NT: Staying Positive Thread Vol. Good Vibes

Wassup again everyone,

Since we just lost an NT brother Chrisin2D and Thanksgiving is today.

I just want to give a minor troll bump of an old thread (and hopefully continued beneficial one at that) and I personally thank each and everyone of you for being an inspiration and contributing to this ongoing chain of strength and support. Especially when I myself (or many other fellow NTers) wanted to give up so many times in certain points of our lives life, during my entire time being on NT as well as, since starting this thread.

On a personal level, although I'm not making much, struggling paying my bills each day, working multiple jobs and trying to get a business venture off the ground. I'm most definitely thankful of having the little things, that many people around the world do not have: food, shelter, support (physical, mental and financial) and the means to live day by day to the fullest. 

Happy Thanksgiving NT peace, 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Do you have your eyes open for ways to grow?  When you do, you can find lessons in the most unlikely places.  Here are some great lessons from the wall at Jimmy John’s.  I find a lot of value in these statements, and re-read them most mornings.

I believe…

that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.

I believe…

that your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don’t even know you.

I believe…

that even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.

I believe…

that credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.

I believe…

that the people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon.

I believe…

that sometimes when I’m angry I have the right to be angry but that doesn’t give me the right to be cruel.

I believe…

that just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.

I believe…

that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you’ve had and what you’ve learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you’ve celebrated.

I believe…

that it isn’t always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.

I believe…

that no matter how bad your heart is broken that the world doesn’t stop for your grief.

I believe…

that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

I believe…

that just because two people argue, it doesn’t mean they don’t love each other.  And just because they don’t argue, it doesn’t mean they do.

I believe…

that you shouldn’t be eager to find out a secret.  It could change your life forever.

I believe…

that it’s taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I believe…

that you should always leave loved ones with loving well wishes. It may be the last time you see them.

I believe…

that you can keep going long after you can’t.

I believe…

that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

I believe…

that we don’t have to change friends, if we understand that friends change.

I believe…

that no matter how good a friend is, they’re going to hurt you once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

I believe…

that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. Same goes for true love.

I believe…

that you either control your attitude or it controls you.

I believe…

that regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, that passion fades and there had better be something else to take its place.

I believe…

that heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.

I believe…

that you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.

I believe…

that money is a lousy way of keeping score.

I believe…

that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time.

I believe…

that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you’re down, will be the ones who help you get back up.

Read more: http://dotconnectorblog.com/wisdom-wall-jimmy-johns/#ixzz1ZU0eCegZ
pimp.gif

Nothing but positivity here. I went to Disney world for my vacation at the end of October and it was pretty life changing. Everything is SO positive, it was a really good experience and helped me view things more differently.

Keep your chins up fellas.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Do you have your eyes open for ways to grow?  When you do, you can find lessons in the most unlikely places.  Here are some great lessons from the wall at Jimmy John’s.  I find a lot of value in these statements, and re-read them most mornings.

I believe…

that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.

I believe…

that your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don’t even know you.

I believe…

that even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.

I believe…

that credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.

I believe…

that the people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon.

I believe…

that sometimes when I’m angry I have the right to be angry but that doesn’t give me the right to be cruel.

I believe…

that just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.

I believe…

that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you’ve had and what you’ve learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you’ve celebrated.

I believe…

that it isn’t always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.

I believe…

that no matter how bad your heart is broken that the world doesn’t stop for your grief.

I believe…

that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

I believe…

that just because two people argue, it doesn’t mean they don’t love each other.  And just because they don’t argue, it doesn’t mean they do.

I believe…

that you shouldn’t be eager to find out a secret.  It could change your life forever.

I believe…

that it’s taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I believe…

that you should always leave loved ones with loving well wishes. It may be the last time you see them.

I believe…

that you can keep going long after you can’t.

I believe…

that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

I believe…

that we don’t have to change friends, if we understand that friends change.

I believe…

that no matter how good a friend is, they’re going to hurt you once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

I believe…

that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. Same goes for true love.

I believe…

that you either control your attitude or it controls you.

I believe…

that regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, that passion fades and there had better be something else to take its place.

I believe…

that heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.

I believe…

that you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.

I believe…

that money is a lousy way of keeping score.

I believe…

that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time.

I believe…

that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you’re down, will be the ones who help you get back up.

Read more: http://dotconnectorblog.com/wisdom-wall-jimmy-johns/#ixzz1ZU0eCegZ
pimp.gif

Nothing but positivity here. I went to Disney world for my vacation at the end of October and it was pretty life changing. Everything is SO positive, it was a really good experience and helped me view things more differently.

Keep your chins up fellas.

From my experience, this has helped me change my life completely.

The Secret. Watch the film, read the book. Learn the Law Of Attraction and learn how to incorporate it into your daily life and watch how much BETTER your life becomes.

The Secret. Watch the film, read the book. Learn the Law Of Attraction and learn how to incorporate it into your daily life and watch how much BETTER your life becomes.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Originally Posted by chickhien

i just wanted to contribute to this great thread.

last year i seriously felt worthless and not good enough. being unemployed, living with my wife's parents, and having no clue where my future was going had me scared, angry, depressed, worried. i was on my own since age 18.

now i'm 31, married for two years and unemployed for two years. i just finished my master of accountancy (12 month program), took all four sections of the cpa exams in july and august, and now i'm waiting on scores and i have two interviews next week for internships in the spring. i've done more work academically in the past year than i did my entire life. my only regret was skipping classes in college and thinking i was smart enough to cram the night before. the way i feel today is a complete 180 from last year.

i finally grew up and admitted to myself that i was lazy. i was afraid of trying and failing, so i didnt even bother trying. nothing feels better than putting in hard work and reaping the rewards. if any of yall going through some tough +#% right now, my advice is to stay sober. put down the bottle and dont take that hit when times are bad. trust me on this. tell your friends "i'm not going out tonight". don't even give them a reason. just do YOU. ive literally spent tens of thousands on clubbing and drinking and smoking. when i was broker than a joke, in extreme debt, and borrowing money from family, i was getting high everyday to avoid responsibility. how idiotic was i to be broke/in debt and buying weed with money i borrowed?! now that ive gotten my life back on track, i tell you what....nothing is better than enjoying a drink or a smoke when you're in a happy state of mind. with your own money.

good luck to everyone.
this is an old article on working hard and achieving greatness http://money.cnn.com/maga.../10/30/8391794/index.htm
this is an even older article on why we are afraid to succeed http://money.cnn.com/maga...6/07/08/214330/index.htm
This is one of many excellent posts in here. Thank you, and everyone let's remember to Stay Positive 

Originally Posted by chickhien

i just wanted to contribute to this great thread.

last year i seriously felt worthless and not good enough. being unemployed, living with my wife's parents, and having no clue where my future was going had me scared, angry, depressed, worried. i was on my own since age 18.

now i'm 31, married for two years and unemployed for two years. i just finished my master of accountancy (12 month program), took all four sections of the cpa exams in july and august, and now i'm waiting on scores and i have two interviews next week for internships in the spring. i've done more work academically in the past year than i did my entire life. my only regret was skipping classes in college and thinking i was smart enough to cram the night before. the way i feel today is a complete 180 from last year.

i finally grew up and admitted to myself that i was lazy. i was afraid of trying and failing, so i didnt even bother trying. nothing feels better than putting in hard work and reaping the rewards. if any of yall going through some tough +#% right now, my advice is to stay sober. put down the bottle and dont take that hit when times are bad. trust me on this. tell your friends "i'm not going out tonight". don't even give them a reason. just do YOU. ive literally spent tens of thousands on clubbing and drinking and smoking. when i was broker than a joke, in extreme debt, and borrowing money from family, i was getting high everyday to avoid responsibility. how idiotic was i to be broke/in debt and buying weed with money i borrowed?! now that ive gotten my life back on track, i tell you what....nothing is better than enjoying a drink or a smoke when you're in a happy state of mind. with your own money.

good luck to everyone.
this is an old article on working hard and achieving greatness http://money.cnn.com/maga.../10/30/8391794/index.htm
this is an even older article on why we are afraid to succeed http://money.cnn.com/maga...6/07/08/214330/index.htm
This is one of many excellent posts in here. Thank you, and everyone let's remember to Stay Positive 

haven't posted on NT in a minute, but this thread made my day!
happy thanksgiving yall. im quite thankful for my fam, friends, and opportunities i've been blessed to have

haven't posted on NT in a minute, but this thread made my day!
happy thanksgiving yall. im quite thankful for my fam, friends, and opportunities i've been blessed to have

It was a nice day today here in DC, took a bike ride just to be out. Thought a lot, cleared my head. Mobile meditation if you will.

I was just making sure that I spoke to as many people as I could today. A simple challenge, just a simple hello. I don't know what moved me to do it but I did. It felt good.

Some other things I was thinking about. I might start keeping a spreadsheet of personal growth.
Date:
How Did You Get Better Today:
What weren't you proud of today:

If I do this each and every day, I guess I could be one step closer to figuring this thing out.

So for today I would say

Date: 11/26
How Did You Get Better Today: I rode my bike. Exercised that holiday food off.
What weren't you proud of today: I spent a lot of meaningless time playing Battlefield, could have been doing something more constructive.

You don't have to do that, but I think it can help you look back on if you are doing your job on this Earth.

It was a nice day today here in DC, took a bike ride just to be out. Thought a lot, cleared my head. Mobile meditation if you will.

I was just making sure that I spoke to as many people as I could today. A simple challenge, just a simple hello. I don't know what moved me to do it but I did. It felt good.

Some other things I was thinking about. I might start keeping a spreadsheet of personal growth.
Date:
How Did You Get Better Today:
What weren't you proud of today:

If I do this each and every day, I guess I could be one step closer to figuring this thing out.

So for today I would say

Date: 11/26
How Did You Get Better Today: I rode my bike. Exercised that holiday food off.
What weren't you proud of today: I spent a lot of meaningless time playing Battlefield, could have been doing something more constructive.

You don't have to do that, but I think it can help you look back on if you are doing your job on this Earth.

Back
Top Bottom