NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Thanks bro I'll probably shoot the calibers I'm interested in first...I hate having duplicate calibers so I'm really open to anything I might end up back at 5.56...the ammo prices though ugh

Thanks bro I'll probably shoot the calibers I'm interested in first...I hate having duplicate calibers so I'm really open to anything I might end up back at 5.56...the ammo prices though ugh
One more thing- the rifles I shot in .308 were bolt action. A semi-auto may help to soak up a bit of that recoil, so shooting it from an AR might not be QUITE as bad as what I remember when I shot it (though if it's a light rifle that advantage might be negated). Guess you can try it out and see what you think.

I agree about duplicate calibers. Obv you don't want to have all your guns in a single caliber (in case it is no longer available for some reason), but I like to keep it narrowed down to a short list. If I spend the same amount of money on ammo, I have that much more stock of a few calibers rather than spreading it out and only having a couple boxes of lots of calibers...

Last edited:
I decided to go with a red dot and an AFG.

I didn't like the red dot all the way on the front of the receiver. Had to move it back a little. I'm 6'6", so I'll have the stock all the way out and the grip as far forward as it will go.

I might add some flip up BUIS, but other than that, she's done and ready for some rounds..

Speaking of Optics/Sights I've been feeling the EOTECH holographic sights but the lawsuits turned me off.

:lol: who cares about back up sights on a for fun gun. Besides shooting sigh less is fun. That ar is dope though.

As far as .40 vs 9 I'm rolling with 9mm all day. I keep gold dot +p in my shield so no worries there. I like shooting cheap surplus.

Speaking of Optics/Sights I've been feeling the EOTECH holographic sights but the lawsuits turned me off.
I just got my refund check in the mail from Eotech. Now I'm deciding between an Aimpoint T-1/2 or a Trijicon RMR.

Went to the gun range today to blow off some steam

Left shortly after cuz my hands were freezing :lol:

Used the barrel to warm up walking back Inside :lol:

how much did you pay/where did you get them from?

I'd like to have a box for nostalgia and colection purposes, but prices are od....
A gun show in south florida at a private sellers ammo stand. He only had two boxes and I grabbed them for 35 each. A pretty decent price considering there age if you ask me 

anyone have a video or site they recommend for shooting tips?

My aim sucks.

YouTube

Are you shooting a rifle or a pistol? Either way... Try to look up "shooting techniques", "shooting stance", "shooting grip", "how to use handgun sights", etc..

To give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe your sights need to be adjusted or there's something else wrong with your gun which is causing you to have poor accuracy lol.

I've found a few good videos on YouTube that talk specifically about trigger control. Very helpful especially to new shooters. Basically explains how such a slight twitch of your hand when pulling the trigger can cause your aim to be so far off and how to prevent that by squeezing the trigger correctly.

anyone have a video or site they recommend for shooting tips?

My aim sucks.

YouTube

Are you shooting a rifle or a pistol? Either way... Try to look up "shooting techniques", "shooting stance", "shooting grip", "how to use handgun sights", etc..

To give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe your sights need to be adjusted or there's something else wrong with your gun which is causing you to have poor accuracy lol.

I've found a few good videos on YouTube that talk specifically about trigger control. Very helpful especially to new shooters. Basically explains how such a slight twitch of your hand when pulling the trigger can cause your aim to be so far off and how to prevent that by squeezing the trigger correctly.

I am shooting a S&W shield 9 mm.
The rear sight is appears visually to be set to the right as the "rear sight inert is hanging out slightly. so that seems wrong.

but i am also talking about (even when i get the rear sight in the middle) where do i put the target at with my aim. vids/tutorials like that.

Back
Top Bottom