NT What Was Your First Job Like? Vol. Am I Wrong?

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

I feel the same way as you're feeling right now in regards to our jobs...I work at UPS to kill time because I'm taking a year off from college. Every day, I'm thinking why the hell am I here doing this %++!+% job when I don't even need it? I drive a Lexus to work, for God's sake. But it's given me the motivation I needed for when I go back to school in the fall because I never want to be stuck doing this kind of job...ever again. (No offense to anyone that has a career in UPS)
this. me slaving around painting houses really put my future in perspective. If i didnt start taking school more serious this measly summer job i had could turn into something a lot more serious.

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

I feel the same way as you're feeling right now in regards to our jobs...I work at UPS to kill time because I'm taking a year off from college. Every day, I'm thinking why the hell am I here doing this %++!+% job when I don't even need it? I drive a Lexus to work, for God's sake. But it's given me the motivation I needed for when I go back to school in the fall because I never want to be stuck doing this kind of job...ever again. (No offense to anyone that has a career in UPS)
this. me slaving around painting houses really put my future in perspective. If i didnt start taking school more serious this measly summer job i had could turn into something a lot more serious.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

now i work at FL so im livin the good life

my first job when i was 16.. it was indeed the good life
pimp.gif
until i got a starbucks job and made 2 dollars more an hour
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

--My first job was McDonalds also OP. Had me doin 2nd window drive-thru all the time. They call it "presenting".
--If money aint an issue just quit homes. If you need that paycheck, stick with it for the meantime.

--My first job was McDonalds also OP. Had me doin 2nd window drive-thru all the time. They call it "presenting".
--If money aint an issue just quit homes. If you need that paycheck, stick with it for the meantime.

First job was a recreation leader for the Dpt. of Parks and Rec. Just about everybody from my hs got hired, mainly the ball players tho. Real easy gig, minus havin statutory minors comin at ur wop tryna see how u swing that stick
30t6p3b.gif
. Toward the end was cake, my boss's son was one of the supervisors and we would be in the one building in the a/c playin Madden
laugh.gif

But if u don't need the gig OP, just resign. U could get an internship or voulnteer like someone else mentioned. That's better than biding time. Or get a gig at a hotel doin valet/bellman, small hourly wage but the tips make up for it if u on ur grind

First job was a recreation leader for the Dpt. of Parks and Rec. Just about everybody from my hs got hired, mainly the ball players tho. Real easy gig, minus havin statutory minors comin at ur wop tryna see how u swing that stick
30t6p3b.gif
. Toward the end was cake, my boss's son was one of the supervisors and we would be in the one building in the a/c playin Madden
laugh.gif

But if u don't need the gig OP, just resign. U could get an internship or voulnteer like someone else mentioned. That's better than biding time. Or get a gig at a hotel doin valet/bellman, small hourly wage but the tips make up for it if u on ur grind

whats with all you cats getting your first jobs at 18-19? i went on my interview for my first job at 15 cause the place wasn't gonna open till i'd be legal age to work full time. spent the entire summer caking doing double shifts...

whats with all you cats getting your first jobs at 18-19? i went on my interview for my first job at 15 cause the place wasn't gonna open till i'd be legal age to work full time. spent the entire summer caking doing double shifts...

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! There's value (for some) in building "careers" with companies like McDonald's, Sears, Taco Bell, etc. Granted a degree will further those careers but that degree is just a piece of paper without some solid experience & references behind it. DF!!!

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! There's value (for some) in building "careers" with companies like McDonald's, Sears, Taco Bell, etc. Granted a degree will further those careers but that degree is just a piece of paper without some solid experience & references behind it. DF!!!

First job was working in a fast-food teriyaki joint in the mall food court at 15. Hated it.

Went on to do paid blogging for a few years, and now bouncing from internship to internship at 21. Don't sweat it, you'll do fine man; you never know what's in the future. Just do your best at each place you work at and keep packing that resumé.

First job was working in a fast-food teriyaki joint in the mall food court at 15. Hated it.

Went on to do paid blogging for a few years, and now bouncing from internship to internship at 21. Don't sweat it, you'll do fine man; you never know what's in the future. Just do your best at each place you work at and keep packing that resumé.

Originally Posted by JuJu

I know right? LOL at getting a job AFTER highschool is over.

I was so happy i got my first job when i was 15 at Baskin Robbins. Sure it was nothing serious, but the schedule was easy cuz they knew i was still in school. even tho i got underpaid ($5.15) but do u know what that $5.15/hr can accumulate to for a young buck like me at the time?

I was able to rake in so many hours without worrying about anything else (bills and other grown up expenses). Total financial freedom. Plus it kept me busy and away from the bad influences. Taught me to value my hard-earned money more, therefore gave me a motivation to continue my eduation so i never had to scoop ice cream again, even if this first job only lasted for 6 months.
laugh.gif
 I was quickly on to the next one tho.  

Originally Posted by JuJu

I know right? LOL at getting a job AFTER highschool is over.

I was so happy i got my first job when i was 15 at Baskin Robbins. Sure it was nothing serious, but the schedule was easy cuz they knew i was still in school. even tho i got underpaid ($5.15) but do u know what that $5.15/hr can accumulate to for a young buck like me at the time?

I was able to rake in so many hours without worrying about anything else (bills and other grown up expenses). Total financial freedom. Plus it kept me busy and away from the bad influences. Taught me to value my hard-earned money more, therefore gave me a motivation to continue my eduation so i never had to scoop ice cream again, even if this first job only lasted for 6 months.
laugh.gif
 I was quickly on to the next one tho.  

i clean bathrooms for a living too and i HATE it. My blood boils cleaning up after dirty bastards who have no common decency.

But i get paid 24 an hour. plus union. benefits. health insurance.

not worth it at McDonalds bro

i clean bathrooms for a living too and i HATE it. My blood boils cleaning up after dirty bastards who have no common decency.

But i get paid 24 an hour. plus union. benefits. health insurance.

not worth it at McDonalds bro

My first job was at Tim Horton whens I turned 17, i only work there for like 2 weeks, couldn't take that !#%* anymore.
The only reason I got the job was because my mom forced me to get it. 

My first job was at Tim Horton whens I turned 17, i only work there for like 2 weeks, couldn't take that !#%* anymore.
The only reason I got the job was because my mom forced me to get it. 

school me on getting a job at FL or champs

(besides filling out an application)

I heard they are hard to get, and this would be my first job

Back
Top Bottom