#NTNurses RNs (Registered Nurses)/Student Nurses Of NikeTalk Official Thread.

Ah alright. I have an interview this Wednesday for a medical scribe.
Part time though not full so I guess it's doable

I work full time 11pm til 7am drive 39miles to school which is 9am til 2pm and il doing well just have to stay focused

Just took my NCLEX RN this morning does this mean I passed?

Yes. Congrats!

I'm 24 and just now starting school to be a RN :stoneface:

I'm glad I have patience and support from my family though :lol:

I'm 24 and just now starting school to be a RN :stoneface:

I'm glad I have patience and support from my family though :lol:

Don't feel bad. I started when I was 26. You'll notice that most nursing students are older than the normal college crowd. Hell...the median age of people in my program is probably in the mid-30s.

You're still a youngin' in the grand scheme of things, papi.

Last edited:
my girl is a RN i dont know how anybody could do this job. i sure as hell never could. but somebody has to. i salute yall

my girl is a RN i dont know how anybody could do this job. i sure as hell never could. but somebody has to. i salute yall

It's a really rewarding profession.

To be honest, there's no better feeling than to care and advocate for the sick and injured and come home knowing that you've somehow helped them feel even just a little bit better.

The fact that you can branch off to different areas of the profession is a benefit as well. You'll never have a boring day.

Pay, job stability/availability, and flexible hours are just an amazing bonus. :nthat:

-Drew

Shameless plug for myself but I will be on tv tonight..
http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/life-flight-trauma-center-houston

I will be in th second episode... I love my job as a flight nurse, the autonomy that we have is just awesome.
I am round when they filmed this two years ago... Have dropped about 20 lb since filming...hopefully some of you guys will be interested enough to check it out
That's awesome, dude.  Seems like an amazing job to have.  

Definitely gonna check it out.

Drew...not the Cinco De Mayo episode, though I made a brief appearance on it for a second.
Today is the season finale, two episodes and I'm in the second episode.

Cin

Drew...not the Cinco De Mayo episode, though I made a brief appearance on it for a second.
Today is the season finale, two episodes and I'm in the second episode.

Cin

That's awesome, bro. I'll check it out. :nthat:

-Drew

It's awesome to see my NT fam flourishing in the nursing field. Honestly didn't know there were a lot of nursing personale on this forum. I'll be graduating in December with my ASN and I'm wondering how much you guys make per hr and how many hours you work a week? This one nurse at the hospital I have clinicals at told me to work as many hours as I can while I'm still young then she went on to say she use to clear 100k a year in her younger days

Congrats to all the new grads on NT who are passing the boards. 
nthat.gif

I will be graduating in May with my ADN. What NCLEX books do you guys recommended to study for boards?

Lippincot, Saunders, Kaplan questions. Anyone better than the other?

Congrats to all the new grads on NT who are passing the boards. :nthat:

I will be graduating in May with my ADN. What NCLEX books do you guys recommended to study for boards?

Lippincot, Saunders, Kaplan questions. Anyone better than the other?

Congrats, bro. :nthat:

I most definitely recommend Saunder's Comprehensive NCLEX review. I read that up to this day just to keep my mind sharpened lol.

I would go over any disease processes there and make notes of them on Quizlet.

-Drew

^ thanks for the recommendation a family member is going to take the test early this summer and is looking for a study book.

^ thanks for the recommendation a family member is going to take the test early this summer and is looking for a study book.

Most definitely, brother.

Much luck to the future RN in your family. :smokin

I would also suggest Kaplan as a NCLEX course. I took both Kaplan and Hurst review courses and I feel like Kaplan helped me out the most. Could be different for everyone though.

Tell them to look at different sources for practice questions. Kaplan + another Q bank. Don't rely on just one Q-bank source. I can't stress out how important this tip was for me.

-Drew

Just got hired on a Telemetry Unit yesterday. Any advice for a new RN? I don't start until April 27th and I'm going to review my EKG's, cardiac meds, and common med-surge diseases.

What's up NT fam. I just got accepted to an Accelerated 12 month BSN program. I am nervous but ready for the challenge.

Leggoo. In one year I'll be one of you guys.

My brother is an RN at UCLA and going to CSULB to become an NP. Great pay, great benefits, decent hours, gets to still spend plenty of time with his wife and start a family and live his life with a full work schedule and going to school.

I'm here slaving away in medical school without any semblance of a life or wife, wondering when it'll all be worth it 
laugh.gif

I can't even begin to give thanks to the nurses that helped and carried my butt when I started interning at the hospital, props for real. I have the utmost respect for all the nurses out there, from the ones I work with all the way down the spectrum. 

I have seen a trend latley of a lot of nurses I work with M and F going back to school to become an NP or PA. I say if u are going to do all that just get the MD from the start

Less time, less stress, less loans and less competitive programs (relatively speaking) With nursing you're gettin bread out the gate. Certain private hospitals even pay for your education. PLUS you can still have a life and aren't on call. you wildin' son

I'm a LPN in RN school by the way.

Last edited:
It's awesome to see my NT fam flourishing in the nursing field. Honestly didn't know there were a lot of nursing personale on this forum. I'll be graduating in December with my ASN and I'm wondering how much you guys make per hr and how many hours you work a week? This one nurse at the hospital I have clinicals at told me to work as many hours as I can while I'm still young then she went on to say she use to clear 100k a year in her younger days

my mom clears 100k every year. Congrats fam, I'll be graduating next April.

Making or clearing six figs in Cali is not a big prob at all. What is the prob is trying to keep most of it. If you make $100k and let's say you are single claiming 0 or 1, when you should be taking home about $8500 a mo...you end up with only $6k a month is not cool. Def gotta get around that somehow.

Last edited:
Making or clearing six figs in Cali is not a big prob at all. What is the prob is trying to keep most of it. If you make $100k and let's say you are single claiming 0 or 1, when you should be taking home about $8500 a mo...you end up with only $6k a month is not cool. Def gotta get around that somehow.
if you got student loans you can forget about pulling in that type of bread. its laughable to even think u can clear 80k with that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom