NYC Rent Guidelines Board Approves Increases For Rent-Stabilized Apartments

Well, do as you please and live as you please. It's your money!

But everything is expensive now, even in the Bronx, boards are setting salary minimums at outrageous numbers, just for say, a $1200/month apartment. That way none of the minorities in NYC can afford it. Gentrification is real. But yea.

NYC isn't the only city with 1200/month apartments though, you can't seriously think you can live in NYC, LA, Miami, etc big name cities for chump change.

1200 is cheap btw
Never said it was, though. Never said it was an actual price. It being "cheap" doesn't change the fact that the salary requirement is way higher than it should be, but you would miss the point and talk about the price of a made up number instead of the point I made.

Also, you can live in big cities for chump change. nYC, especially BX was never this expensive until gentrification hit. If it was so expensive so many low class people wouldn't be living here. What are you talking about? Do you even live in NYC?

smh at "low class." The *working class* have always found a way. A lot of people split the rent.

1200 is not cheap but it is what it is. There isn't an alternative.

And you can find "affordable" places, you just have to look. I have a friend that stays in a nice neighborhood that pays 1200 and lives in a house. She splits the rent with a room mate.

She's about the same distance from the city as my aunt is but my aunt pays like 1800 (I don't remember her rent. Might be 2k but ima just say 1800 since I can't remember) by herself or so for her apartment that's about the same size as my friends house. Both are large.

Meanwhile some ppl are charging 1200 min to live in like Jamaica in a one bedroom small *** apartment. You just gotta look.

And nyc isn't a dump. Ppl that say that have never been or haven't been in a long time. Ppl love to take shots.

smh at "low class." The *working class* have always found a way. A lot of people split the rent.

1200 is not cheap but it is what it is. There isn't an alternative.

And you can find "affordable" places, you just have to look. I have a friend that stays in a nice neighborhood that pays 1200 and lives in a house. She splits the rent with a room mate.

She's about the same distance from the city as my aunt is but my aunt pays like 1800 (I don't remember her rent. Might be 2k but ima just say 1800 since I can't remember) by herself or so for her apartment that's about the same size as my friends house. Both are large.

Meanwhile some ppl are charging 1200 min to live in like Jamaica in a one bedroom small *** apartment. You just gotta look.

And nyc isn't a dump. Ppl that say that have never been or haven't been in a long time. Ppl love to take shots.
Low class, working class, call us what you want.

And it's not about finding...Man, forget it Lol. I'll just take it as, you werent replying to me. Not going to keep stating the same point over.

And I'm not talking about renting a room. Im Talking about an apartment.

Last edited:
is da rents that bad all throughout the city, even Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx? 

like if there were places within any of those areas that were reasonably priced and with maybe 40 mins of the city by train, id could see myself being happy...

Not as high in the outer boroughs compared to the city.

Really? I take the ATL police test this Friday....They always come to NYC looking for new recruits. They literally said they need "real men". Bad move? My girl graduated as well but if she won't be able to find a job around there I might as well relocate somewhere else.

Different dynamic. Government job are always in demand. NYC government jobs pay really well, and NYPD pays really well too. You can make 6 figures in a few years of experience with NYPD.

NYC isn't the only city with 1200/month apartments though, you can't seriously think you can live in NYC, LA, Miami, etc big name cities for chump change.

1200 is cheap btw

As someone who has lived in NYC and Miami, rent in Miami is crazy and has gone up a lot in recent years. They have a huge influx of people with money from China, Argentina, and Venezuela buying up units and buildings only to charge higher rent.

apartments/240#post_20608808"]
Really? I take the ATL police test this Friday....They always come to NYC looking for new recruits. They literally said they need "real men". Bad move? My girl graduated as well but if she won't be able to find a job around there I might as well relocate somewhere else.
Different dynamic. Government job are always in demand. NYC government jobs pay really well, and NYPD pays really well too. You can make 6 figures in a few years of experience with NYPD.
Eh, NYPD's pay is subjective. Metro North cops make way more. And that's coming from NYPD specifically.

Also, I don't want to live in NYC anymore. Planning on moving when I graduate. Don't feel like sticking around 2+ years to hear back when you get responses in say, San Francisco in a couple of months and they get paid way more. Also, after the experiences I've had with NYPD i dont think Id want to work for whoever is giving them orders. I need something quicker, if you feel me. I don't care if I move to the area and then apply for the city PD after.

Just need an ideal place, somewhere down south. My girl already graduated and is working but if she can't find a job in say, ATL, no point in going there. Plus top ATL cop salary is 55k. I was just going to use it as a stepping stone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom