NT: I'm not religous but I want to go to Confession

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Do these things still exist? Haven't been to one in 9 years... Anyway, Iwas[/color]
smokin.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]'ing and I realized I feel the need to go to confession.. I mean, Idon't even believe in the church, but growing up in a Catholic family (no one here is religious) I just always have that[/color]
grin.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]percentage of me that follows the morals aspect of it.. Am I really supposed to tell himeverything? Do any of you feel like you can trust them?[/color]

If you're not religious i dont see the point. If you're more spiritual or just what to get stuff off your chest write your confessionalon on paper andburn it. Dont understand why you would confess to a stranger when you dont believe in the significance of it

... Just tell NT everything that you would say to a priest. Save yourself the trip homey. We won't judge you..........

i've gone to a catholic school and raised catholic all my life so i feel where you're coming from.

im not catholic ,though, and one of the main reasons is because they believe you have to confess your sins to a priest and not straight to god.

Originally Posted by cartune

If you're not religious i dont see the point. If you're more spiritual or just what to get stuff off your chest write your confessionalon on paper and burn it. Dont understand why you would confess to a stranger when you dont believe in the significance of it
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Yeah this is what I was getting at
laugh.gif
[/color]

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Even if you are religious why go to confessional? I always seen the church as a problem withreligion...yes it teaches you, but why am i going to talk to another human being about my sins and what not when i can kneel down and pray to godmyself...[/color]

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Even if you are religious why go to confessional? I always seen the church as a problem with religion...yes it teaches you, but why am i going to talk to another human being about my sins and what not when i can kneel down and pray to god myself...[/color]

They were pre 1900 psychiatrists.

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Even if you are religious why go to confessional? I always seen the church as a problem with religion...yes it teaches you, but why am i going to talk to another human being about my sins and what not when i can kneel down and pray to god myself...[/color]

cosign

Confession isn't just about admitting your sins and dealing with yourself its specifically about cathartically unburdening your soul and having anotherhuman being say to you "No matter what you did you are loved", that human connection and absolution is a very important part of the process.

The point of confession is to confess your sins to a priest who, by way of God, forgives you. Don't do it just bc you need someone to talk to or vent. Ifthat's all you need, do it in an informal way with a priest, friend, etc.

Originally Posted by FreshPrince

... Just tell NT everything that you would say to a priest. Save yourself the trip homey. We won't judge you..........

pimp.gif
thats an excellent idea!

I haven't gone to confession in about 13 years......

If I did I would spend a couple years straight doing Prayers to rid my sins

How about this:

- Go to confession
- Then report on what good it did for you

Personally I don't see much of a gain for you...If you feel better about yourself then cool...

i'm Catholic and confession is really hard for me. i think it's easier to ask God for forgiveness directly, which I try to do every day but i never doanything to stop myself from commiting the same sin over and over again. the whole purpose of confession is to make you accountable. think of it as a balancebetween your physical and spiritual being. spiritually, everything you think and feel is between you and God. physically, you are asking for forgiveness outloud to a priest, who offeres you guidance. trust me, they have heard every sin possible so they can give you guidance on how to prevent you from doing itagain. if you truly repent and ask forgiveness, it is granted. but if the next day you go out and commit that same sin, you can confess to the priest all youwant...God knows what you've been doing. the priest is suppose to help you not to do it again. hopefully i'm making sense

i hope this helps with some of you who aren't Catholic and have questions about confession. it is one of the seven sacraments the Catholic church practicesto help us with building up the body of Christ. even if you aren't religious or believe in God, i don't see any harm in trying to make yourself feelbetter spiritually. good luck!

Back
Top Bottom