NT Please school me on HDMI Cables?

I'm currently using an LED/LCD television and wish to connect my PS3 to it, but of course Sony only provides AV cables.
Which HDMI cable should I get? Why are they so expensive and yet others are so cheap? Whats the difference in technology??

and of course...

Do you have any recommended brands/price ranges I should be looking for? 

Thanks!

I'm currently using an LED/LCD television and wish to connect my PS3 to it, but of course Sony only provides AV cables.
Which HDMI cable should I get? Why are they so expensive and yet others are so cheap? Whats the difference in technology??

and of course...

Do you have any recommended brands/price ranges I should be looking for? 

Thanks!

Monoprice.com is all you need. Don't fall into the expensive cable hype. But you def need to get HDMI to take advantage of the HD. Some people think it just comes with the TV.

Monoprice.com is all you need. Don't fall into the expensive cable hype. But you def need to get HDMI to take advantage of the HD. Some people think it just comes with the TV.

My advice is just pick up the cheap HDMI cables from newegg.com... I got 3 of em for $15 and they work perfect.

I'm sure some videophiles on here will lambast me.. but I sure as hell cannot tell the difference between the cables (view quality).

My advice is just pick up the cheap HDMI cables from newegg.com... I got 3 of em for $15 and they work perfect.

I'm sure some videophiles on here will lambast me.. but I sure as hell cannot tell the difference between the cables (view quality).

$2.45 + Free shipping.
Works perfectly
pimp.gif

lulz @ dropping bread on a cable

All hdmi are the same, like stated above monoprice.com is the spot. The only thing that effects the pricing is the length.

Dnt buy into the name brandsI work for Dish so i deal with this from customers all the time and i get them for free

All hdmi are the same, like stated above monoprice.com is the spot. The only thing that effects the pricing is the length.

Dnt buy into the name brandsI work for Dish so i deal with this from customers all the time and i get them for free

Lotta people use Monster Cable, which is a good brand for HDMI cables, but fairly overpriced when a lot of their cables perform the same as the cheap counterparts. I used a $10 joint from Target and it works great. My suggestion is go for the thicker HDMI cable. The thicker the better the insulation and protection from "noise"

Lotta people use Monster Cable, which is a good brand for HDMI cables, but fairly overpriced when a lot of their cables perform the same as the cheap counterparts. I used a $10 joint from Target and it works great. My suggestion is go for the thicker HDMI cable. The thicker the better the insulation and protection from "noise"

if you have a frys electronic store near you, go there and buy it. i got my 6 ft. hdmi from there for .99 cent and they work great.

if you have a frys electronic store near you, go there and buy it. i got my 6 ft. hdmi from there for .99 cent and they work great.

Im using a $3 HDMI from monoprice on my led tv and it works great. Just as good as the $25 cable my mom got from Best Buy (smh).

For a basic ps3 setup, any cable will do fine

Im using a $3 HDMI from monoprice on my led tv and it works great. Just as good as the $25 cable my mom got from Best Buy (smh).

For a basic ps3 setup, any cable will do fine

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Honestly, I think any videophiles on this site will back you up.
When it comes to HDMI, "digital is digital".  You either get the signal or you don't. 
The ONLY problem I've ever heard of (rare) is when you are doing in wall installation over 100 ft.  I've heard people on avs forums complain about generic hdmi cords. 
Component cables (analog) is where a "higher quality" i.e. more expensive, cable might be better..
Like has been mentioned, monoprice.com is the way to go.
here you go dude.  6ft, 28 AWG

-J-

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Honestly, I think any videophiles on this site will back you up.
When it comes to HDMI, "digital is digital".  You either get the signal or you don't. 
The ONLY problem I've ever heard of (rare) is when you are doing in wall installation over 100 ft.  I've heard people on avs forums complain about generic hdmi cords. 
Component cables (analog) is where a "higher quality" i.e. more expensive, cable might be better..
Like has been mentioned, monoprice.com is the way to go.
here you go dude.  6ft, 28 AWG

-J-

laugh.gif

A cable is a cable? Wow. 

Get an AudioQuest HDMI cable...after a while those cheap cables will corrode, break, lose signal---cut up audio/video..

Back
Top Bottom