NT Official Summer Dates/Date Ideas Thread

Been meaning to start this thread for a while because I need some help NT brethren.
Summer's here, the sun is shining, and the lady and I have a lot of time on our hands now that we're both done with school and all that. I thought I'd share a few date ideas and see what you all had to offer as well, so that we can all keep things fun and spontaneous over the summer. As people post, I'll update the list with their post or a summary of their post. Hope we can help out one another. They don't all have to be dates either, unique ways to spend time together are very appreciated.

So far:

Headed to the beach and caught some rays

Went to the local Farmer's Market, picked out some fruits, breads, and desserts and had a picnic in the park

Looked for college wear at the Salvation Army (I refuse to wear anything there, she does though)

Bought plain white mugs from the dollar store and designed them with sharpies, baked them in the oven to make the designs permanent

Made a nice dinner at home

Ate at the Melting Pot (fondue spot)

Went to see the Wizard of Oz play

Headed to a fishing spot (caught no fish 
mad.gif
)

Work out together

Dog walking in the park

Other ideas:

Hit up some local festivals (we really don't have much going on here though, so we may need to head to Ann Arbor or something)

Take massage therapy classes together

Do yoga

Go to a "design it yourself" pottery place

Train for/run a 5k together

I have more but I'm forgetting them. Post up NT 
smokin.gif

Have sex.

Nah, Me and shorty that I'm talking to are going to do some paintballing, and we both taking motorcycle classes at the same spot.

She a trooper so far
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lots of concerts in the park out in LA- Griffith observatory day or night - universal city walk- hitting up the dog beach

Scuba Diving
Dave and Busters
Paintballing
Take Latin Dance classes
Karaoke
Sky Diving
River Rafting
Six Flags
Mudding
Hunting

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Chelsea vs AC Milan July 28 Miami
pimp.gif
(i dont like sports though)
that's deep.
so far:

walk in the park

went to see moonrise kingdom. (she loved it)

planning:

cardinals game(go to stl summer date)

summer park concerts

Amusement Parks

Cooking together is always fun

Museums

Running at the canyons

Sight seeing

The cheapest one that always works is go in the backyard at night and look at the stars. Of course you gotta have a nice backyard.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Chelsea vs AC Milan July 28 Miami
pimp.gif
(i dont like sports though)

Are any kind of sporting events fun when you're under 21? Or if I go to a baseball game will I just be sitting pissed off the entire time because I'm not drunk like everyone else?
A lot of you guys are lucky enough to actually live near anything.... I'm near Flint, MI and everything is 
sick.gif

Good ideas. Me and my gf were brainstorming possible summer dates as well. Something different and new compared to the usual dinner and a movie. Plus we also made a pact that we should at least do something active at the same time.

- Biking near the boardwalk is one idea.

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

Good ideas. Me and my gf were brainstorming possible summer dates as well. Something different and new compared to the usual dinner and a movie. Plus we also made a pact that we should at least do something active at the same time.

- Biking near the boardwalk is one idea.

Yeah, we've been attempting to ride our bikes everyday, if not at the park then at least around the neighborhood. We're trying to figure out some other things besides the dinner and movie type as well. Sometimes it's just difficult to find stuff depending on your area though 
frown.gif

If you're in the Chi I highly recommend taking the water taxi ride roundtrip which is about an hour long.  Me and my family went Sunday evening and it was very dope.  

-Fishing
-Hiking
-Camping out for a weekend and jumping off cliffs into water holes
-Minor or Major League baseball games. Relaxing, just chill out, eat some food and drink beer.
-Boating and Tubing. If any of your friends has a boat, make it a double date, bring some drinks and relax all day.
-Kayaking, good workout as well.
-Outdoor movies (most cities have them)
-Cheap concerts in small bars or outdoor venues, even if you don't know the band it's usually a good time.
-Road Trips to anywhere close and stay in cheap hotels.  
-Go Karts
-Light off fireworks and run away
-Get a good view of the city and drink all night.
-Do illegal @+%!

Originally Posted by bruce negro

Been meaning to start this thread for a while because I need some help NT brethren.
Summer's here, the sun is shining, and the lady and I have a lot of time on our hands now that we're both done with school and all that. I thought I'd share a few date ideas and see what you all had to offer as well, so that we can all keep things fun and spontaneous over the summer. As people post, I'll update the list with their post or a summary of their post. Hope we can help out one another. They don't all have to be dates either, unique ways to spend time together are very appreciated.

So far:

Headed to a fishing spot (caught no fish 
mad.gif
)
laugh.gif

Simp thread in disguise?
nerd.gif

These ideas seem dope, sadly I live in a town that has nothing
30t6p3b.gif
may have to do a road trip if I can get off on a weekend

Melting Pot's oils are too oily.

desserts are nice though, they do well in that department.

ive thrown it out there a bunch but: make your own pizza date. nice bottle of wine while you two cook/prep/flirt, and before you know it im hearing "thats it?" and shes walking home disappointed and im watching Sportscenter
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BishopStrongBow

Have sex.

Nah, Me and shorty that I'm talking to are going to do some paintballing, and we both taking motorcycle classes at the same spot.

She a trooper so far
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not really a DATE, but the dog park is a peaceful place to go and just watch.
Watch the dogs and there are always single women walking their dogs at the park. Don't sleep. You can clean up at a dog park. Seriously.
And to dude that said paintballing? Horrible idea in the summer. You need layers for paintballing to protect yourself. And you can't do that in the summer because of the heat. Might want to do that in October/November when the weather is suitable. 

Yea baseball games are so peaceful man. You are just essentially sitting outside, enjoying the nature and the company of whoever you are with. Baseball games are nice man.

I went on a date the other night to a local blues bar. We both had a great time. It was honestly one of the funnest nights I have had in a while. Really it is relative to your and your dates interests as well as location. On another note one thing that I always found fun was going to baseball games.

Originally Posted by bruce negro

So far:

Bought plain white mugs from the dollar store and designed them with sharpies, baked them in the oven to make the designs permanent

great idea..
smokin.gif
...can peep your finished product?

Back
Top Bottom