NTers who lease their whips? Vol: new whip every 3 years

Not sure how leases work exactly but you can be upside down on a lease? I thought you just pay a set amount for like 36 months then return the car.

Yes you can be upside down on a lease. One way to be upside down is if you are trying to get out early and still have payments to make. Sometimes dealers waive payments if you buy a newer model or stay in the car brand. Another way to be upside down is if you sell the car to get out of the lease (e.g. carmax) but the purchased price is not the payoff amount and you still owe money to the financial bank.

looking to lease something soon, what yall payments looking like vs what you driving?

insurance prices looking around the same vs buying? (would pay insurance in full btw). ??

I have an 08 charger paid off that id rather keep, but not against trading if it would be worth it (lowering payment wise)??? (want to keep to drive in between leases and as a beater eventually if I decide to go this route)....

Last edited:
U less the car is a collectors item, there is absolutely no incentive whatsoever to owning a car, depreciation, warranty expiring and the newer models constantly making yours look dated just makes owning a car stupid....unless is the type of car that's limited or holds up its value.

Leasing for the average Joe is the way to go.

Last edited:
U less the car is a collectors item, there is absolutely no incentive whatsoever to owning a car, depreciation, warranty expiring and the newer models constantly making yours look dated just makes owning a car stupid....unless is the type of car that's limited or holds up its value.

Depends on how much you drive a year in terms of mileage too though

Man, who do you get this information from?

Man, who do you get this information from?

I really hope he's joking...

Most of what you said is "correct" in theory but lets also not leave out that 95% of people who lease are driving vehicles that they can't actually afford. And you can't tell me otherwise...

Steezy is speaking some wild **** and this is coming from me who is highly in favor of leasing.

It's not necessarily for the average Joe cause the average Joe has no problem getting an Accord and driving that **** into the ground.

Leasing is for those of you that like nice things.
Nothing wrong with that.

Steezy is speaking some wild **** and this is coming from me who is highly in favor of leasing.

It's not necessarily for the average Joe cause the average Joe has no problem getting an Accord and driving that **** into the ground.

Nothing wrong with that.

And want to drive things they can't really afford.

I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt leasing the cars I drive is not the way to.

Only cars I'd lease are new luxury. Everything else naw, give me that 1.9 interest and my work discount and I'm buying.

I think it depends on what a person values. I chose leasing because I knew after 5 years or whatever I would something new, so why buy the whip pay more for it each month and still be stuck making payment for years since you gonna trade it on something new anyway.

If you just want a car and dont really about upgrading in the near future, sure go ahead a buy it then.

nah just a two income household
laugh.gif

the average joe not trying have a car note for the rest of their life
Thank you, the average joe can't even afford a never ending car payment.

Last edited:

Nothing wrong with that.

And want to drive things they can't really afford.

I could afford this Benz though.
Wash your face, pa...you got grease on it.

Steezy had like 2 bad experiences with cars he has owned and now thinks every car is a ticking time bomb once the warranty ends.

I haven't owned a used car since I was 21 bro....yeah they were lemons, but my first 3 new cars were financed and my most luxurious car (2007 TL-S) was financed and brand new, but truth be told, the novelty of a new car wears thin within the first 6 months...after that the 45k you just spent on the car is down to under 30k if you are lucky...then after 5 years warranty expires and unless you extend it you are on your own....meh....I've said this many times, I rather abuse the **** out of a car and give it back after I had it for its prime years and jump into something new again.

Financing a car was an absolute waste of money.

I could afford this Benz though.
Wash your face, pa...you got grease on it.
First of all if you followed the thread (exactly a few posts above yours) you'd understand that I wasn't directing my statement at you and clearly stated 95% of people.  But now that you spoke, I will say that "many" folks have different definitions on what affording actually means.  I can comfortably pay a $2000 per month lease right now, but doesn't mean I can afford said vehicle...

Last edited:
First of all if you followed the thread (exactly a few posts above yours) you'd understand that I wasn't directing my statement at you and clearly stated 95% of people.  But now that you spoke, I will say that "many" folks have different definitions on what affording actually means.  I can comfortably pay a $2000 per month lease right now, but doesn't mean I can afford said vehicle...

You gotta explain this to me bro...how does that make sense? :nerd:

I'm leasing next time around. Never paid a note before always bought with cash but I want a truck, live a mile away from work and want something different every 3 years or so. But I'm not leasing no got damn 60k whip or luxury cars. I just want a base hemi ram, don't need leather or other bells and whistles cuz the **** ain't mines, just want the 4x4 hemi. Or a jeep, idk yet, still got time.

BUT dude above who said alot of people lease because they can't afford the cars wasn't lying. So many dudes I know making 20k a year leasing whips in other people's names and ****.

Back
Top Bottom