NTers who don't eat pork for nonreligious reasons? Vol. School me

As I expected, myths and faux facts being thrown around like wildfire.

I'm one of the few who don't touch pork for non religious reasons.

#1. Pig is one of the only animals that don't Sweat. Sweating is a way to release Toxins from the body.

#2. The only thing a pig can't digest is Human Hair.

Other than that just watch some videos it'll change your mind real quick.

they do sweat, but not enough, which is why they like to roll around in the mud. sweat has nothing to do with releasing toxins from the body. its for cooling us down.

also, probably most animals you eat will probably eat their own excrement if fed...

brb, bout to make bacon.

I stopped eating beef,pork,fish and most meats about a year ago after eating them heavily all of my life. It just felt disgusting and wrong to me all of a sudden and I'm not really quite sure why. I'll eat grilled Chicken maybe once a month but that's it. 

Good for you man. I'm trying to work my way to this.

Lamb was the hardest for me to give up recently. I loved mutton like crazy.

Like I said, they don't have THAT MANY sweat glands and yes toxins are released through sweat. Not as much toxins as your feces/urine but some none the less.

Whenever someone hits me with the "but pork taste so good" line I always respond by telling them that I'm sure puppies, cats, and rats taste good too if cooked right but I bet you won't eat that...lol

One thing about me though is I don't force my beliefs on anyone else. It's all about personal choices. My youngest son and his mother don't eat pork because of me though which I'm glad about.

Anything that tastes that good in that many different forms cant be good for you lol. Swine is to divine. I try to stay away as much as possible. Then someone passes me some ribs in this beautiful weather. 
devil.gif
eek.gif

Good for you man. I'm trying to work my way to this.

Lamb was the hardest for me to give up recently. I loved mutton like crazy.
Yeah man, you definitely should. You feel a lot healthier and you don't have to stop eating it completely; for instance if you haven't eat ate it about 3-4 months and Summer is coming and you get invited to a family BBQ, have some burgers and wings. Treat it as more a special occasions thing. I don't know about you personally, but to me I always thought you needed to have meat in your dinner and that was the hardest part to shake. I felt incomplete if I didn't eat meat at least once a day. Once you shake that routine though, it's smooth sailing. 

As I expected, myths and faux facts being thrown around like wildfire.
they do sweat, but not enough, which is why they like to roll around in the mud. sweat has nothing to do with releasing toxins from the body. its for cooling us down.

also, probably most animals you eat will probably eat their own excrement if fed...

brb, bout to make bacon.
Didn't see one myth or faux fact. Only said a way to release toxins not the only way. 

Im w/ KOD843 i don't force my beliefs, i just share when asked. 

now some of you may not believe me, and many do not when i tell them in real life...

i have never knowingly eaten pork since i was 14, not for religious purposes throughout the centuries pork has been viewed as the 'diseased' meat (due to the deaths occurring from eating it if not well cooked) from nearly every religion/culture/civilization, so i just took it out of my diet

same with fish, i have never eaten fish, because they eat their own feces and are cannibals, so do lobsters... they have been known to eat their own family/offspring

even if i have bacon in my mouth,i will spit it out, ive come so far(nearly a decade) to quit now

Last edited:
Yeah man, you definitely should. You feel a lot healthier and you don't have to stop eating it completely; for instance if you haven't eat ate it about 3-4 months and Summer is coming and you get invited to a family BBQ, have some burgers and wings. Treat it as more a special occasions thing. I don't know about you personally, but to me I always thought you needed to have meat in your dinner and that was the hardest part to shake. I felt incomplete if I didn't eat meat at least once a day. Once you shake that routine though, it's smooth sailing. 

agreed. It's hard. I love meat

(pause)

If you really want to detoxify your system, you'd be better served by making sure your liver and kidneys are operating in tip-top shape, since it's these key organs -- not your sweat glands -- that are mainly responsible for filtering any toxins from your blood. For example, according to a Los Angeles Times interview with Donald Smith, professor of environmental toxicology at the University of California, Santa Cruz, sweating eliminates less than 1 percent of toxic metals like mercury -- your body gets rid of these substances primarily through urine or feces.

source

Folks will single out pork, but have a juicy hamburger right next to em.

now some of you may not believe me, and many do not when i tell them in real life...

i have never knowingly eaten pork since i was 14, not for religious purposes but i guess it has always been viewed as the diseased meat from nearly every religion/culture/civilization, so i just took it out of my diet

same with fish, i have never eaten fish, because they eat their own feces and are cannibals, so do lobsters... they have been known to eat their own family/offspring

even if i have bacon in my mouth,i will spit it out, ive come so far(nearly a decade) to quit now

Just the smell of pork makes me want to throw up :smh: :x .. I dont eat shrimp, crab, lobster, shellfish or fish without fins.. But I'm a biblical man :D .. If I'm not sure whats in the food, I'll abstain and get something else. I feel much much better internally since I have rid these things from my diet.

Just the smell of pork makes me want to throw up :smh: :x .. I dont eat shrimp, crab, lobster, shellfish or fish without fins.. But I'm a biblical man :D .. If I'm not sure whats in the food, I'll abstain and get something else. I feel much much better internally since I have rid these things from my diet.

You a Israelite?

Like I said, they don't have THAT MANY sweat glands and yes toxins are released through sweat. Not as much toxins as your feces/urine but some none the less.

Whenever someone hits me with the "but pork taste so good" line I always respond by telling them that I'm sure puppies, cats, and rats taste good too if cooked right but I bet you won't eat that...lol

http://www.uamshealth.com/?id=12247&sid=1

“You cannot sweat toxins out of the body,” Dr. Smith says. “Toxins such as mercury, alcohol and most drugs are eliminated by your liver, intestines or kidneys.”

That second point is so stupid.

One thing about me though is I don't force my beliefs on anyone else. It's all about personal choices. My youngest son and his mother don't eat pork because of me though which I'm glad about.
Everything but rats I'd eat so aint no argument there.

I just hate rats but **** if we all starving and that's all that's left I'd put my best effort in to making a 5 star meal out of them. Get my Hannibal on.

Lol I could Google just as many sites saying sweat does get rid of toxins but no time for that. Fact is pigs digest things in 4hrs leaving most toxins from the crap they eat to enter the skin/meat. Takes a cow up to 24hrs to digest food.

For the record, I don't eat much beef either. Gotta be in the mood for a steak or something which is about once every two months or so...

Back
Top Bottom