NT's take on cheating? vol. ex on her way over

All these damn "cousins" they got you know the deal. I mean I love my fam and cousins but women tend to be extra tight with theirs.

6 pages of jibber jabber and still no pics? What has this world come to.
tired.gif

6 pages and nobody has answered the burning question.

IF you want to smash multiple chicks why not stay single? Why the need to cuff someone and have sexual relationships with other women?

Just answer me that people.
This has been asked and answered several times in this thread. Where you been?

The research is saying that monogamy is the relationship practice that yields the least amount of issues, not me.

Just think how hard it is for two people to successfully have a monogamous relationship. You don't think it would be even harder for two people to be in a polyamorous relationship, and each of them having two other people they needed to make happy simultaneously?
Can you post a link to this research? Cuz the way you're explaining it so far doesn't seem anything more than an opinion.
I actually just did a 40 page paper on this very topic as the capstone assignment for my degree, and there are multiple resources that explain this and come to this conclusion. I'm not going to dig up PSYCHinfo articles to win a NT debate.

Can you post them or pm me the links?

This isn't about winning a debate. The way you've been phrasing/explaining your side of your argument or stance or w/e you wanna call it doesn't read like you did a 40 pg paper on it. It just comes down to you saying one is easier than the other under the conditions that one is done 100% right while the other isn't because it's too hard.

As far as your scenario goes
laugh.gif
There'll always be problems in relationships whether they're monogamous or polyamorous. I could post an equally convoluted example for a monogamous one where it's just a bunch of various problems with two ppl with the threat of violence or death. Pretty much comes down to which option do you feel the pros outweigh the cons. So Mustafa will either get let down gently or end up in jail and basically the same for Jamal. Of course this is after I give them both a stern talking to, this is assuming that the females I'm smashing have already explained what a polyamorous relationship is and they've agreed and accepted to engage and further their relationships.

Not that it's a best example but the way you tell it I'm wondering why I aint seen the crazy ex-convict out early on an assault, battery, manslaughter, domestic violence bid show up and wash some of the soft males on Showtime's Polyamory series since I know that'd give the show crazy ratings and would actually dig in to the problems allegedly running rampant in polyamorous relationships.

Relationships in general aren't for the immature and unbalanced.
If you can't understand how dealing with multiple people is more difficult and has the propensity for more issues to arise than dealing with only one, I don't know what to tell you.

And since you have nothing better to do, here are all of my sources for my paper. Look through the ones that have polyamory in the title. They all pretty much say what I was trying to say. 

Aguilar, J. (2013). Situational sexual behaviors: The ideological work of moving toward polyamory in communal living groups. Journal of Contemporary Ethnography, 42(1), 104-129
Al-Krenawi, A., Graham, J. R., & Al Gharaibeh, F. (2011). A comparison study of psychological, family function marital and life satisfactions of polygamous and monogamous women in Jordan. Community Mental Health Journal, 47(5), 594-602 
Al-Krenawi, A., Slonim-Nevo, V., & Graham, J. R. (2006). Polygyny and its impact on the psychosocial well-being of husbands. Journal of Comparative Family Studies, 37(2), 173-189
Al-Krenawi, A., & Graham, J. R. (2006). A comparison of family functioning, life and marital satisfaction, and mental health of women in polygamous and monogamous marriages. International Journal of Social Psychiatry, 52(1), 5-17

Al-Krenawi, A., Graham, J. R., & Ben-Shimol-Jacobsen, S. (2006). Attitudes toward and reasons for polygamy differentiated by gender and age among bedouin-arabs of the negev. International Journal of Mental Health, 35(1), 46-61

Alexander, R. D. (1987). The biology of moral systems Aldine de Gruyter, Hawthorne, NY

Berridge, K. C. (2007). The debate over dopamine's role in reward: The case for incentive salience. Psychopharmacology,191(3), 391-431
Borries, C., Savini, T., & Koenig, A. (2011). Social monogamy and the threat of infanticide in larger mammals. Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology, 65(4), 685-693
Buss, D. M. (1995). Evolutionary psychology: A new paradigm for psychological science. Psychological Inquiry, 6(1), 1-30 

Buss, D. M., & Schmitt, D. P. (1993). Sexual strategies theory: An evolutionary perspective on human mating. Psychological Review, 100(2), 204-232. Buss, D. M. (1995). Psychological sex differences: Origins through sexual selection. American Psychologist, 50(3), 164-168 
Cho, M. M., DeVries, A. C., Williams, J. R., & Carter, C. S. (1999). The effects of oxytocin and vasopressin on partner preferences in male and female prairie voles (microtus ochrogaster). Behavioral Neuroscience, 113(5), 1071-1079
Dickerson, V. (2013). Patriarchy, power, and privilege: A narrative/poststructural view of work with couples. Family Process,52(1), 102-114

Dobson, F. S., Way, B. M., & Baudoinc, C. (2010). Spatial dynamics and the evolution of social monogamy in mammals.Behavioral Ecology, 21(4), 747-752

Dow, M. M., & Eff, E. (2013). WHEN ONE WIFE IS ENOUGH: A CROSS-CULTURAL STUDY OF THE DETERMINANTS OF MONOGAMY. Journal Of Social, Evolutionary & Cultural Psychology, 7(3), 211-238

FORTUNATO, L. (2011). Reconstructing the History of Marriage Strategies in Indo-European-Speaking Societies: Monogamy and Polygyny. Human Biology, 83(1), 87-105

Gangestad, S. W., & Simpson, J. A. (2000). The evolution of human mating: Trade-offs and strategic pluralism. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 23, 573–587

Hawkins, R. Z. (1998). Ecofeminism and nonhumans: Continuity, difference, dualism, and domination. Hypatia, 13(1), 158-197
Insel, T. R., & Hulihan, T. J. (1995). A gender-specific mechanism for pair bonding: Oxytocin and partner preference formation in monogamous voles. Behavioral Neuroscience, 109(4), 782-789
Kanazawa, S., & Still, M. C. (1999). Why Monogamy?. Social Forces, 78(1), 25-51

Klesse, C. (2006). Polyamory and its 'others': Contesting the terms of non-monogamy. Sexualities, 9(5), 565-583

Mesoudi, A. (2009). How cultural evolutionary theory can inform social psychology and vice versa. Psychological Review,116(4), 929-952
Mulder, M. B. (2009). Serial monogamy as polygyny or polyandry? Marriage in the Tanzanian pimbwe. Human Nature, 20(2), 130-150
Opie C, Atkinson QD, Shultz S. The evolutionary history of primate mating systems. Communicative & Integrative Biology 2012; 5:458 - 461 
Oswalt, S. B., & Wyatt, T. J. (2011). Of course we’re exclusive: Hispanic college students’ ideas about monogamy. Journal of Hispanic Higher Education, 10(4), 345-357.
Ozkan, M., Altindag, A., Oto, R., & Sentunali, E. (2006). Mental health aspects of turkish women from polygamous versus monogamous families. International Journal of Social Psychiatry, 52(3), 214-220
Scheele, D., Striepens, N., Güntürkün, O., Deutschländer, S., Maier, W., Kendrick, K. M., & Hurlemann, R. (2012). Oxytocin modulates social distance between males and females. The Journal of Neuroscience, 32(46), 16074-16079
Sheff, E. (2005). Polyamorous women, sexual subjectivity and power. Journal of Contemporary Ethnography, 34(3), 251-283

Shepard, L. D. (2013). The impact of polygamy on women’s mental health: A systematic review. Epidemiology and Psychiatric Sciences, 22(1), 47-62
Skrundz, M., Bolten, M., Nast, I., Hellhammer, D. H., & Meinlschmidt, G. (2011). Plasma oxytocin concentration during pregnancy is associated with development of postpartum depression. Neuropsychopharmacology, 36(9), 1886-1893
Van Schaik, C. P., & Dunbar, R. I. (1990). The evolution of monogamy in large primates: A new hypothesis and some crucial tests. Behaviour, 115(1-2), 30-62
Young, L. J., & Wang, Z. (2004). The neurobiology of pair bonding. Nature Neuroscience, 7(10), 1048-1054

I got an A+ on my paper by the way... 

Last edited:

6 pages of jibber jabber and still no pics? What has this world come to. |I

6 pages and nobody has answered the burning question.

IF you want to smash multiple chicks why not stay single? Why the need to cuff someone and have sexual relationships with other women?

Just answer me that people.
This has been asked and answered several times in this thread. Where you been?

The research is saying that monogamy is the relationship practice that yields the least amount of issues, not me.

Just think how hard it is for two people to successfully have a monogamous relationship. You don't think it would be even harder for two people to be in a polyamorous relationship, and each of them having two other people they needed to make happy simultaneously?
Can you post a link to this research? Cuz the way you're explaining it so far doesn't seem anything more than an opinion.
I actually just did a 40 page paper on this very topic as the capstone assignment for my degree, and there are multiple resources that explain this and come to this conclusion. I'm not going to dig up PSYCHinfo articles to win a NT debate.

Can you post them or pm me the links?

This isn't about winning a debate. The way you've been phrasing/explaining your side of your argument or stance or w/e you wanna call it doesn't read like you did a 40 pg paper on it. It just comes down to you saying one is easier than the other under the conditions that one is done 100% right while the other isn't because it's too hard.

As far as your scenario goes :lol: There'll always be problems in relationships whether they're monogamous or polyamorous. I could post an equally convoluted example for a monogamous one where it's just a bunch of various problems with two ppl with the threat of violence or death. Pretty much comes down to which option do you feel the pros outweigh the cons. So Mustafa will either get let down gently or end up in jail and basically the same for Jamal. Of course this is after I give them both a stern talking to, this is assuming that the females I'm smashing have already explained what a polyamorous relationship is and they've agreed and accepted to engage and further their relationships.

Not that it's a best example but the way you tell it I'm wondering why I aint seen the crazy ex-convict out early on an assault, battery, manslaughter, domestic violence bid show up and wash some of the soft males on Showtime's Polyamory series since I know that'd give the show crazy ratings and would actually dig in to the problems allegedly running rampant in polyamorous relationships.

Relationships in general aren't for the immature and unbalanced.
If you can't understand how dealing with multiple people is more difficult and has the propensity for more issues to arise than dealing with only one, I don't know what to tell you.
It's not that I don't understand it's just the way you've framed it doesn't sound like anything more than an opinion that you just keep repeating.

Thanks for the references though.

Back
Top Bottom