NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Range last week.

:pimp:

25 feet with the Deagle

50 feet with the PT92

Last 4 rounds of the day with the Taurus :smokin

Getting rid of my AK47, selling it to my compadre, less than 100 rounds thru her but the build of it is heavy the hand guard quad rail is all steel smh

Thoughts of a LNIB glock 19 gen 4 for $520 3 oem 15 round mags, and 1 33 round mag oem as well. Range bag and case all OEM stuff.

I offered dude $450 thinking he won't go less than $500.

$500 would be solid, $450 would be a good deal, especially if it's like new.

From what Ive seen, .40 cal anything doesn't sell like 9mm. I think a lot of people are going back to 9mm or .45, or as I like to think, learn better :tongue: (I'm a certified .40 hater fwiw)

I have a box of .40 been sitting for ages. Don't own anything to shoot it, maybe I'll rent a .40 at the range next time just for the hell of it :lol:

Most ranges (at least the ones Ive been to) require you to purchase their ammo for rental guns. They don't want bubba (or me) renting their guns to test their new +p+ gunshow reloads through their firearms.

$500 would be solid, $450 would be a good deal, especially if it's like new.

From what Ive seen, .40 cal anything doesn't sell like 9mm. I think a lot of people are going back to 9mm or .45, or as I like to think, learn better :tongue: (I'm a certified .40 hater fwiw)

I'm trying to convince dude to let it go for 450

New to this thread. I'm fascinated with WW2 firearms mostly. My dad has a ton in a room in our basement. Thompson, Mausers, Mosins, Enfields, Springfields, Martini Henrys, Arisakas, etc. No full autos but he has his Thompson, Sten, and UZI registered as a SBR so no comical barrel. 

Only 17 but my first purchase will be an Arisaka with the chrysanthemum still intact. Dream gun is probably a surplus fully automatic PPSH. Would also love an L98 but as far as I know those can't be had. 

Sorry for the ramblings 
laugh.gif

Most ranges (at least the ones Ive been to) require you to purchase their ammo for rental guns. They don't want bubba (or me) renting their guns to test their new +p+ gunshow reloads through their firearms.

Luckily the range I frequent lacks supervision. No ammo check or anything at the front desk :lol:

Man, I haven't been in this thread in a minute, but I'm so jealous of you guys down in the South with practically zero gun laws lol. I went to lunch with my mom today, and afterwards I went to the LGS down the street "just to look". I've been wanting a S&W 686 revolver for a while, but apparently they're falling off the California roster and are kind of hard to come by (have to be modified to single action prior to purchase and then converted back to normal afterwards). Only a couple models are on there, but none are what I was looking for. So the guy brings out a Dan Wesson 715 with a 6" barrel, and I'm sold. As they're doing the paperwork, I see a Sig Sauer 1911 with the SSE job and long *** barrel. I ask the guy how I can get off roster guns and he said that I'd have to buy them there because they only have certain barrels/guns etc..I brought up the HK45, and how I wish they were on the roster, so he goes to the next counter and pulls one out....so anyway, on 7/14 I pick up my new Dan Wesson revolver, and on 8/15 I pick up my new HK45 lol. Still need to order my WC 1911...damn

Well damn dog....your doing it real big. Hk45 might be the best 45 caliber platform since the 1911. If you already haven't, google Todd green's hk45 testing. 50k plus rounds through the same postol with a handful of (mostly ammo related) stoppages.

I got to fingerbang a couple of Wilson cqb'/ this weekend. That's will probably be my next purchase (unfortunately, it'll take me a few years to save enough to buy it)

[COLOR=#red]I'm in the process of creating a video that shows the advantage of a short barreled firearm in Close Quarter Maneuvers over a longer barrel firearm. I'll be showing from the perspective of the "target" and showing the difference of speed of acquisition. I'll be using my shotgun as the longer barrel firearm, it's not much longer than my shortest legal (without ATF paperwork at least) AR platform.

The maneuvers and techniques I'll be using are what were taught to me in solo room clearing exercises in the kill house. We did live ammo room clearing with instant feedback. This should be interesting...I'm also going to show how the strobe light feature works and looks to a target. It's very disorienting. I'm not sure a vid like this has been made, and I have the camera and equipment to make it happen. Should take me a week or so. I'll keep you guys posted, wish me luck. [/COLOR]

*Pickup/Brag Post warning*

Went to the gunshow down in Richmond, VA this past weekend (about an hour and 1/2 away) specifically to find some powder. I sold off my aimpoint because at this point in life, I shoot pistol on a weekly basis, haven't shot my rifle since March, and frankly I'm not all that interested in shooting rifle since there aren't any outdoor ranges within 100 miles of me.

So i get to the show about 45 mins after it opens, look around and notice it's pretty small, but luckily i find a table that has some reloading components. I picked up 200 124 gr HST pulldowns for $24, 1000 Tula large magnum primers for $25, and noticed they had some "surplus powder" with handgun reloading info posted on the jug.I figured why not, and pulled the trigger on 4lbs. Ended up talking to some locals who told me about another place not too far away, so i figured I'd check it out. Glad I did. I got 4 lbs of Accurate No. 2 and 2 lbs of power pistol. With my current stock, Saturdays score should be enough to last me through the "Hilary 2016" panic buying that should be coming soon :tongue:

Just applied for my permit hopefully I get approved. I'm thinking about grabbing an S&W sigma for my first

I've also been busy working up some new 45 loads. Right now I have 230 gr plated bullets, 200 gr lead, semi wadcutters, and 250 gr hard cast flat nose. I want to develop a good woods load, for the times me and the fam go camping and hiking. Right now, for a target load for the LSWC, I've settled on one of the Wilson signature loads. Should be driving that 200 gr pill around 930 fps. Not bad, and thats well within pressure specs.

I'd like to safely push that 250 gr pill to 900 fps, not sure if that even possible, but I would certainly take 850 or so. Not sure if it's possible with commercial powder, but buffalo bore has a 255 gr that chronos at 925 fps....it's a +p load, but a few of those shouldnt hurt a modern handgun too much assuming the case head is fully supported.

Of course, there's always .45 super

Doing some research online, it's amazing what you can do 45 acp. Especially companies like doubletap and especially buffalo bore. Im beginning to think JMB might have been on to something. 45 ACP has to be one of the most diverse and adaptable cartridges out there.

Anyway, a few from last night.

elderwatsondiggs elderwatsondiggs do you have any videos already made? I'm interested in watching :nerd:

And man I really need to start reloading. Last time at the range I went thru like 500 rounds of 5.56. Needless to say dudes were vultures all over my brass :lol:

Man, I haven't been in this thread in a minute, but I'm so jealous of you guys down in the South with practically zero gun laws lol. I went to lunch with my mom today, and afterwards I went to the LGS down the street "just to look". I've been wanting a S&W 686 revolver for a while, but apparently they're falling off the California roster and are kind of hard to come by (have to be modified to single action prior to purchase and then converted back to normal afterwards). Only a couple models are on there, but none are what I was looking for. So the guy brings out a Dan Wesson 715 with a 6" barrel, and I'm sold. As they're doing the paperwork, I see a Sig Sauer 1911 with the SSE job and long *** barrel. I ask the guy how I can get off roster guns and he said that I'd have to buy them there because they only have certain barrels/guns etc..I brought up the HK45, and how I wish they were on the roster, so he goes to the next counter and pulls one out....so anyway, on 7/14 I pick up my new Dan Wesson revolver, and on 8/15 I pick up my new HK45 lol. Still need to order my WC 1911...damn

Nice.

If you go back several pages you'll see pics of my SSE HK P30L

I'd love to get an HK45 too but the wait list at my spot is so long.

IMO if you're going to get a sigma might as well get the glock or an m&p

QFT. I see LNIB m&p's going for $425 on my local gun board all day. Not sure where you are located or your laws, but a messageboard like that is a good place to look for a first.

If you do decide to go with the sigma, make sure its the sdve instead of the older styled sigma. The older guns had some issues if i recall.

IMO if you're going to get a sigma might as well get the glock or an m&p
QFT. I see LNIB m&p's going for $425 on my local gun board all day. Not sure where you are located or your laws, but a messageboard like that is a good place to look for a first.

If you do decide to go with the sigma, make sure its the sdve instead of the older styled sigma. The older guns had some issues if i recall.
I own the SD9VE, paid $400 like 2 years ago cool and easy gun to take apart never failed me at all but I wish I would've known more about guns back then and used that money towards a glock or m&p 9mm

Everything. Reliability history and trigger are the big things tho. The sigma trigger is god awful stock. The ergos are meh. Jis nothing really great about it. With so many other quality options hard to advise buying that model unless u get a good deal. Id rather own any of the big 3 or a ruger sr series which will run you the same money.

If i had one im sure id replace the trigger and be happy as a pig n **** with it but i wouldnt actively look for a Sigma.

elderwatsondiggs elderwatsondiggs do you have any videos already made? I'm interested in watching :nerd:

And man I really need to start reloading. Last time at the range I went thru like 500 rounds of 5.56. Needless to say dudes were vultures all over my brass :lol:

[COLOR=#red]All I have is a Vid for my AK, was my first video. I've since upgraded from that point so an update for that vid has to be in the works.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom