NT: Should I join a frat?

If you do it just do grad chapter. Honestly I know some cool Alphas and Ques from school. Some dudes in frats are lame but not all.

I joined my fraternity at 21 and the reason I did it was for networking purposes. Luckily for me there were guys your age that were actives there already cause they were in the military first. Here's what you can expect at your "advanced age" You will most likely be a dd for the older guys when you pledge and your pledge brothers will call you damn near everyday to buy alcohol for them. Also you will find yourself lying about your age to the sorority girls cause most of the ones that hang out around the house can't legally drink and 25 is old to a someone that's only a few months removed from high school. With all that being said, remember not to take it so seriously and just have fun and you will enjoy your time there.

Join a frat? You don't wanna end up like this dude...

Pie-a-Bro1.png

View media item 1214576

Average ages of pledges are 18-21. You a whole generation past them dude. Just go to the bars if you want to avoid getting hazed by a kid 6 years younger than you.

I want invites to all the events and top pick of the yambs if you go through. Being serious OP

depends on what school you are at and how strong greek presence is.

at your age, I would honestly just lean towards sitting it out. 

I was 22 when I transferred and felt old as hell already 
laugh.gif

This right here, I feel like lecturing dudes every time I see them sagging their pants 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

NT as a majority is anti greek......

while majority treat NT as a fraternity of some sorts....with tap tap pull...wearing para (NT hats and such), only following NT related things on social media or going to shoe summits and whatnot

To answer your Question OP. Do it if it feels right for you...BUT if you go greek, do it in moderation...i hate to see folks that are in social groups of any kind...even religious groups that walk around that their group or click is above everyone and everything else.

imo with your age i would possibly consider joining a grad chapter vs a undergrad chapter because your brothers will be 4-5 years younger on average by this point though. Most new brothers are around 19-20 years of age.

Im greek, (Phi Beta Sigma) , i love and respect it, but i dont let it consume me. Its just something extra I involved myself in on this wonderful journey in life. Life is all about experiences right??

My boy at ASU said if you're not in a frat, you're not getting into parties. period.
So, I think it depends on where you go to school.

Where do you go

Went to ASU and was in a frat, this isn't too far off, at least for freshman

excludes athletes to that rule 

We had a dude trying to keep James Harden out, talking about he wasn't on the list :lol:

Last edited:
If you think you can handle school on top of the social life you'll be getting involved in, why not.

I have bros that went on to become dentists, judges, and then I have some that never graduated and are still trying to finish school.

Personally, I had a dope experience, but the only thing I regret is letting my grades slip (got kicked out once too). I blame myself though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom