Do You Think Oakland Is Dangerous?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• They're about that action boss

• Total voters
I'm not from Oakland but a couple goofs at the sideshow isn't indicative of the whole city.

Oakland is a great city. It has a lot of character. Lots of potential. But still, lots of problems and a long way from reaching its potential.

IMO i think it has the best weather in the bay area as compared to the other major cities (SF and SJ.) It's warmer and sunnier than SF and has a nice breeze that SJ lacks.

I currently stay in the south bay because there are so many more job opportunities in the silicon valley than in the East Bay. But I've always dreamed of raising a family in the East Bay. 

I think Oakland could use some gentrification. 

Oakland has the weather but a lot of people would rather just live in the other cities in the East Bay that have even better weather and lower crime. There really is way too many options on that side where you don't have to live in Oakland if you don't want to and even if you loved the Oakland lifestyle, it would only be a hop skip and a jump away.

I figure I'd ask here since you guys seem knowledgeable.

Is Berkeley still bad these days? West Berkeley in particular.

Overall Berkeley is still Berkeley and is even going throw their changes. I always said if I didn't live in SF that I'd live in Berkeley. Ironically there has been a Trader Joes that opened on University Ave and that one little area is like prime real estate with condos that were built and what not.

And Hilltop was my mall growing up. I never thought it was as ghetto as it sounds. Granted the shops are catered tot he people that live around there (I remember those suit stores that we'd call pimp stores) and petty theft happens but I don't think like shootings and what not happens there. I haven't been there in a minute though.

at comparing sf and oakland
laugh.gif

Fairfield mall hood? Lol i work there it aint that bad.

Hilltop and southland mall in hayward tho.. Pretty hood

Hahahahaaaaaa

I live hella close to Southland. Was talking to the guy responsible for security there a couple months ago, he was telling me how one of the jewelers there got robbed by a crew with automatic weapons :smh:

Where you work? :nerd: I used to work at the Raider store there a year or so ago and my parents own the Mrs Field's.

That mall is not hood either :lol: There have been a few incidents/shootings but for the most part it isn't that bad.

Hahahahaaaaaa

I live hella close to Southland. Was talking to the guy responsible for security there a couple months ago, he was telling me how one of the jewelers there got robbed by a crew with automatic weapons :smh:
yeah i hate going to southland
remember back before bayfair did the remodel
bayfair was the mall to go to
like 02/03
then everyone started going to southland

not all of BK famb :rolleyes

DC has gentrified especially NE. Kenilworth and Trinidad calmed down with the mixed housing additions. Most of them fools ran to cap heights, seat pleasant and suitland. Southside however, is still very much the southside, Capitol Hill yuppies call it the forgotten quadrant.

TBH, I disagree gentrification will occur. I think Oakland is more likely to become what Detroit is.
naw oakland still has its port to keep it afloat
no BAY AREA city will ever be Detroit status
and im not talking about fairfield and vallejo when i say bay area

How does weather in SF suck unless you live in Sunset? It's one of the mildest climates in the entire world :lol: 70-75 degree summers and 50-55 winters>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the heatwaves and cold spells that the rest of the Bay and world in general experiences

Last edited:

That's about all they got. They're about to lose the Warriors and eventually will lose the A's.

From a commerce perspective, nobody is willing to invest there. Even Jack London Square which should be prime real estate is filled with empty vacancies.

How does weather in SF suck unless you live in Sunset? It's one of the mildest climates in the entire world :lol: 70-75 degree summers and 50-55 winters>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the heatwaves and cold spells that the rest of the Bay and world in general experiences
That's California in general. I did two years in Oxnard and a hoodie was borderline overkill. Cali weather is heaven compared to the east and midwest and I loved it. Short sleeves ftw. But I never got to do NorCal, heard its nothing like superficial SoCal.

Last edited:
That's about all they got. They're about to lose the Warriors and eventually will lose the A's.

From a commerce perspective, nobody is willing to invest there. Even Jack London Square which should be prime real estate is filled with empty vacancies.

When they had the idea to try and put the A's stadium at Jack London square, I thought that would have been the best thing for Oakland. There are so many Bart stations around there that it could have really set Oakland off in creating a night life down there. Jack London Square is so sad now. I can't believe at one point it had the better club there in the 90's. It's just not the same as it used to be.

People complaining about the weather in SF are the people that live in hotter conditions prior. That is one of the number one things transplants from LA say about SF is how bad the weather is. Even people with more seasonal weather can hate SF weather cause they miss the intense hot summers and the cold winters. I for one just hate the summer weather here. I grew up with 80-90 degree summers and we hardly get solid heat waves out here at all.

Oakland is the west coast brooklyn
You're an idiot for that. You clearly have never stopped foot in Brooklyn. 

Brooklyn > your life

I'll give you a pass though. You probably never stepped foot in NY. You might have been thinking about BX

Last edited:
TBH, I disagree gentrification will occur. I think Oakland is more likely to become what Detroit is.
Anything within the greater bay area will never become what Detroit is simply because of the economic powerhouse that is the Silicon Valley.

With BART expanding to the southbay by 2020, people will now have reasonable commute access to the South Bay from anywhere in the East Bay. Right now, you can't work in the silicon valley and live in the east bay because your only option is the 880 freeway. Once BART expands, I could see a lot of people moving out to the east bay and maintaining jobs in the silicon valley. 

Instead of ******** on Detroit you should ask yourself why these hit pieces keep getting put out in the media about cities where the majority of the residents are minorities.

Instead of ******** on Detroit you should ask yourself why these hit pieces keep getting put out in the media about cities where the majority of the residents are minorities.
bruh im not tryna **** on detroit
what are u talking about

Back
Top Bottom