NT Official Dark Knight Question Thread

Post your questions about the movie here--I won't answer them, but the knowledgeable folks of nt definitely will!
--------

so my girlfriend and i were watching dark knight at the dollar theater (second time we saw it at the theater)

and she pointed out that when batman was told by joker the two addresses of both dent and rachel, batman is asked who he's going to get by gordon. he tellsgordon rachel--which i missed (both times) but my girlfriend caught.

did batman inadvertently go after dent or did he tell gordon and co. the wrong address? did joker switch the addresses that he told batman and gordon becausehe knew batman would go after rachel?

i told my girlfriend that, either way, joker would have won, regardless of who batman went after. joker knew that only batman could get to them, but did heWANT him to go after dent while KNOWING batman would go after rachel?

and what bothers you more morally? him going after dent or rachel?

i know its a hard to answer question that i couldnt really explain, but i know you batman heads have an answer. i come to you, because i am impressed byeveryone here's batman background.

I think Joker mixed up the addresses for Batman.

The moral dilemma is what makes that scene so dope, it forces Batman to ignore his moral compass and let someone die. Joker is that dude,
pimp.gif

I'm pretty sure that the Joker told him the wrong addresses knowing that Batman would probably go after Rachel. If I were Batman, I would probably go afterRachel, too. When you have to make quick decisions like he had to, you'd probably listen to your heart instead of your brain.

Yea...he did mix them up on purpose...and batman caught a fail when he went to go get dent...if i was batman when i walked in and saw dent tied up i wouldvesaid "whoa..you aint rachel!...PAYCE" and left him there..smh

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

I'm pretty sure that the Joker told him the wrong addresses knowing that Batman would probably go after Rachel. If I were Batman, I would probably go after Rachel, too. When you have to make quick decisions like he had to, you'd probably listen to your heart instead of your brain.

Excellent choice of words, this shows that Batman is just human like all of us. He chose to go after Rachel because he is still in love with her, when it isobvious that he should go after Dent because he's the only one that can put all the mob bosses behind bars.

I think he gave him the right address. Batman knew that in order for him to be with Rachel, he would need someone take his spot which would be Dent.

That was the point. The Joker throughout the whole movie was trying to show Batman, as much as he thought he was a real hero, that he couldn't be.

Batman got caught up living a double life and the Joker fed off of that and used it show Batman that he couldn't do both. His whole struggle throughout

the movie is Batman being over extended and causing more harm than help. The fact remains that Gotham is a corrupt city. The Joker is trying to destroy

the corrupt city while Batman wants to protect it. Plus Batman is a corporate mogule and has much to financially gain from Gotham. So Batman is

living/playing on both sides while the Joker knows his place which makes him far more effective. Batman is naturally going to catch hell trying maintain a

corrupt status quo. So to sum it up, I think he had the right addresses and he knew it, but it was gonna be hard for him to do both and that was the

point. To slap him with it in the face and show him that he couldn't do both. It's either one or the other.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

if harvey had died and rachel lived there would have been no two face
captainobvious.jpg

clearly the case, but the jokers plan all along wasnt to create 2 face. It was to push Batman over the edge. He knew he would pick Racheal so he switched theaddresses.

Originally Posted by torgriffith

I think he gave him the right address. Batman knew that in order for him to be with Rachel, he would need someone take his spot which would be Dent.

That was the point. The Joker throughout the whole movie was trying to show Batman, as much as he thought he was a real hero, that he couldn't be.

Batman got caught up living a double life and the Joker fed off of that and used it show Batman that he couldn't do both. His whole struggle throughout

the movie is Batman being over extended and causing more harm than help. The fact remains that Gotham is a corrupt city. The Joker is trying to destroy

the corrupt city while Batman wants to protect it. Plus Batman is a corporate mogule and has much to financially gain from Gotham. So Batman is

living/playing on both sides while the Joker knows his place which makes him far more effective. Batman is naturally going to catch hell trying maintain a

corrupt status quo. So to sum it up, I think he had the right addresses and he knew it, but it was gonna be hard for him to do both and that was the

point. To slap him with it in the face and show him that he couldn't do both. It's either one or the other.

WRONG! He switched the addresses.

huh? i thought he told gordon he'd get rachel cause he couldnt trust gordon's people and that he was planning on rescuing dent all along, and i thoughtthat gordon went to rachel in order to back batman up

and whats this about switching addresses, werent they both there to hear joker give the addresses to both locations?

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

I think Joker mixed up the addresses for Batman.

The moral dilemma is what makes that scene so dope, it forces Batman to ignore his moral compass and let someone die. Joker is that dude,
pimp.gif
correct
/thread

no thread jack but why does joker tell two different stories about how he got the scars on his face???????????????

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

I'm pretty sure that the Joker told him the wrong addresses knowing that Batman would probably go after Rachel. If I were Batman, I would probably go after Rachel, too. When you have to make quick decisions like he had to, you'd probably listen to your heart instead of your brain.

Excellent choice of words, this shows that Batman is just human like all of us. He chose to go after Rachel because he is still in love with her, when it is obvious that he should go after Dent because he's the only one that can put all the mob bosses behind bars.
i believe wayne said in the beginning that batman has no limits. this part of the movie proved him otherwise...

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

huh? i thought he told gordon he'd get rachel cause he couldnt trust gordon's people and that he was planning on rescuing dent all along, and i thought that gordon went to rachel in order to back batman up

and whats this about switching addresses, werent they both there to hear joker give the addresses to both locations?

When I watched the scene it seemed like Gordon's men were slowing him down on rescuing rachel. But we knew who they were dirty to begin with. Could Batmanreally rely on anyone else in the PD for backup besides Gordon???

I think he gave him the right address.

i know he gave him the wrong one

two-face holds up gordons family "where she died", she being rachel. at 250 52nd street...which was where the joker had told Batman where harvey was.

harvey was actually at avenue x and cicero

I think batman purposely chose Dent because the city needs eomeone to look up to and batman can't be that person because hes not always around. If Dentdies then the city will collapse. Thats why in the end no one can know what happened to Dent...

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Do you think after all the traps Joker had for Batman, that he would go right in there following Jokers directions word for word???? IMO I think it was hisreaction to do the reverse of what Batman would think the Joker would think he would do. That was basically Batmans' only way to fight back in thatsituation, but even then he still loss. Just my outlook

Originally Posted by enyceking

Originally Posted by enyceking

no thread jack but why does joker tell two different stories about how he got the scars on his face???????????????
anyone?

IMO I think it was because he was trying to show everyone that his existence was born out of the corruption of the city and how that led to the woes of thecitizens personal life. He talked about how his dad was a fiend to the Gamble ( who dealt in that business), and was talking about his wife's self esteemto Rachel.

I was always under the impression that Joker switched the addresses. That's why Dent was so angry because he thought Batman chose to save him. Batman wasreally trying to save Rachel, which is what Dent would have wanted, but Joker made it so that Dent would turn on Batman.

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Do you think after all the traps Joker had for Batman, that he would go right in there following Jokers directions word for word???? IMO I think it was his reaction to do the reverse of what Batman would think the Joker would think he would do. That was basically Batmans' only way to fight back in that situation, but even then he still loss. Just my outlook
Batman's human, and his imperfections were exploited when he went for his heart, instead of the logical choice. Plus if you read the post upfrom you, you would see that the Joker names the wrong street on purpose.

Btw Joker tells 2 diff. stories on how he got the scars imo because 1 he doesn't know how he got them and 2 he varies the stories to make them appropriateto the situation he is currently in. Hence why he switched it to him pleasing his wife when he had Rachel in his hands.

Back
Top Bottom