NTers who lease their whips? Vol: new whip every 3 years

Could you say the same for renting and owning a house?

I know many people and families that decide to rent instead of own a house.

Why? Because they pretty much all say they want to move, whether it's location, size, price... ect.
The factors of living vs driving a cool car is not even comparable.  Its not even the same. Cars are far more replaceable vs a living space.

I agree with you...

But in a small degree, it's the same concept. Not everyone wants the same car their entire life.

Every few years or so, they want something different or more convenient to their likings.

I agree with you...

But in a small degree, it's the same concept. Not everyone wants the same car their entire life.

Every few years or so, they want something different or more convenient to their likings.
I rather work towards owning vs constantly renting over and over. If you put that much in importance on easily replaceable items, i pity you.

At times leasing with the intention of buying can be a pretty good deal. You are getting money off sticker on the front end of the car and if you negotiate correctly this can be a really nice savings and then when it is time to turn the car back in the car company will renegotiate the residual on the car and this can be several thousand dollars. The car dealer often wants to make you a sweet offer so you do not turn the car back in.

Lol a lot of people rent because they can't buy. Believe me if everyone could buy there wouldn't be so many rentals out there.

Leasing is not a waste. You have to be smart to make a lease work and benefit you. Think about it.

Son don't be a smart guy. People looking to finance for the most part look to own their car as leasing look for other options maybe lease another car.

I have said more than a few times in this thread that I don't plan to own a car for a while and notes are just bills to me.(this goes for anyway you try and slice what I have said dude).

Relax, can you have a discussion without being condensing? People looking to finance for the most part can't drop the whole amount at that time too, why didn't you say that? By the time you finish financing for 5 years, how many people still want that same car?

If your leasing it, you dont owe it. Why spend on something you'll never own? Sounds like a finacial mistake. Thats why smart ppl buy a house vs continue renting. You stop renting when you ready to be smart
I guess you're advising people to give a dealership $30K cash or buy a hooptie right?

Could you say the same for renting and owning a house?

I know many people and families that decide to rent instead of own a house.

Why? Because they pretty much all say they want to move, whether it's location, size, price... ect.
The factors of living vs driving a cool car is not even comparable.  Its not even the same. Cars are far more replaceable vs a living space.

You're definitely young and your world is small, you keep addressing and assuming these are the only types of lessees that exist. Do you lease, finance or own? do you own a home?

I guess you're advising people to give a dealership $30K cash or buy a hooptie right?

That's how I'm living right now.

Last whip was a 2000 Chrysler 300m. Wasn't a hooptie, but I paid cash and rode it out for a while, then sold it and used the money to move to NYC.

I really don't see the point in adding an extra bill to your life like that. You already have to pay for insurance, then you've got car upkeep and tickets. Adding a car note to that seems unnecessary.

I kind of shaped my life so that I wouldn't need a car, and I don't see myself buying one again until I can give a dealership $30k cash, or at least pay 70-90% in cash and do super small payments like $50 a month or somethin. If that's unrealistic, then I'm just unrealistic. I'll be that, and I'll keep paying $112 a month altogether for transportation via NYC Transit, and I'll just keep stacking and paying only one rent.

Last whip was a 2000 Chrysler 300m. Wasn't a hooptie, but I paid cash and rode it out for a while, then sold it and used the money to move to NYC.

I really don't see the point in adding an extra bill to your life like that. You already have to pay for insurance, then you've got car upkeep and tickets. Adding a car note to that seems unnecessary.

man

these posts sound so young

tickets? TICKETS? havent had a ticket in 10 years.

insurance? at $100 a month? thats NOTHING

car upkeep? on a brand new car? :lol:

Last edited:

man

these posts sound so young

tickets? TICKETS? havent had a ticket in 10 years.

insurance? at $100 a month? thats NOTHING

car upkeep? on a brand new car? :lol:

I've never paid $100 a month for insurance. I wish I could have paid that, but I was never that responsible. Too many tickets and accidents.

I've also never paid a car note, so that extra bill right there would just piss me off all the time.

I'm 27 years old, and this is just how I'm living my life. I'm not young, I just have been wary of not owning my possesions for as long as I can remember.

I rent now because I can't afford a home, but best believe a condo in the city is my move once I get to the right point proffesionally.

My family owns our home in MD outright and would never sell it or the land it's on.

I just can't see myself having a car that can be taken from me if I miss a payment.

I'm glad that $100 a month is nothing to you. To me, every dollar counts. Right now I pay $112 a month altogether to get where I need to go anywhere in the city. I couldn't imagine paying upwards of $400 a month PLUS insurance PLUS tickets that I know i'll get (congrats on your 10 year streak. you're you and I'm me). I'm already paying rent and I hate how much that carves out of my budget. I don't want the added stress of a car note and the looming spectre of repossession. If I sound young, so be it.

Last edited:
I really don't see the point in adding an extra bill to your life like that.

I wonder how many bills you have that someone would consider extra

and if you didn't live in a state with one of the most popular transportation systems, you wouldn't have a car? What you paying for rent in NYC = rent + whip in the south

I'm just saying people think they're saving money but in reality it all comes out to the same at the end

I really don't see the point in adding an extra bill to your life like that.

and if you didn't live in a state with one of the most popular transportation systems, you wouldn't have a car? What you paying for rent in NYC = rent + whip in the south

I'm just saying people think they're saving money but in reality it all comes out to the same at the end

Everything you're saying is valid.

Car notes just ain't for me, though.

If i had a car note, I wouldn't be able to cop sneakers and clothes like I do.

If I had a car note, I would have to rethink my living situation.

This makes me think of that Jay Morrison (celeb real estate dude) video.

He started off the video telling the audience to just pay their credit card minimum, and don't pay the whole thing off.

I had to stop watching because that's pretty irresponsible advice. Sure, some people could do that and make it work, but alot of people are going to do that and end up in over their heads and behind on payments.

I can't play with my money like that. Whether it be making car payments or spending more on a credit card than I actually plan on paying back.

I've never paid $100 a month for insurance. I wish I could have paid that, but I was never that responsible. Too many tickets and accidents.

I've also never paid a car note, so that extra bill right there would just piss me off all the time.

I'm 27 years old, and this is just how I'm living my life. I'm not young, I just have been wary of not owning my possesions for as long as I can remember.

I rent now because I can't afford a home, but best believe a condo in the city is my move once I get to the right point proffesionally.

My family owns our home in MD outright and would never sell it or the land it's on.

I just can't see myself having a car that can be taken from me if I miss a payment.

I'm glad that $100 a month is nothing to you. To me, every dollar counts. Right now I pay $112 a month altogether to get where I need to go anywhere in the city. I couldn't imagine paying upwards of $400 a month PLUS insurance PLUS tickets that I know i'll get (congrats on your 10 year streak. you're you and I'm me). I'm already paying rent and I hate how much that carves out of my budget. I don't want the added stress of a car note and the looming spectre of repossession. If I sound young, so be it.

kudos to you man on you discipline

and good luck on your journey
you'll get there

Yall are really having financial responsibility conversations about leasing vs. buying on Niketalk?

Bolded for emphasis.

Unless you're really living a life with the bare necessities nobody is in a place to point the finger at someone for leasing a car.

And round n round this goes. Wasn't this conversation discussed endlessly in the car thread? There's no right or wrong answer. It's situational. Too many variables. Now if people wana come in here and maybe get some advise on whether they should lease or buy wit some background info, this thread could b cool. But arguing which one is better is jus a waste...

And round n round this goes. Wasn't this conversation discussed endlessly in the car thread? There's no right or wrong answer. It's situational. Too many variables. Now if people wana come in here and maybe get some advise on whether they should lease or buy wit some background info, this thread could b cool. But arguing which one is better is jus a waste...
OF course there isnt a right or wrong answer, but at the same time, leasing cars is factualy not a good financial idea. Yall laugh at rappers leasing cars, but yall in here doing the same thing on a even smaller income.

You over here pointing your fingers at people for leasing vs buying.

I pity you, b.

Yall are really having financial responsibility conversations about leasing vs. buying on Niketalk?

Bolded for emphasis.

Unless you're really living a life with the bare necessities nobody is in a place to point the finger at someone for leasing a car.

I'm definitely trying to live a life with the bare necessities. A huge part of my life is about not living beyond my means, as I have a level of comfort I want to keep without being irresponsible financially. That's a huge part of my life: being able to do and buy what I want, but also balancing that against the future. I guess minimalism could be something I strive for, but I still love art and nice clothes and cool sneakers. But I also have bills to pay, and don't want to live paycheck to paycheck, so I save and budget and make decisions based on what's the least I can live with and still be comfortable. I love art, but I haven't copped anything, instead I just go to galleries. I'm a pescatarian, so i eat A LOT of perogies and pita with hummus and when I go grocery shopping I buy that crabmeat/fish stuff and make seafood pasta to bring with me to work for lunch so i'm not spending money on pizza and fallafel every day. I love sneakers, so the other day i stopped by 21 Mercer and grabbed a pair of AM1's i've been looking at. These are the first kicks i've bought in maybe 3-4 months, and the last pair before those were some Sperry's. I'll probably either replace the Sperry's or grab some Jordans sometime around mid-November. I clean my other kicks I have regularly, but if they look a little scuffed then that's cool because it goes with my style anyway and i have alot of them from when I used to care more about that kind of stuff.

My point is that I'm all about that bare necessities life, because I'm tryna make sure I'm being a responsible adult more than anything. I have nothing against cats leasing whips, I'm just saying it's not for me.

knowledgebones72 knowledgebones72 ain't much respect to you because I ain't bout that life :lol:

My point is there's dudes in here that cop foams every month but are trying to give some long financial lesson about how leasing is such a waste of money. Or dudes that eat out 7 times a week or dudes that go to the bar all the time.

My point is everybody has a "financial vice" so the vast majority of us have no place pointing fingers at other people. If your vice doesn't cut into your ability to pay your bills and save $$$ there's no place to judge..

Its all about whatever makes YOU happy because it's your life. I really wish more people would understand that.

Last edited:
OF course there isnt a right or wrong answer, but at the same time, leasing cars is factualy not a good financial idea. Yall laugh at rappers leasing cars, but yall in here doing the same thing on a even smaller income.

my man said factualy not a good financial idea

Back
Top Bottom