NT: USPS Package stolen, no doorbell, anything I can do?

So I paid for a pair of shoes off ebay and everything goes smoothly, seller gets the money, ships the sneakers out, etc, then i check the shipping status justbefore and it says it was delivered this morning at 9:42. Naturally, I got no such package this morning. There wasn't even a doorbell
indifferent.gif
. Where I live,whoever delivers the stuff almost always just leaves it out in the front. I've gotten most of my packages only because I see it while I go outside wheneveror come home from wherever. Is there anything I can do? I'm going to the post office tomorrow to complain, and already sent the seller an email explainingthe situation. Thanks in advance.

def go to the post office and ask for the information about which driver delivered it and why he didn't ring the bell

screw him man get him in trouble

think he means they didnt ring the doorbell. Anyways all you can do is go to the post office and complain. The seller cant and wont do anything since heshipped them.

from now on make sure you ask for insured shipping on your package from now on OR get a PO BOX. it's only 26-28 dollars(double check with your post office)every 6 months.

i had to refund some guy(not through Paypal) bc I didn't insure the package, but the d.c. showed as delivered. As a customer service issue I refunded himbc I didn't offer/specify/nor purchase insurance

If this is through Paypal, if it shows as delivered, then they will normally side with the seller/shipper.

no problem. These two things 1)insurance 2) PO BOX will give you peace of mind for the future...good luck with your situation.

also next time, ask the seller ship it fedex. Fedex offers free insurance for the first $100. not sure what it is with UPS. USPS insurance can be purchased atany value.

The SAME THING HAPPENED YESTERDAY,

im 50% sure its not stolen, i checked my status, said it was delivered on 9:42 on the 24th.

i was
mad.gif
thinking the post man stole it, so i called this morning to 1800ask USPS, and they said they opened up a file for me.

5 Hours later, the mail man delivers my package with my mail!
pimp.gif

So i think something is wrong with their tracking system.

Just wait an extra day.

last time that happened, it was under a trash can. i think it was supposed to rain taht day, maybe check under any boxes you have near your door?

im always on the lookout for neighbors packages
its an easy come up
smokin.gif

ok im joking
but i never understand why leave a package in basically in public

My UPS guy will sometimes go around and put it on my back porch
grin.gif
. Mybrother ordered a few hundred dollars in car parts and said it had been delivered. We didn't realize they were just outside the back garage door.

Originally Posted by Kobe Fan

The SAME THING HAPPENED YESTERDAY,

im 50% sure its not stolen, i checked my status, said it was delivered on 9:42 on the 24th.

i was
mad.gif
thinking the post man stole it, so i called this morning to 1800 ask USPS, and they said they opened up a file for me.

5 Hours later, the mail man delivers my package with my mail!
pimp.gif

So i think something is wrong with their tracking system.

Just wait an extra day.

same thing happened to me...except they shipped a couple of days later...

u should wait a little longer or just call them...

Yeah I'll do that. Reason I'm pretty sure it's been stolen is the package was shipped priority mail, and the seller lives in Queens, and meBrooklyn. Thanks again for the replies.

the package might still come tomorrow. it happened 2-3 times with me, USPS tracking said it was delivered but it wasn't...came the next day. so best ofluck to you

Something similar happen to me. I orderd a bat from Lousville Slugger and it said it was deliverd on Thursday and left at the back door. But the thing is Ihave a locked gate and a dog back there so there was no way he could have left it at the door. When I called UPS they said it was left there and if I wanted toleave a complaint I had to go through Lousville Slugger. What ended up happening was that the UPS guy slid it through the gate and left it next to the trash.It really gets me heated that they just left it there and that customer service was horrible at helping me.

Go to the post office, and open a claim or whatever. That's BS....I never wnt thru it but I always feared this type of s___. I still get my shoes deliveredUSPS tho, so what.

Originally Posted by 4x6191990

Yeah I'll do that. Reason I'm pretty sure it's been stolen is the package was shipped priority mail, and the seller lives in Queens, and me Brooklyn. Thanks again for the replies.

Damn homie set you up. He just waited outside yasteps got his shoes back and already got ya money
grin.gif

^^hahaha

and yeah, I'm gonna be dropping by my post office tomorrow. I've probably said this 20 times already but thanks guys for giving me hope lol. Hopefullythey weren't stolen. Damn incompetent delivery folk.

no insurance, no deal. i got a 200$ package lost and since no insurance i lost it without any compensation. i was even sittin out on the porch in a cul de sacstreet waiting for the delivery dude just so no nonsense would happen. never showed up but didnt even matter. ridiculous. get insurance. the max they offeredme after arguin was to compensate the postage but that was another form so gave up.

Back
Top Bottom