NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Lol

whats up guys, I've been shooting before and REALLY enjoy it. Once I get back on my feet with my new job and everything I'm planning on copping a rifle. Only thing is I still have an insane amount of things to learn about everything.

Whats the difference between an M16 and an M4?

Also I'm in California, is there anyway to make it so that Rifles have a Semi automatic/automatic switch?

whats up guys, I've been shooting before and REALLY enjoy it. Once I get back on my feet with my new job and everything I'm planning on copping a rifle. Only thing is I still have an insane amount of things to learn about everything.

Also I'm in California, is there anyway to make it so that Rifles have a Semi automatic/automatic switch?

Ill answer half and let richie/arguy/223 steer you in the right direction as im not yet an AR guy myself. You cannot own a select fire weapon or any automatic weapon as a civilian without a class III. Similar deal with silencers. 200 for a batf to get those i know off top.

And yea as far as the differences in the models.. ill let them tell ya what to look for. AKs are cheaper though

Last edited:

As far as I know:

The M16 has a non-adjustable stock and 20" barrel, whereas the M4 has a collapsible stock and 14.5" barrel. 

-Minimum barrel length for rifles in CA is 16"

I think you can have the 14.5" barrel as long as the muzzle brake on the tip of the barrel extends past the 16" minimum and it's permanently attached (welded).

There's many different variations of each one, but those are the main differences. 

Forget about owning an automatic in CA. I believe it's a felony to even possess the parts necessary to convert your weapon into an automatic. 

Ill answer half and let richie/arguy/223 steer you in the right direction as im not yet an AR guy myself. You cannot own a select fire weapon or any automatic weapon as a civilian without a class III. Similar deal with silencers. 200 for a batf to get those i know off top.

And yea as far as the differences in the models.. ill let them tell ya what to look for. AKs are cheaper though

how does one go about getting a class III? I imagine it's just as difficult as getting a Concealed weapons permit? I'll be joining the NRA soon as well.

As far as I know:
The M16 has a non-adjustable stock and 20" barrel, whereas the M4 has a collapsible stock and 14.5" barrel. 
-Minimum barrel length for rifles in CA is 16"

I think you can have the 14.5" barrel as long as the muzzle brake on the tip of the barrel extends past the 16" minimum and it's permanently attached (welded).

There's many different variations of each one, but those are the main differences. 

Forget about owning an automatic in CA. I believe it's a felony to even possess the parts necessary to convert your weapon into an automatic. 

:wow: California really sucks. Guess I shouldn't even really mess with that in that case. :smh:

Where are you guys located?

Gonna pick up some of those gun magazines next time I'm at the grocery store.

no such thing as a class 3 license; suppressors, short barreled rifles (barrel shorter than 16"), short barreled shotguns (less than 18"), and suppressors all fall under Class III of the National Firearms Act. In order to own these items, you need to submit an application with the BATFE along with $200 for the stamp. For the ATF application you either need to register the item in a Trust, or apply as an indivual by getting the signature of your locales chief law enforcement officer.

Basically, the cheapest full auto you will find (legally) will run you about $4000 (for a cheapish MAC-11 type). Full auto AR-15's ( very very few M-16's in private hands as they are considered US property) will run you anywhere from $13k-20k. HK's will run you about the same. Basically I know I'll never own one.

For Ar's there are certain parts that will turn your semi auto into a full auto. RDIAS and Lightning links. Even those will cost you $1000s of dollars as no new automatic parts/guns for civillian sales have been made since 1986.

There are some things like the SlideFire stock and certain triggers that replicate automatic fire. Difference is in the mechanism, and from what I understand, are only fun after a few times. The slidefire stock runs about $300 and theres a trigger (forget the name) that costs $500. It's not a full auto, but its the closest youll get for less than 10 year old honda.

Frank will know a lot more about this, but in Cali your AR cannot have certain features like removeable magazine, collapsible stock, pistol grip, flash hider (more accurately can only have a certain number of these parts).

no such thing as a class 3 license; suppressors, short barreled rifles (barrel shorter than 16"), short barreled shotguns (less than 18"), and suppressors all fall under Class III of the National Firearms Act. In order to own these items, you need to submit an application with the BATFE along with $200 for the stamp. For the ATF application you either need to register the item in a Trust, or apply as an indivual by getting the signature of your locales chief law enforcement officer.

Basically, the cheapest full auto you will find (legally) will run you about $4000 (for a cheapish MAC-11 type). Full auto AR-15's ( very very few M-16's in private hands as they are considered US property) will run you anywhere from $13k-20k. HK's will run you about the same. Basically I know I'll never own one.

For Ar's there are certain parts that will turn your semi auto into a full auto. RDIAS and Lightning links. Even those will cost you $1000s of dollars as no new automatic parts/guns for civillian sales have been made since 1986.

There are some things like the SlideFire stock and certain triggers that replicate automatic fire. Difference is in the mechanism, and from what I understand, are only fun after a few times. The slidefire stock runs about $300 and theres a trigger (forget the name) that costs $500. It's not a full auto, but its the closest youll get for less than 10 year old honda.

Frank will know a lot more about this, but in Cali your AR cannot have certain features like removeable magazine, collapsible stock, pistol grip, flash hider (more accurately can only have a certain number of these parts).

Pretty much this.

Like richiecotite said, those features are considered "evil features." If you want to have that pistol grip and etc you have to have a bullet button installed. They have ones which are easily reversed in case you go out of state to shoot.

You can check out this flow chart to see what is legal and what isn't: http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

On the other hand you could get something like this:

With that kind of setup you don't have to have the bullet button.

Magazines are also limited to 10 rounds but there's plenty of places online that will sell you magazine rebuild kits so if you do go out of state you could put it together in 10 seconds and have 30 round mags.

The laws are just crazy out here.

This is my pistol when I first bought it home. Super long barrel and the magazine was blocked off so it could only fire one round.

Yuckk. Thx for clearin that up Richie

For some reason i thought it was like half that expensive. Still effed up its a pay to play situation. I need to get my funds up.

H&k93 will be mine someday

Pretty much this.

Like richiecotite said, those features are considered "evil features." If you want to have that pistol grip and etc you have to have a bullet button installed. They have ones which are easily reversed in case you go out of state to shoot.

You can check out this flow chart to see what is legal and what isn't: http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

On the other hand you could get something like this:

With that kind of setup you don't have to have the bullet button.

Magazines are also limited to 10 rounds but there's plenty of places online that will sell you magazine rebuild kits so if you do go out of state you could put it together in 10 seconds and have 30 round mags.

The laws are just crazy out here.

This is my pistol when I first bought it home. Super long barrel and the magazine was blocked off so it could only fire one round.

man, I knew California was bad with this, but this is just horrible. Best to not even mess with Assault Rifles.

by the way, is AR an abbreviation of Assault Rifles or something else? I ask because there's AK and AR.

:lol: sorry guys.

man, I knew California was bad with this, but this is just horrible. Best to not even mess with Assault Rifles.

by the way, is AR an abbreviation of Assault Rifles or something else? I ask because there's AK and AR.

laugh.gif
sorry guys.
No, it's for Armalite Rifle, they created the AR-10 (.308) ...and yeah Cali and NY suck if you wanna have guns.

and there is a Class III license but it's for dealers of all that cool NFA stuff: SBRs, SBSs, AOWs, suppressors, what have you.

Last edited:
Yuckk. Thx for clearin that up Richie

For some reason i thought it was like half that expensive. Still effed up its a pay to play situation. I need to get my funds up.

H&k93 will be mine someday

Yeah, there was a (very, very short period) I was thinking of selling a few guns to find a MAC-11 in 45.

Honestly, the HK's are a relatively decent deal. From what I understand, the trigger packs for the HK's (the part that makes the gun auto) can be dropped into other guns of the same or similar caliber.

Personally, the only thing I would drop that kind of money on would be an MP-5SD sbr. To me, those are the coolest/most bad *** guns ever. Clearly I watched too much Van Damme, Segal, and Chuck Norris during my youth.

Not only do ca laws suck as far as guns go but all models have to be approved by the state I don't even think the gen 4 glocks are up sale in CA yet. It's crazy. Just get something practical. I have both an ak and an Ar. The fellas broke it down pretty well. I suggest you go to a range and just rent out a few pistols before you buy anything.

Not only do ca laws suck as far as guns go but all models have to be approved by the state I don't even think the gen 4 glocks are up sale in CA yet. It's crazy. Just get something practical. I have both an ak and an Ar. The fellas broke it down pretty well. I suggest you go to a range and just rent out a few pistols before you buy anything.

:lol:

My HK P30L isn't on the approved roster list but that's how I was able to buy it.

You can basically buy any hand gun by doing the same thing, getting an extended barrel and blocking off the magazine so its only one round. After you purchase and register it you can do whatever you want when you bring it home.

The process is 100% reversible and doesn't affect the gun at all.

You can read more about the single shot exemption here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=383692

It still might be difficult finding a dealer willing to ship. Luckily the guys I bought from didn't mind shipping it to another out of state dealer who put in the barrel and blocked the magwell who then had to ship it to my local store which would accept it since some stores won't, cause they think it's illegal.

Last edited:
My state is very gun friendly. We don't need ccws to carry concealed. No mag limit. It's hard to argue why ca has the laws it has.
What state do you live in? Im in TX which is very gun friendly but we do need CHLs and there is no open carry which is fine... I wouldn't walk around showing my glock anyway. CAs reasons: LA Riots, Gangs and Raiders fans.

My state is very gun friendly. We don't need ccws to carry concealed. No mag limit. It's hard to argue why ca has the laws it has.
What state do you live in? Im in TX which is very gun friendly but we do need CHLs and there is no open carry which is fine... I wouldn't walk around showing my glock anyway. CAs reasons: LA Riots, Gangs and Raiders fans.

I'm in Arizona. State did away with ccw's like 2 years ago. I was just in la I was disgusted by how many raiders fans I seen, fake cholos.

I'm in Arizona. State did away with ccw's like 2 years ago. I was just in la I was disgusted by how many raiders fans I seen, fake cholos.
I was gonna guess AZ, I heard they're one of the most lax states when it comes to gun laws. Yeah I lived in LA for about a year and the "Raider Nation" is ridiculous 
laugh.gif
 it's like another gang, idiots dressed in the same colors with their cars decked out in Raiders logos. I heard they get pretty serious about their games but I never witnessed anything... but I digress, so in AZ you can open and conceal carry with no kind of license whatsoever?

I was gonna guess AZ, I heard they're one of the most lax states when it comes to gun laws. Yeah I lived in LA for about a year and the "Raider Nation" is ridiculous :lol:  it's like another gang, idiots dressed in the same colors with their cars decked out in Raiders logos. I heard they get pretty serious about their games but I never witnessed anything... but I digress, so in AZ you can open and conceal carry with no kind of license whatsoever?

Yeah state doesn't require for you to have a ccw if you do cool if you don't cool as well. Certain establishments don't allow them in at all. I still want my ccw regardless because it's accepted like in 35 other states. I never open carry because I feel like everyone is looking. I just conceal carry iwb holster just about everyday. But to answer your question yes you can carry without needing a permit of any sort.

Last edited:
Pa ccw easy as hell to get. Open carry allowed aside from philly

N maryland... I hafta take n 8 hr class n wait a year to get another ccw i believe :x

Should jus reup on my PA liscence n ise my rents addy. My pops has the same name. Get caught tho and i could get blacklisted for life. No more guns.... Class it is i guess

I think more than anything it's the hippie liberals we have who were brainwashed to believe guns are bad. :lol:

But gangs and Raider fans are both very annoying.

that one bullet thing has to be the most ridiculous law I've ever heard... the problem with gun laws is they only affect law abiding citizens. Bad guys still get them regardless.

To all new gun owners be aware it's an expensive hobby lmaoooooo. But buy smart and your money is there in the guns.

With that being said I need a glock 19 gen 4

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom