Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Unless Calderon is packaged and moved sometime soon.....then this trade doesnt really do anything.

Saving the $7 mill is nice. But other than that what are the pro's?

Even though Calderon has a longer contract, he's more of a tradable asset than Raymond Felton. You can package him in a trade, especially if he does well in the triangle. He won't be asked to score much and carry a huge load. Remember, the triangle offense has a way of making even the most average PG's look good.

My suspicions would be we package Amare and Calderon to a team under the cap that needs to some offense.

Last edited:
1361921246_tumblr_mhpa5edksk1s4mj7uo1_400.gif

Calderon doesn't strike me as a Triangle guy. Too ball dominant. So either he won't be here long or we'll have some non-triangle ish going on at times, which I doubt.

I don't think it's going to be easy for the Knicks to move Calderon. We're not gaining future cap room from this trade, the Mavs are, that's why we're getting the better players and maybe a pick. Calderon is making about 3/22 over the next 3 years. To move him would probably require losing shump/tim or a future pick, jsut the same way it cost the mavs a young player (larkin) and a pick to move him.

Idk about y'all but a draft pick is a draft pick to me. Guys slip through the cracks every year because people automatically write them off due to it being the second round or whatever you call it...then wonder how such and such team got a steal.

I don't think it's going to be easy for the Knicks to move Calderon. We're not gaining future cap room from this trade, the Mavs are, that's why we're getting the better players and maybe a pick. Calderon is making about 3/22 over the next 3 years. To move him would probably require losing shump/tim or a future pick, jsut the same way it cost the mavs a young player (larkin) and a pick to move him.
He's making about 7 mil a year just like Felton was. & he's considerably easier to move than Felton would have been alone. If this trade wasn't happening of course.

He's making about 7 mil a year just like Felton was. & he's considerably easier to move than Felton would have been alone. If this trade wasn't happening of course.

Felton was going to make 3.8m and 4.0m for 2 years. Calderon 7.1, 7.4, 7.7 for the next 3. That being said, Calderon could be easier to move in the future because he isn't 4M of essentially dead money and has some value, but this trade helps Dallas' cap situation and hurts ours slightly. I think getting Larkin and a pick makes it a fair tradeoff though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom