NT .. School me on the Nike Air Footscape

good stuff man. those livestrongs 
pimp.gif

Yea man those livestrongs have to make due for me not having the hideouts. I'm glad I copped when I did the price they are going for now
eek.gif

footscapes are awesome- super comfy, can be worn with anything and the shoe I get most compliments on from ladies!!!
Remember seeing them on release and having to have them- they were stupid expensive here in australia- $270!!!! But I had to have them and did! Been hooked ever since.

Re:wovens -they just don't suit my feet sold all mine but the white hamsters- and the new flywire/ free versions are just wrong- bet they are comfy as, but the upper and sole combo out of wak.
Here's my footscapes from a year or so ago- have been a couple added since
Anyone with the forest green in a size 10.5/11- holla!!

I get a lot of compliments in the Harris Tweeds by random people.

Those Clot Rasta footscapes were a quickstrike or similar in release.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Yes!

The Footscape released in 1995 and was designed by Toren Orzeck, who actually co-invented Foamposite (he worked at GE prior to Nike). Orzeck was part of Nike APE (Advanced Project Engineering), which explored non-conventional designs of footwear. The Footscape was a running shoe shaped by the human foot, and the off-center lacing system was designed to keep the tension from laces away from key stress points on the foot. It's obviously a cult hit - really huge overseas and in Japan.

I actually want a pair of the leopard or zebra print Footscapes. Those are dope.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Weird question, but why are these so popular in Japan? 
nerd.gif

-Drew

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Yes!

The Footscape released in 1995 and was designed by Toren Orzeck, who actually co-invented Foamposite (he worked at GE prior to Nike). Orzeck was part of Nike APE (Advanced Project Engineering), which explored non-conventional designs of footwear. The Footscape was a running shoe shaped by the human foot, and the off-center lacing system was designed to keep the tension from laces away from key stress points on the foot. It's obviously a cult hit - really huge overseas and in Japan.

I actually want a pair of the leopard or zebra print Footscapes. Those are dope.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Weird question, but why are these so popular in Japan? 
nerd.gif

-Drew
Probably due to the design, it really is unique. 

I think these are popular in Asia due to Hiroshi and Edison Chen.

I too slept on the dragon boat festival joints. I remember thinking I would get them cheaper than $150. Now they are non existent.

Navy/blue clear bottom and Grey/Pink clear bottoms hit outlets hard a couple years ago.

I bought 3 pairs of HTM Woven chukka mids at Nordstrom Rack a few years ago for $30 a pair and gave them to friends. Those just have the footscape soles tho.

I like footscape wovens with the footscape sole. I dont like the free soles on these.

Although I've gotta admit HF as one of the reasons,
I also have mention he wasn't the only or the original reason why they got popular here in JP originally tho.

It was rather because we, the Japanese tend to have wider foot width-wise comparing to the other races' and thus, the Footscape Last fit exceptionally well with our feet (and HF's praising of Footsapes came little later as far as I remember).

I only have two pairs...but I love 'em!  I've had my eye on the wovens for a while, but just haven't pulled the trigger.

Originally Posted by Mr T from the A

I think these are popular in Asia due to Hiroshi and Edison Chen.

I too slept on the dragon boat festival joints. I remember thinking I would get them cheaper than $150. Now they are non existent.

Navy/blue clear bottom and Grey/Pink clear bottoms hit outlets hard a couple years ago.

I bought 3 pairs of HTM Woven chukka mids at Nordstrom Rack a few years ago for $30 a pair and gave them to friends. Those just have the footscape soles tho.

I like footscape wovens with the footscape sole. I dont like the free soles on these.

I scored those navy/blue joints off eBay around that time. Still wearing one pair, another one is on ice.

Originally Posted by ta2and0

Although I've gotta admit HF as one of the reasons,
I also have mention he wasn't the only or the original reason why they got popular here in JP originally tho.

It was rather because we, the Japanese tend to have wider foot width-wise comparing to the other races' and thus, the Footscape Last fit exceptionally well with our feet (and HF's praising of Footsapes came little later as far as I remember).

I would've thought that the Japanese have much slimmer feet. That's an interesting fact I guess. 
nerd.gif

I'm guessing these would be comfortable to people with flat feet?

-Drew

Ahhh…, size-wise, it's definitely smaller than other races'.
But width-wise, our feet tend to be wider and i beleive the fact that some brands such as Asics release the width-wider sneaker(s) such as E, EE or wider just for the domestic market can clarify that point.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Anyone know how limited these were?

Those are real limited. They made 2 versions of that shoe. The one that came in a bamboo box is super limited!

I bought a DS pair of WC USA ones off eBay a while back and they are one of my favorite shoes but finding them is next to impossible for the more popular CW. Asia has it good on these!!!

Great shoe although I could never pull it off. Sold my acu clot joints awhile back. There is definitely more than 24 pairs. The family and friends were 24 with the special packaging but the dunkesto and footscape both release in tier 0 spots and some other spots that carried limited stuff around that time.

Back
Top Bottom