NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

It's good to see this thread is still going strong.

I've been buying as much ammo as I can locally. Picked up 80rds of 5.56 today and had a nice little come up at Cabela's a couple weeks ago.

It's good to see this thread is still going strong.

I've been buying as much ammo as I can locally. Picked up 80rds of 5.56 today and had a nice little come up at Cabela's a couple weeks ago.

[COLOR=#red]Dam good to see you back in here bro...How did the competition go? The Texas Tactical one in July?[/COLOR]

I'm not going to lie Ammo Seek is great but sometimes when you add in the shipping and taxes it pretty much amounts to what you can get locally. Regardless though it is an excellent resource.

I'm not going to lie Ammo Seek is great but sometimes when you add in the shipping and taxes it pretty much amounts to what you can get locally. Regardless though it is an excellent resource.

[COLOR=#red]For a box or two or three of ammo just to hit the range for a few rounds of practice local buying is cool. Buying in bulk like 500-1000 rounds or more I go online. So much easier that way. To be honest I'm I need to be buying ammo instead of a new firearm, because ammunition is what has the higher likely hood of being scarce. Of course reloading is even smarter, but I never really could get into it. That could change though.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]For a box or two or three of ammo just to hit the range for a few rounds of practice local buying is cool. Buying in bulk like 500-1000 rounds or more I go online. So much easier that way. To be honest I'm I need to be buying ammo instead of a new firearm, because ammunition is what has the higher likely hood of being scarce. Of course reloading is even smarter, but I never really could get into it. That could change though.[/COLOR]

To me HK 45 > Ammo. Lol I honestly love that gun I'll some day pick it up. I've also even thought about picking up a TRP 1911 but I swear just to find one is a headache and resell prices on them forget about it.

I've been reading that people are having just as a hard time finding the items needed to reload. A lot of the reload presses were out of stock on websites for the longest time until recently. Reloading takes a lot of time as well with the different mixtures of powder and the whole actual process of reloading. It's definitely a learning process but it's something that can be worth it in the long run. :D

Springfield TRP is one of the better value 1911's you can buy (assuming you can get it for 'street price', 1300 or less. Then again you could just get a colt rail gun and be done with it, or spend a few extra dollars and get Dan Wesson)

Reloading supplies are just as hard to find as ammo in many places. Again, its all about where you are. Where I live, i haven't seen 9mm or 45 on the shelves at walmart since the new year, and I just can't pay $18 for a box of 9mm target ammo.

I know gunbot has expanded to include reloading supplies and you can find things online as well, only the HazMat fees are going to kill any savings compared to buying local unless you order in bulk. On a local gun forum, theres a group buy for bullets at an extremely fair price. I've had pretty good success on local forums doing deals and finding good values.

And actually handloading is relatively easy once you have your equipment setup. I have a turret press and I yesterday i timed myself, it takes me 7 minutes to load 35 cartridges. I probably loaded about 250 rounds yesterday (an hour total time) at a leisurely pace, 10 minutes here, 5 minutes between washing clothes, 20 minutes there, it's not bad.

The way i see it, you can always find any commonly made gun. Between gunbroker, gun shops, local outlets, and messageboards, theres not a gun thats made you can't find for a competitive price. Ammo, thats a whole 'nother ball game. It's a comsummable good, and subject to market conditions.

If i had the bread, hk45 compacts would be copped. Probably the best modern .45 design out there and I love my M&P's! Speaking of which, pic of my compact, with 8rd mag (w pinky rest) and full sized 10 round mag with xgrip. Ammo is 230 gr Federal HST.

Nice cole haan Lunars lol

And yea gimme the h&k 45 over the ammo

My cousin out west started dating this lil half Asian half white girl that's like 110 lbs top....

Chick owns her own Remington 700 and h&k p2000sk.... And shoots them well. She's easily as good a shot as I àm

Soooo sexy :smh:

M&ps are so nice... Eventually ill get one. Second to none ergonomic ally and the wave slide serrations are not a gimmick. So much easy to charge/manipulate the slide when ur hands are sweaty.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]:lol: Yeah I see Cotite gettin in pics of his Lunargrands. This is NT after all.

I don't know guys I mean while I really want to scoop the HK45C mostly because it will be a new experience for me. I cannot put it head above shoulders over the FN Series of 45's. They are just as accurate and have nice capacity. To me HK and FN .45s are like Merc and Bimmer. So close it's almost imperceptible while having their own unique standout features.

With that being said those HKs are so dam sexy!!

Oh yeah I think that the scalloped slide grip on the M&P's make for nice detail. [/COLOR]

Last edited:
of course that was totally unintentional....:wink:

JewSee- if i had to do it all over, i'd find me a joint that likes guns. There's not much sexier than a girl who can shoot a gun (see: Jessie Duff). A tip of the hat to your cousin

I'm a big fan of hk, my buddy has a usp compact 45 and that thing is supernice. the hk45 is basically just supposed to be the updated and streamlined version. The only thing in my mind the FNP/X has over the hk is capacity. 16 rounds of .45 is almost ridiculous.....ridiculously awesome!

If it's a pistol your just going to use for range/nightstand duty, the FN is probably the better bet. If you're gonna carry it, i think the hk wins.

Of course either way your still gonna need to put a can on it :nerd:

Last edited:
Don't forget that Black Friday is around the corner, save a few hundred and wait for the amazing ammo sales. Cabelas usually dope deals. Last year 50 rounds of 9mm at 10.99.

Im spending at least 1k on ammo this year

Don't forget that Black Friday is around the corner, save a few hundred and wait for the amazing ammo sales. Cabelas usually dope deals. Last year 50 rounds of 9mm at 10.99.

I like ur style.... does cabelas have any crazy deals on guns too or jus ammo?

I would stay away from Cabelas when it comes to guns, they usually mark them up. Ammo is what they usually have on sale. Last year a can of 223 was 159.99 for 500 rounds of brass, I would say its a darn good deal.

Now don't forget other retailers will have great gun deals. I personally just get on slickguns.com and see what is being offered, great deals pop. Check it out if you haven't already. I use SL for ammo/guns all the time.
Cabela usually has the worst prices on handguns regardless on sale or not well in Texas anyway. I've found way better deals at pawnshops and gun shows.
Yep totally agree.

i think we all need to get used to the new normal. I doubt we'll ever see 10.99 for a box of brass cased 9mm again. Even wal-mart is going up on prices, their winchester 5.56 is close to $13 per box of 20. And ammo shortages won't be out of the ordinary either.

From here on out, I'm only buying reloading components. Going to order 4 or 5 thousand 9mil and .45 bullets. Need to stack my pennies and place a big order for primers and powder sometime after the new year. I figure for $1100 in components I can load at least 4,000 rounds of 9mm and 2,000 rounds of .45.

If anyone has any .45 acp brass they're trying to dispose of, you know where to send it. Will gladly pay shipping and a convenience charge :nerd:

what kind of 1911 is that? Either way, you've got very good tastes.

And jesus, 7 months for the stock kit? thats wild. Have you gotten your paperwork back for the 6933? If so, how long was the wait?

[COLOR=#red]Dam good to see you back in here bro...How did the competition go? The Texas Tactical one in July?[/COLOR]

I didn't end up going to the one in July, there's one next weekend and I'm definitely going.

And per request I'm going to do a quick review of the M&P9 Promag I bought.

Promag on the left, OEM on the right.

So I put about 100 rds through this mag alone this past weekend and a few observations. The promag feels lighter and cheaper than the OEM mag. I noticed this is past weekend.

I don't know if that gouge has always been there or not or what caused it. Now I'm not going to lie, I'm not the best with a pistol so I would only load 5 rounds fire, dry fire, and the

repeat the process. In the time it took me to do that I had 4 malfunctions with this mag and they were all the same. The last round wouldn't load into the chamber and this is the first

time this has happened so it leads me to believe that the mag was the culprit. I'm not sure I'd buy another promag magazine for my M&P. I'll continue to use it as a range mag but

that's where it will stay.

Also I put a freefloat rail on my AR today. Centurion Arms C4 FSP rail.

I love it. Going to try it out tomorrow at the Texas Tactical shoot.

You really can't go wrong with a Glock.

Look into the Springfield Armory XD line as well.

Probably gonna pick up a S&W SD9 before the end of the year, wondering what ammo sales will look like during holiday season if any at all.

Back
Top Bottom