NTers who lease their whips? Vol: new whip every 3 years

Bump. 

Can you end a lease early and return the car with minimal fees? Because my leasing company won't let me return the car with just paying the remaining balance and some other stuff. They're saying I have to honor the remaining months too.

Which car and what bank?

If you pay off the remaining months why would they not take the car back? That's def a lie and stupid on their part

brand new whips are for rich people. NO car is worth the price they ask for it. 

not true, some people like having manufacturer warranty and da ability to customize it out da dealership before they take a delivery.

leasing is dumb IMO unless u writing it off on ur taxes, then its fabulous.

Not leasing is dumb.
i have ZERO desire to keep a car that's more than 5 yrs old.
Just not dealing with it.

cuz you're intimidated by maintenance or just want a newer car in general.

i tend to like older models so putting in that $ for maintenance isn't a problem vs constantly playing a monthly bill for something u don't own.

smh at the lease shaming

some people just like new cars every 2 to 3 years or so, not get hit with depreciation, and not do any customization to it..

these vehicles are getting too advance these days to want to own'ed after warranty, not worth it imo

smh at the lease shaming

some people just like new cars every 2 to 3 years or so, not get hit with depreciation, and not do any customization to it..

these vehicles are getting too advance these days to want to own'ed after warranty, not worth it imo

All of this. Will be leasing all my cars from now on.

smh at the lease shaming

some people just like new cars every 2 to 3 years or so, not get hit with depreciation,

whoa...if you're just leasing your not even walking away with any equity whatsoever.

that's a big deal.

unless you're itemizing it on your taxes, that's money down da toilet.

I don't care for cars that much to lease as much as some as yall do. Seems like a waste of money over time.

Last edited:
With leasing there's always the option to own at the end and usually the payments are lower initially and in the long run depending on how close to the residual value you are at the end of the initial lease.

With leasing there's always the option to own at the end and usually the payments are lower initially and in the long run depending on how close to the residual value you are at the end of the initial lease.
Yeah I know. That's what I'm doing. My car is leased but once the contract is up, I'm just gonna keep the car. Not a car guy so I can stick with one for a while. I just don't think lease to lease is for me

That's what my dad does. For as long as I've been born, 1992, he has been leasing black bmw's every few years. Same model, same interiors and all that I believe. This time he switched it up and got some orangish/brown seats. I respect his brand commitment.

Last edited:

you're not really gaining a edge... you'd just be paying for da current book on a used car with ex amount of miles.

are any of ya taking advantage of writing off lease payments on your taxes or ya just flushing $ down da toilet? :nerd:

Yeah I know. That's what I'm doing. My car is leased but once the contract is up, I'm just gonna keep the car. Not a car guy so I can stick with one for a while. I just don't think lease to lease is for me

That's what my dad does. For as long as I've been born, 1992, he has been leasing black bmw's every few years. Same model, same interiors and all that I believe. This time he switched it up and got some orangish/brown seats. I respect his brand commitment.

I may end up doing the same. The Volt has been really good economics wise for me. I'm not going to be anywhere near my mileage by the end of next year so I should get either a sizeable amount of the financing payments reduced should I decide to keep it or money towards the next lease.

And [emoji]128514[/emoji] at ninja of all people concerned about flushing money down the toilet.

Last edited:
Wrong. A new car, the same car with lower payments, or money to go get another new car from a different place.

Last edited:
So if you go over the mileage and pentialized...does that money you pay go towards the car if you decide to keep the car?

So if you go over the mileage and pentialized...does that money you pay go towards the car if you decide to keep the car?

Usually they just make you pay the amount per mile I think ie (.25/mi) I think you can choose to pay the balance right then, but there may also be options to carry it onto the new lease. Similar to if you trade in a car that you owe money on still and the amount the dealership offers you is less than the payoff amount. They tack on the difference to whatever loan they give you and factor it into the monthly payments.

Last edited:

you're not really gaining a edge... you'd just be paying for da current book on a used car with ex amount of miles.

are any of ya taking advantage of writing off lease payments on your taxes or ya just flushing $ down da toilet? :nerd:
Go on

Go on

http://www.businessinsider.com/tax-loophole-on-luxury-cars-2012-11

my fams writes off his leases cuz he has a "small business" tax preparation business.

Have you even tried to own or lease a car before ninja?

Outside of home ownership and good investments, everything else is "throwing money down the toilet". Unless you're paying straight cash for something everything depreciates. It's about managing your risk and getting out at the right time. Cars are getting more advanced and the maintenance costs even on domestics has risen. Some people just don't want to deal with it. Like anything just have to do your research before hand and make sure your not getting screwed by a dealership or if possible secure a low interest loan from a credit union or bank before hand so you don't have to negotiate.

Last edited:
thats besides da point, if u have a business (no matter how small it is) you can write da payments off.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tax-loophole-on-luxury-cars-2012-11

my fams writes off his leases cuz he has a "small business" tax preparation business.

Is not that what I said?
He has a business though. Unless you're advocating fraud for people who don't have a business no matter how small. There has to be documentation backing up its legitimacy.

But you are acting like those of us in here who are currently leasing have our own business. I would think for the majority that isn't the case.

There's pros and cons for both leasing and financing if you're getting a brand new car. Each situation is different.

Last edited:
smh at the lease shaming

some people just like new cars every 2 to 3 years or so, not get hit with depreciation,

whoa...if you're just leasing your not even walking away with any equity whatsoever.

that's a big deal.

Re: money down the toilet

- Poppin bottles in the heights
- Kicks that I don't even get to wear.
- Name brand anything
- Da Jesus Piece

Why do people draw the line at car?

Either you tryna stunt or you not.
Don't half *** it.

Real Hasta La Muerte
#freeannuel

@ninja

Last edited:
smh at the lease shaming

that's a big deal.

Re: money down the toilet

- Poppin bottles in the heights
- Kicks that I don't even get to wear.
- Name brand anything
- Da Jesus Piece

Why do people draw the line at car?

Either you tryna stunt or you not.
Don't half *** it.

Real Hasta La Muerte
#freeannuel

@ninja

its called ownership, and long term residual value.

leasing is just long term renting, and your paying for da depreciation of da car your putting miles on.

You mean like renting an apartment?

What i look like hopping out my 2002 rav4 with some yeezys on my feet?

Last edited:
You mean like renting an apartment?

What i look like hopping out my 2002 rav4 with some yeezys on my feet?

vs hoping out a....

4660689343_f9385014e0_b.jpg

with no lease payments with those same yeezys...

yeah, old car fresh fit logic don't apply universally.

Back
Top Bottom