NT: Opions on some Cars (Pics)...ACURA heads come on in.

I was possibly in the market for a newer vehicle. I currently have a integra gsr as pictured. 1998 with 85k (as pictured). Been a really reliable car to meand more of a weekend car. I have a lot of people interested in taking it off my hands so I decided to see what else I could purchase. I wanted to step mygame up to a more grown man vehicle and found a 2001 Acura CL Type S with 52k and dude wants $9500 for it. I could probably try and talk him to $9000. ShouldI go ahead and try and sell my GSR and get the CL? Anyone have the CL-S before? Opinions. I know they had a lot of transmission issues.

121141133ZZZZZZZZZ8aoea8b8f09820114e3.jpg

ur integra is beautiful fam. i'm 27 and i wouldn't mind driving that integ. save ur money.

but if you really are gonna get the CL, it's a great vehicle. and it sounds like the owner barely even drove it. as far as the ****** goes, i think thetrannies on all acuras are just about the same. i used to have a 96 integ and the ****** on that thing gave out at 90k miles. my friend had a CL and he alsohad to replace the ****** at around 100k miles.

WOW. the exterior condition of your GSR looks flawless ( i don't see any dinks on the door). as a current owner of an '01 GSR (85k too), iwouldn't sell it for the CL type S. I would keep your car as a daily driver for as long as you can until you establish some sort of career whereyou're able to buy better luxury/prestigious car for poops and giggles. your car is more wanted than the classifieds than the CL will ever be. especiallyif it's never been tampered with, just daily driven. imo, GSR > CLtypeS.

do you take it to the dealership for maintence? because the 90k timing belt is coming up and it costs a grip.

yeah...my Integ is actually in immaculate condition as I've babied it and I haven't modified it what so ever except a new deck. All the maintenanceincluding the timing belt and water pump was done a few thousand miles ago. Are CL's reliable or do they have certain issues?

i would keep the gsr, then get something real nice when u have more money saved up

KEEP THE GSR.. no question.. I doubt you live in NY, but i had 2 GSRs of mine stolen. Such a hot car. literally.

I can't really speak about the CL's reliability or issues. That's something you probably have to take up on Google or better yet, CL owners. Ofcourse, not from the seller though, he'll probably give you a bias reason to make you think CL's are great.

I honestly wouldn't sell your GSR for the CL man, think about it hard! And like somebody else said before me,

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
i would keep the gsr, then get something real nice when u have more money saved up

[/td] [/tr][/table]

I currently drive a 2001 CL-S. I am a big fan of the CL, and I also own a first generation CL as well. With that said, the '01 CL-S does have as youpointed out transmission problems.

My ****** went out around 40k, and the local Acura dealership replaced it for free. I know that Acura did replace the faulty transmissions for free, but I amnot sure if that deal had a time/mileage limit or not, so I suggest finding that out beforehand as well as finding out if the ****** has been replaced in thevehicle you are thinking about purchasing.

Another problem with '01 CL-S's are the SRS/airbag sensor that is located in the passenger seat. The sensor has a tendency to think that there is smallchild in the front seat and thus turns the passenger side airbag off. The sensor can be triggered by something as small as a book in the seat. This problem canbe addressed by the dealer, but the cost varies from dealer to dealer (although I know plenty of '01 CL-S owners who got theirs fixed under warranty).

I have not run into any problems with my CL-S besides those two. The car is still fun to drive and is also very good looking in my opinion. The car has morethen enough power with regards to acceleration, top speed, and passing power. As a daily driver, I feel it is hard to beat a CL-S. Although, because the car is7 years old, the technology is somewhat dated, but it still has heated seats, navi (optional), HID/xenon headlights, etc. Personally, I am thinking aboutgetting an '03 CL-S because they were offered in stick, unlike the '01 & '02 CL-S's which were only offered in automatic (plus theydon't have the transmission problems because they are manual).

If you need more info about the car itself and what others think I suggest checking out the following websites:
http://www.geocities.com/gamesmgr/chod/acura/#Info3http://www.geocities.com/gamesmgr/chod/acura/#Info3 and http://cl.acurazine.com/forums/http://cl.acurazine.com/forums/ .

Overall, I am very pleased with my car and enjoy it thoroughly and would most definitely recommend it. I used to own both an Integra and an RSX and would alsosuggest that you look into RSX's. The RSX-S was the most fun to drive (in my opinion), but the CL is a much more grown-looking vehicle and also serves amuch more utilitarian purpose (for instance a back seat that can actually accommodate adults!).

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by krazyl3gz

is it an auto or manual cl-s?
the 01 is an auto only 03s came in 6 speed. Anyways the CL type S is reliable to me. Drive a TL and CL both cars have been very reliable and noproblems with the ******. As long as you do regular maintenance and oil change you should be fine. Oh btw clean gsr. I would keep the gsr instead of gettinga CL

Has the CL-S really dropped that much in price?
Before I got my M3 (1 year ago), I looked at them and they were in the same price range (15-20k).
Now my brother is looking for a car, and maybe a 6MT CL-S would be nice for him.

There are always going to be people in the market for integras because they're just so popular and because they're amazing daily drivers.
If you want to step up, then why not?

IMO going from a Integra to a CL is not much of a step up IMO .. Keep your vehicle and have fun with it .. Good reliable and cheap on gas, plus I bet aroundthe NY area you probably could get more for GSR than the CL and that's no lie ...

Keep the GSR! DC's are timeless in my book. The only car I would sell my DC for would probably be a TL.

I'd stay away from the 01-02 CL's cause of the transmission issues...also for that price you should be able to find an 03 with a 6-speed which has notranny issues...I drive an 03 Type-S with a 6 speed and love it...you should check out Acurazine.com for more info...

16atijr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom