NT, I'm at a crossroads and I need help.

Thanks for breaking it down for me. I'm glad that all of you see what I'm going through first hand. I think my biggest problem is I don't take things a day at a time. I want everything to happen right away.
no problem b - sometimes you have to find the positives in order to keep moving although sometimes is hard.

You're probably having a quarter-life crisis. I went through the same thing last summer. I felt I wasn't going anywhere n like I was trapped. Get away for a few days, clear your mind so you can gather your thoughts. It seems like your going through a lot of stress, so get away from that stressful atmosphere n do some things that make you happy. Take a walk every now n then, it helps with self reflection. Don't worry OP, you're just starting your journey, you'll be just fine.
a lot of people have been there brah, I was there for the last twoish years. just keep doing positive things and you'll break through that wall.

Only thing that helps me out with depression is gettin this money man. If I'm sad , I get money. If the garden tools ain't effing with me , I get money. That cheers me up alot op.

for the past 8 yeas since college ive been down dude , why im still here time knows
you aint the only one and young

dont laugh but you interested in fortune telling? i remember one time some psychic astrologer pointed out reasons why this and that, and gave a heads up on when the time gets better. go a renowned one and maybe you get some new insight.

I'm about to graduate from my CC at 22, this is the only thing I see I could of done faster.no one to blame but me. 4 years to get a associates. First in my family. I had to pave the way for others. I just really wish I could of done it faster but as I'm typing this I feel good , I feel like I'm finally forgiving myself and have this last semester to give it my all.

How do ya cope with the feeling of going to school and bring home no bacon.

Have faith man. Gotta stay positive, especially at your worst. You're almost there, just know that. Keep being positive and waking up each day feeling energized and ready to live well. You'll find that chick soon. I was in your shoes and things turned around for me because I stayed positive. Stay positive and take chances. Talk to people, women, etc. just live well and confidently.
No doubt, my man. Thanks for those words. I need to find a way to remain positive. My anger is triggered to quickly it's a shame :smh:
Meditate. Or simply any time you feel anger roaring its head, since you're aware of it, close your eyes and take a few long deep breaths to clear your head. Meditating would help a lot though. Just be positive, calm and confident and you'll be ok. The Universe may challenge us at times, but it's how we react that matters. Make the best of what's available. Do yoga or something. Interact with women, be confident, and everything will come together. You're a beacon of love and good intentions for all living creatures. Remind yourself of that when you're down. Everything will be fine b. I'm breaking through that wall now and seeing those diamonds makes this whole journey worth it. Patient, positivity and confident action.

You've got a great future long ahead of you man

As long as you have a stable mind,your health and an education..you'll be great

Stay up b safe and remember everything is just going to get better

Life isn't a race. It's a marathon. If you spend all your time pointing out what you aren't doing, you're looking at life the wrong way. Be thankful for all that you have.

Are you in good health? You have a job right? You're in school right? All of these are things to be proud of and celebrate.

If you don't like where you're at in life, change it up then. Small changes to your outlook make a world of difference.

Positivity goes a long way in life.
Every failure or misstep is an opportunity to learn and grow from.

OP if you ever need someone to listen, my mailbox is always open. Peace brother.

Also, not having a girl at this point in your life is GREAT!!!

You can come and go as you please, this is a great time to focus your energy on self improvement as opposed to focusing on making another person happy. Truth is you can NEVER truly make another happy if you aren't happy with yourself.

Stay up fam. I've had the same issues.

Late night anxiety tossing and turning in bed thinking about all the things you aren't doing or don't have in life.

I know that feel famb. Its terrible.

You have to look that life in the eyes, and spit in its face and say "I'm a man. I can handle any obstacle in life. I will get through this and I will succeed, eventually at all costs."

Things won't roll out all at once, but if you just take the time, sit down and plan out what you want out of life, and go for those goals one at a time, you'll see your graduation, you'll see a better work environment or maybe even a new better job, you'll see women surrounding you, and you'll see your past stressful life behind you. It just takes time, b. But it all starts with a goal, a plan, and a will to succeed.

It sounds like you just have a bunch of little things that have built up to become one big thing. Its not like you're sick and you can't pay your medical bills and you're home is about to be foreclosed and you just lost a family member.

No, these are all things that can be solved and conquered with just a little time and patience along with some planning and execution. And I know you can do it.

So as cliche and it sound, just keep that head up. And don't let the worries of the world become too tall for you to look over. You're in full control over your life.

Last edited:
NT fam is clutch. I appreciate the words of wisdom and encouragement, the PM's. Let's me know that this is indeed more than a message board. I decided today is like starting over. New day. 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Ran out of reps on the first page. When i get those back, I'll rep the rest of ya.

NT fam is clutch. I appreciate the words of wisdom and encouragement, the PM's. Let's me know that this is indeed more than a message board. I decided today is like starting over. New day. :nthat:

Good to see your feeling better, sometimes just getting the way your feeling off your chest and some positive words from friends can do wonders. Stay positive fam.

OP, I'm 26 and recently quit a toxic corporate job with nothing immediate lined up -- my last day was about two weeks ago.  My plan was to learn code and tackle an internet startup idea.  To the outsiders, this was a stupid move.  To me, it was a calculated risk I would regret in 10 years if I didn't try.  While I'm confident in my ability to market myself and get a few interviews, having the secure 9-5 gone (by choice) was more mentally manageable when I knew I could expect a paycheck.  As you can imagine, a burden of doubt continually tries to cloud my vision every day, but I told myself I need a struggle like this to make sure my next step is something I really  want.  I feel like I can't discuss this stuff with my "friends" because they're not the type to listen and be compassionate.

All we can do is look in the mirror and face the cards we're dealt.  How we respond is ultimately what matters.  Happiness is a choice -- choose it every day.  Some days are better than others; not every day has to be sunshine and roses, which is OK -- the sun always rises again in the morning.

I keep a journal of positive writings including quotes; here's one for you (forgot where I got it from):
Remember, life is a journey.  If you got everything you wanted all at once there'd be no point to living.  Enjoy the ride, and in the end you'll see these "set backs" as giant leaps foward, only you couldn't see the bigger picture in the moment.  Remain calm, all is within reach; all you have to do is show up everyday, stay true to your path and you will surely find the treasure you seek.
I'm glad you decided to share your situation because I'm going through a similar struggle and I'm a lurker.  It's always nice to know you're not the only one.  Feel free to PM me anything, anytime -- same for anyone who'd like to talk.  I was actually considering curating a bunch of motivational stories of people who've pushed through the struggle -- something like Reddit targeted at struggling 20-somethings.  If you think it's something you'd find helpful, let me know.

Let us know how you're doing, OP.

Keep your head up man, you're not the only one going through tough times. I've gone through a rough patch in my life not too long ago similar to you. Being pessimistic will get you nowhere, I know it's hard but you gotta remain or try to be optimistic and things will get better in time. You're still young fam, you're not at the crossroads yet. If it makes you feel any better I'm 25 in a 4 year college and only a sophomore and been in school for 2 years already :smh: (transferred from community college); and due to work I don't think I'll be graduating any time soon, my gpa is above 3.0 but due to me being out of highschool for 7 years Im not eligible for Georgias hope scholarship. Now that I'm coming out of pocket it'll only slow me down more. We all go through tough times, we either let it get the best of us or overcome it. We here for you fam.

Love y'all dudes, man. For real. Almost shed a tear reading the last few pages.
Making me shed a tear OP

Glad you're feeling positive

Stay up and push forward 

Takes time, you'll get where you want to be

I feel the same way and I'm still in high school 

Have no idea where I want to apply, which would be best for myself, my family, my own future

Under my parents roof and I get stressed 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Chiming in late, but I'm glad you're feeling better in such a short amount of time adobecs4 adobecs4 .

Keeping your head up and knowing better days are ahead is the way to go. Dwelling on the tough times, as hard it is not to, will only make the situation worse.

Glad to see things getting better OP, I'm sure a lot us can relate to your situation. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom