NT, What Are You Reading? Vol. 2010

Halfway through this Liar's Poker by Michael Lewis.

About investment banking and the ins and outs of Wall Street. Very vivid and funny.
pimp.gif

just got jay z's decoded today got up to page 279, really really good read and very insightful on certain things, plus the breakdown of lyrics for select songs is
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

i would've finished it in one day but have school early tomorrow
grin.gif
ohwell.gif

4004325583_6dcd552b53.jpg

Only 1/4 way through it so far. It is pretty good, goes much more into detail about Lloyd Simco life than the television show ever did.

Question, do you guys buy all your books? I'm gonna look into the "The Alchemist" book.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Question, do you guys buy all your books? I'm gonna look into the "The Alchemist" book.
Also, what is it about?
laugh.gif
I've heard nothing but good things, but have no idea what it's about.

...And how many pages?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Finished up Into the Wild last month. The book is amazing. Definitely changed my life.

Now reading -

the-god-of-small-things.jpg

Beautiful diction and imagery so far.

i def have this overdue from library thanks for reminder 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KlassSickFresh 87

Halfway through with Devil in the White City. Alchemist is next. 

How you liking it? DitWC turned into one of those books that I couldnt put down once I got into it
laugh.gif

Finished my sociology professor's urban ethnographic book on graffiti, titled "Graffiti Lives," not to long ago. It's a great read on the history of the graffiti subculture culture if you're into it, and even if you think you are not, you will notice how graffiti has inadvertently impacted you in some sort of way. This guy met legends from all around the world including the famous ESPO, the guy that designed those transparent Air Force 2's. My professor is a cool dude himself, an ex-sneaker head too.
pimp.gif

"Foucault’s Pendulum" by Umberto Eco

Tough read, but rather entertaining. In layman's terms, I'd describe it as a thinking man's Da Vinci Code.

Sorry to dig up this OLD post, but i was out of reading for nearly 4 years, but have tried to get myself back into it again, and this thread has been great. i've recently read:

life-of-pi1.jpg
cover.jpg

"curious incident" is a great read, not too long, very humourous, i definitely recommend it.

currently reading:
zombie-survival-guide.jpg

all great reads so far.
my next on the lists:

lord of the flies, the great gatsby, the girl with the dragon tattoo, a game of thrones, kite runner, thousand splendid suns.

don't know how long it will take
laugh.gif

by the way, there's just something about the catcher in the rye that makes me unable to get into the book.. i tried to read it twice..
usually books attract me fairly early and i go on a trance to finish the book. i heard so much great things about catcher in the rye and that is the only thing pushing me to keep reading.. but i've only got to perhaps 1/4 of the book before i quit..

No need to apologize this is better then makeing a new thread

51LS3JDveML._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

41lShfMqiPL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

31NIEmD9IUL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

BTW girl with the Dragon tattoo was a great series however the second book was way to drawn out. 

enjoy

Found some book on Freemasonry for like 8 bucks at Barnes & Nobles a while ago which was a really good read. It's called Revered Wisdom or something along those lines.

Just started reading Tokyo Vice, really interesting so far. Reminds me of the flick Black Rain.

currently trying to get around to starting the Art of War I have it I just have to get around to opening it. can anybody give me some feedback on Art of War by Sun Zu? Any NTers read it ?feedback?

I've been wanting to badly read a book on earthquakes and volcano's for some reason, anything dealing with natural disasters or science. I feel like I want to be knowledgeable in those areas because most folks I meet now don't know too much of nothing when it comes to things like that and I feel like I can drop some serious info if anything happens on the news about natural disasters or anything dealing with outer space.

if I can get my hand on some law books that would be nice also.

People now only follow the media.

Back
Top Bottom