, I don't want to do this." I've accepted my problem of hating to hang out in large groups. If I talk to people normally, why drop $40+ and dress up on one day just to prove that I can socialize? It's been a socially accepted thing, but I just don't agree with it. And I'm okay with people being mad or thinking how stupid my logic is. I'm fine. I'm not salty about anything, just I don't understand the reasoning behind it. Friends don't need dances or social events to prove that they are worthy friends.

Like it's just that I can't handle being with too many people at once that I have to give my energy towards. School is different because you can tune out anyone you want, but I just feel uncomfortable trying to give off the impression the entire time that I want to talk to all of those people during things like prom or dances or etc.

I smoked a bit with my good friend today who was pretty cool about my situation and said that everyone has their own ups and downs, although he is going to prom. So I've decided to just stop worrying about it and it's been pretty relaxing just knowing I'm happy with my decision.

my heart was set on doing one thing tonight and it didn't happen
had a long week, fell asleep watching tv around 7pm and woke back up
plus, i started getting into more and more fights
a few years ago i broke both my wrists in a fight, i am an idiot
getting too old, most of my friends are married with children
and i stopped drinking a year ago

there you go

Man I went out and had a few beers with people, and was done at like 10 now I am here less than an hour later. Was hoping to get closer to a friends sister since he moved away for the summer, but she showed up with some dude she met at the damn grocery store a few days ago. Decided I didn't want to stay out and drink so just called it a night. I feel good that I don't drink much anymore, but I've had it with this town I live in. I don't smoke but I sure could go for some green right now, just lay back and listen to music, but trying to find a job is keeping me from that. Real talk though I think I might be getting depressed. Since I moved from my college town it seems like things have gone downhill the last few years. Nobody lives in the place I live now, and I don't even care to get out and meet new people here. The only people I hang out with are either always busy or getting married, and I hate always having to drive an hour north or south to go chill with people.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

glasses.gif
Well to deal with depression, I think the best thing to do is to identify the thing that upsets me and just accept it. Like I just straight up decided not to go to prom this Saturday; I had a group of 10 set up with only two friends who I'm always cool with, had a suit on deck from last year, had some girl I could have gone with but never talked to ever besides recently, but during this past week, I've just said "%+%$ it, I don't want to do this." I've accepted my problem of hating to hang out in large groups. If I talk to people normally, why drop $40+ and dress up on one day just to prove that I can socialize? It's been a socially accepted thing, but I just don't agree with it. And I'm okay with people being mad or thinking how stupid my logic is. I'm fine. I'm not salty about anything, just I don't understand the reasoning behind it. Friends don't need dances or social events to prove that they are worthy friends.

Like it's just that I can't handle being with too many people at once that I have to give my energy towards. School is different because you can tune out anyone you want, but I just feel uncomfortable trying to give off the impression the entire time that I want to talk to all of those people during things like prom or dances or etc.

I smoked a bit with my good friend today who was pretty cool about my situation and said that everyone has their own ups and downs, although he is going to prom. So I've decided to just stop worrying about it and it's been pretty relaxing just knowing I'm happy with my decision.
Step it son....

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

I don't deal with depression, I deal with procrastination!! I swear it's worst then depression.

tell me about it
smh.gif
, I got finals next week and haven't finished studying

Originally Posted by ricky robot

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Don't assume depression is the same as staying in on a Friday night, because it's not.
Word. What kind of insecure *!*% is that?
laugh.gif
EL OH EL!
laugh.gif

I mixed two topics into one because I thought it'd be a good idea.

i find nothing cheers me up more than music. i just got home from a local metal show

my ears are still ringing
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

glasses.gif

Sounds like misguided anger/frustration to me..

Home on a Friday night to save money and formulate a plan to make more. DUH! How to deal with depression? Make more money.

dude the standard shouldnt be going out on friday or saturday nights. the standard should be doing what you want to do on friday and saturday nights. if i want to stay in, chill solo or with a few friends, order a pizza and play halo 3, then more power to me ya know.

now if you WANT to go out, and CANT go out (for one social reason or another), then I can see how that can lead to depression. you shouldnt, however, assume thats the case with all people. my advice for you is to try to expand your circle of friends to include people that drink/go clubbing.

being home on a friday night has nothing to do with depression, i don't see how you linked those two together.

edit: Theta said it best
[table][tr][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

I have horrible social anxiety yet I still manage to have a great group of friends and a pretty good social life. I just got back from a great time tonight.

Just deal with it.

its late.   And I'm super blitzed.  Tshis  must be a toucjy subject for some folk but yo know its de[pressin and that stuff is crazzyyyy

Back
Top Bottom