NT... Seriously... How good is "The Game

The Game is a gangsta rapper, so I don't expect any elaborate metaphors or vivid story-telling in his music...

I think he's good at what he does, he gives his fans what they expect, and he just stays in his lane.

I like his music but it's not something that I can listen to all the time...but I do think that LAX wasn't very good

He's not as good as the guy on The Documentary, and I hope he's not as wack as the guy on LAX . . .

In all honesty, Documentary is GREAT album, DA was so so, LAX was a @%@* sandwhich, the rapping on that album is some of the worst I've heard in alongtime, and now that I think of it, for a guy with 3 albums and countless mixtapes he's prolly only had 5 GREAT lyrical performances
1. Runnin
2. Hate It Or Love It
3. Why You Hate The Game
4. Letter To The King
5. Like Father Like Son

He is one of the better dudes doin it today, but to date he has no memorable verse like where you can sit in a room of hip hop heads and say . . . "It wasall a dream . . ." And EVERYone would know the next line . . . I don't think Game has a single verse like that, if he wants others to think he is asgood as HE thinks he is, he's gonna have to . . . Try harder I guess (if that's even possible for someone trying as hard as he is)

The Documentary has to be one of the best produced albums post this decade though.

The production on that album is disgusting.

He is one of the better dudes doin it today, but to date he has no memorable verse like where you can sit in a room of hip hop heads and say . . . "It was all a dream . . ." And EVERYone would know the next line . . . I don't think Game has a single verse like that, if he wants others to think he is as good as HE thinks he is, he's gonna have to . . . Try harder I guess (if that's even possible for someone trying as hard as he is)
Very true but...I know a lot of dudes in the hood who can recite every word to Ol English..It all depends on whoyour talking to but I still agree with that statement

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

The Game's not real to me, therefore he doesn't exist....
If you don't think he's real I would love for you to name a rapper that you consider "real"
nerd.gif

He's as real as they come, drops names instead of sublimenal's and speaks his mind at every moment which is why people call him bi-polar

hes not a top level rapper by any means, but i find him enjoyable...hes like the west coast TI to me. he rides beats effortlessly

He def got talent....... his mixtape stuff was dope....... but i cant stand at all now....... but i love this song.....

Game is iight.... he def got some good music out... but he needs to chill with all that bi polar %#!$.. and this is coming from a g-unit fan..

Only dude to make the West relevant again since Pac and he garbage? You !*%@$+ running a gaffle

he might have the best ear for beats in the game right now. but LAX album of the year? not hardly

^it's sure as hell better than any other mainstream release with the exception of maybe Emeritus and Rising Down

and i like Paper Trail and The Recession

To say the game is below average is crazy especially with the garbage rappers we have out today. If he stops with the name dropping I am sure many more peoplewould appreciate him more. The name dropping really gets out of hand, To sum up how bad his name drops are, Even on the My Life intro, he yells Tupac Biggiefor absolutely no reason. Everytime it comes on I have to fast forward 40sec so I dont hear the intro.

Originally Posted by threat6

^It was a good album. pretty much great but it was not better than Untitled

]

You're absolutely right, Untitled is on a different level. Even though it was one, i have a hard time registering it as a mainstream release.

its not just the albums...The Game does great on features and remixes, his mixtapes and diss records too
pimp.gif

The Game's first album was great.

Everything else has been mediocre at best. To be honest if he dropped a new album next week I wouldn't even check it. He just doesn't appeal to me.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

The Game's first album was great.

Everything else has been mediocre at best. To be honest if he dropped a new album next week I wouldn't even check it. He just doesn't appeal to me.

Co-sign.

His gimmick has worn off.

Originally Posted by Kneesh

He's one of my favorite rappers . His lyrics are just so real &nd dope to me . They're not complex or anything , it seems as if he just raps what he's thinking at that exact moment even if he's going to contradict himself in the next song .
yup

Back
Top Bottom