NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Finally got a decent gig to be able to start building an AR-15/M4 what parts do yall suggest? Just a tidbit, I'm looking at .223 since the 5x56 ammo is a little more pricey but would like to feed both if possible

It really depends on your budget and what you want/need. I'd say if you want to keep it under $750 or so, i'd be looking at palmetto state armory. Right now they have their premium bolt carrier groups for $100 or so. It's MPI and HPT, and is hell of a deal. A stripped lower will run you about $100 plus transfer fees (about $120 total in my 'hood) or, a lpk another $50 and a good upper receiver group for $279. Add a rear sight, handguards and stock and you have a perfectly serviceable rifle for less than $700.

Personally, the next AR I purchase/build will be a rainier arms. They are an extremely good deal if you think you want extra's or are trying to go higher end for a build. For example, they have complete lowers for $380. That includes a Heavy buffer (those usually run about $25) , ambi BAD *** selector ($50), ALG QMS ($45), B5 Bravo stock ($60), Fortis QD end plate ($20), MOE grip and triggerguard ($35). They basically save you $100. Their RUC rifles would price out to about $2k for all the bells and whistles and they cost about

Yea $750 is a good price. I feel I could build a good one as opposed to buying one prebuilt. Good looks on the info

First time gun owner. Just picked this bad boy up. Brand new. I call him "NEIGHBOORHOOD NIPSEY". Love this thread BTW, been lurkin for a min. :nthat:

Last edited:
any reason you decided to roll with the compensated version?

I copped it for home protection... I opted for the compensated version because eventually Im gonna transfer ownership of this gun to my wifey, and I didnt want her to have to deal with too much recoil.

EDIT:

Like I said I'm a first time gun owner so Im not gonna pretend like Im a guru or know any of this ****. My homies are gun enthusiasts and based on what I told them I wanted they recommended me this. Paid $525 for it brand new and now Im a proud gun owner. :lol:

Last edited:
now Im a proud gun owner. :lol:

And thats the important part....

At least since it's a glock if you find you don't like the ported barrel, you can get a replacemet for pretty cheap. Never shot a comped gun, but i imagine recoil is next to nothing.

Glock 19C in action and a quick but thorough review.

For me personally, the benefits of reduced recoil far out weigh the effects of muzzle blast... Wifey was holding it for quite some time yesterday to get comfortable with it and she really likes it. She's aware of all the saftey precautions as well. I told her you MUST get familair with this ****. :lol:

Last edited:
Glock 19C in action and a quick but thorough review.

For me personally, the benefits of reduced recoil far out weigh the effects of muzzle blast... Wifey was holding it for quite some time yesterday to get comfortable with it and she really likes it. She's aware of all the saftey precautions as well. I told her you MUST get familair with this ****. :lol:
if its for wifey id trade for the non c....

In the event you ever have to use it (someones in your home) a sucessful follow up rd > less felt recoil

Test fire it at night once... ull see that blast is no *** and well def impede vision n a dark environment. You can get heavier slides and stainless steel guide rods to reduce felt recoil to just about compensated levels also.

if its for wifey id trade for the non c....

In the event you ever have to use it (someones in your home) a sucessful follow up rd > less felt recoil

Test fire it at night once... ull see that blast is no *** and well def impede vision n a dark environment. You can get heavier slides and stainless steel guide rods to reduce felt recoil to just about compensated levels also.

Good looks JEWSEEJAY!!! :nthat: I do plan on attaching a flashlight to it and I heard that can help with the perceived "nightblindess" when firing within a dark enviornment.

When it's all said and done I plan on having at least 4-5 handguns in my arsenal. After doing more research I might actually just keep this one and get wifey a Glock 26 or Glock 27. The more I grip this G19C the more and more I like it everyday. Will try to do some night shooting real soon to see if the night blinding is really that big of an issue. I'll report back soon.

Just went to the shooting range for the first time Monday with a coworker. Man it is definitely a fun experience, and I am definitely looking forward to owning a handgun in the future for shooting at the range and home defense.

I shot a Sig P226 9mm and 40. And as a first time buyer, I am looking to try a Glock 17, and Springfield XD, is the 45. A major difference from the 40. The Sig P266 40. Felt really good, and I was wondering if the jump to a 45. Is a big difference. Thanks in adv.

recoil depends on a few different things, like the person shooting, gun weight, bore axis, how you grip it, etc. I've read m&p 40 recoil feels like a 9mm. A long time ago I had a .40 glock 22 and that thing was terrible.

Personally, I think .40 recoil is worse than 9 or 45. 45 is more of a 'push', .40 is more of a 'snap' I would say if you can handle the 40, you'll be fine with 45.

Realistically, as long as you get a good grip on it, there's not a whole lotta difference between

^ thanks for the info.. I was looking into the Glock 22 40. Doesn't shoot well? Or the recoil/ grip is terrible?. I plan on renting one next time I shoot, but at the moment I am leaning towards the Springfield XD40, due to the similar handle of the P226.. but some of the prices are a little higher than I would like to spend.

It shot ok for me, i didn't like the recoil impulse. It was way more snappy than anything. It was a used gun i did nothing to, and a gen 2, so maybe the recoil spring was worn out, or some other issue with it. I was young and dumb and didn't know anything about maintenance and just knew it was a 'glock fotay':tongue:

honestly, unless there's a local store you really like and want to support, check out gunbroker.com. a quick glance looks like you can get them around 450 or so. Add in 25 for shipping, and whatever transfer fee your local store charges, you might come out ahead.

I can understand why a lot of people like .40, it splits the difference between .45 (proven manstopper) and 9mm (high capacity), during the ammo shortages you could still find ammo for it, with a barrel and recoil spring swap you can shoot 9mm or .357 sig, etc.

^^repped. Thanks again for the info.. I just want my first purchase to be a quality pistol, so I don't have to buy another in the near future.

Like someone mentioned at least with the G19C you can put a regular G19 non compensated barrel in it. I have 23C (.40 cal) with a G32 non-compensated barrel (.357 sig) in it. I high polished the 32 barrel and it looks good through the vent holes of the slide. In my personal opinion if she is going to use it as a self-defense I'd replace the barrel with a non-compensated one, just a suggestion.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

^^repped. Thanks again for the info.. I just want my first purchase to be a quality pistol, so I don't have to buy another in the near future.

U did good man. Pretty good price for a great gun.

Trading my Sr45 plus rds for a Kel Tec sub 2000 n 9mm this weekend. Geeeked

JewSee-

Is the keltec setup for glock mags or beretta mags? I was looking super hard at them a few months ago, but I didnt pull the trigger just because I knew how much they went for before the panic of '13, and couldn't pay almost double. FWIW, if i could have found one for $450 or under, I probably would have tried to make that move.

How is the Tangfoglio* sorry if misspelled. Looks really nice, but I wanted some insight on quality and feel.

Like someone mentioned at least with the G19C you can put a regular G19 non compensated barrel in it. I have 23C (.40 cal) with a G32 non-compensated barrel (.357 sig) in it. I high polished the 32 barrel and it looks good through the vent holes of the slide. In my personal opinion if she is going to use it as a self-defense I'd replace the barrel with a non-compensated one, just a suggestion.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

Excuse my ignorance... So getting a non compensated barrel on my G19C will not have any effects on the guns performance? If thats the case Im ordering my stainless steel barrel right now. That black and silver setup you got going looks MEAN... Just give me that and rubber grips and Im pretty much set for now.

[quote name="430AM"] Excuse my ignorance... So getting a non compensated barrel on my G19C will not have any effects on the guns performance? If thats the case Im ordering my stainless steel barrel right now. That black and silver setup you got going looks MEAN... Just give me that and rubber grips and Im pretty much set for now.[/quote]

No effects on performance except may be more felt recoil due to the vent holes, which makes the slide not as heavy. But thats really minuscule and honestly you probably won't even notice.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

Last edited:
i know im late to the convo, but why have a compensated slide with a non-compensated barrel? at that rate...you have it just for looks.

what i came here for was, have you guys seen this new ammo type? hope it hasnt been posted yet i dont wanna be that guy:

these are overkill in my opinion. seeing how excited people are to get this ammo is worrisome as well. fragmenting/shrapnel ammo? even in the video the shrapnel exits the target and hits everything behind it. NO THANKS. and dont think for a second that youll get "not guilty" in a trial with a round that looks like that and is named "R.I.P"  cmonnnnnnnnn

That wound channel is absurd :x looks like a glazer on roids

Hollw technology been overkill for a good minute tho... as long as it doesnt plug most moder hollows ids say 8 out of 10 are body baggin u at center mass.

But yea that thing looks redic like a black talon x glazer

Edit 96 grains? +p+ yuck. Prob reaches almost 40 energy

Wait... jus realized it loses half its weight n the petals. On defensive carry someone alrdy applied the shwartz principle and said n FBI testing the rd wouldnt penetrate far enough... actually not even close to the 12 inches. Around half that :/ bullet needs to be about 50 grains more imo

Last edited:
Went to the shooting range the other day with zero knowledge or experience with guns. Asked the guy what he'd recommend and he gave me a 22 bolt action rifle since I'm still limited to rifles and shotguns. I had a helluva time shooting from different distances and plan on going back some time soon. I wanna go a little bigger because the 22 had no recoil whatsoever and felt like I was shooting a bb gun, what do you guys recommend? And where can I look to just get my feet wet with gun knowledge, I'm looking at this thread confused with all of these terms and models lol.

Went to the shooting range the other day with zero knowledge or experience with guns. Asked the guy what he'd recommend and he gave me a 22 bolt action rifle since I'm still limited to rifles and shotguns. I had a helluva time shooting from different distances and plan on going back some time soon. I wanna go a little bigger because the 22 had no recoil whatsoever and felt like I was shooting a bb gun, what do you guys recommend? And where can I look to just get my feet wet with gun knowledge, I'm looking at this thread confused with all of these terms and models lol.
experience is the greatest teacher. as for what caliber rifle you wanna use, move up a step. Id personally say try a .223 rifle next. a 5.56 is pretty much the same caliber. rifles are much easier to shoot than a pistol though so dont be scared. have fun man as long as you're being safe at all times.

That wound channel is absurd
sick.gif
looks like a glazer on roids

Hollw technology been overkill for a good minute tho... as long as it doesnt plug most moder hollows ids say 8 out of 10 are body baggin u at center mass.

But yea that thing looks redic like a black talon x glazer

Edit 96 grains? +p+ yuck. Prob reaches almost 40 energy

Wait... jus realized it loses half its weight n the petals. On defensive carry someone alrdy applied the shwartz principle and said n FBI testing the rd wouldnt penetrate far enough... actually not even close to the 12 inches. Around half that :/ bullet needs to be about 50 grains more imo
even though it loses half its weight...it loses half its weight inside the victim...and whoever else is behind them apparently. and still, clearing all 20" of gel and not even APPEARING to slow down at all is not good. not good at all.

Back
Top Bottom